CD key

Best answers
Hey, a while ago I lost the case to Half-life and recently it asked me for my CD key. I managed to find "a" CD key from a site but now I can't play games on the net because it says my CD key is not valid. Is there a way to change the files around so that the CD key I'm using now works?

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm afraid not - and this also can't be discussed on the forums since it's considered to use any cd-key that you did not buy - and then talking about that would be categorized as 'warez', viz-a-viz something that is not permitted.

Your only hope is to either find the original cd-key or get yourself a new one the old fashioned way - buy it. :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can change your CD-Key through your system registry. I know how to do it, but I advise you not to mess if you don't know what you're doing. However if you typed your key in correctly, and it doesn't work then that means you got it from a CD-key generator.
But you might have mis-typed it, so if you need help with that Msg me on AIM - Phatslugga1000 or MSN - [email protected]

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's an idea. Just go buy HL for about $10 and then you have a unique cd key forever.

Don't talk about cd key generators or anything related to warez. It is strictly not allowed.

closed

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ET he did buy it according to his post

Mike you should be able to get a new one from sierra/valve if you email them a scan of your origional cd
Don't forget to ask for a new key, They might think it strange someone sending only a pic of their cd

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dev: Thanks for pointing that out. Apparently I read over his post a little fast. My apologies to Mike88. It seems I can make mistakes. :rolleyes:

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Re-opened since he's being legal n stuff :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom