Cd-Key Problems (I Can't Play Online!)

Best answers
Well this happened a while ago and I don't know what to do to fix it. Everytime I join a game it just says connected to server then it counts down until 0 and says error couldnt connect to server. Then I tried hosting a game and when someone tried to join it says something like cannot regester wonid or something I forget. So I didn't really care until I found out that there will be no bots for esf beta :'( so I think it's something to do with my wonid so I reinstalled everything but it never tells me to enter my cd key so thats probly why I cant connect to servers so is their a way of entering your cd-key somewhere. This is a serious problem PLEASE help if you can.

Thanks in advance

Best answers
I have retail cs and I have a cd-key it just wont let me enter it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i think theres a way to look at the cd key, i dont know how thou

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if half life has a windows app log file it could be stored there if you have previously registered with a working key

Best answers
Well I got two cd-keys my hl one and my cs one but when uninstalling or reinstalling it doesn't ask me to enter my cd-key and I don't think you can play w/o a cd key entered!

Best answers
Start > Run... > regedit > OK > My Computer > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Valve > Half-Life > Settings > right-click Key > Modify > ...

Best answers
Well my cd-key was already there (dont know how when i never entered it) but I tried re-entering it and now it says could not get won authentification so it does less than it used too so I give up I'll just have to hope that somebody will make a bot for esf one day man am i ever pissed :(
/me shoots himself in the head. but o well i can always fly around by myself in an empty map attacking the ground

Well thanks for your help guys.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Instead of entering the cd-key into the registry, when you right click it to modify it, just delete the cd-key in there and leave it blank!! It will ask you to type in your cd-key the next time you start up HL!!

Best answers
Originally posted by Android17
and now it says could not get won authentification
That has nothing to do with your CD-key... it means that you can't connect to WON... check your connection settings; DNS, router, etc, reset the router if you use one, restart the computer, if none of that works you got a problem...

Best answers
How do I check all thiscrap could you help me plz

im on 56k btw

Best answers
hmm... this shouldn't occur on 56k... do u use a firewall ? if yes, u need to specify somewhere in the options to 'give' hl.exe (or cstrike.exe whichever 1 u use) 'all access rights' or whatever... if it's not a firewalling issue it could be anything from modem drivers to... (I'm not sure)... >_<

Best answers
just mail to sierra
I had same prob but they fixed it
can't remember how anymore though:S

Best answers
their are bots for esf even if they are a little dumb you can use akimbot! i use it and the bots use beam attacks and fly and everything!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
those bots are terrible, especially frieza. lazer beam psycho if you ask me. once you get a good pl their pretty much toast waiting for the kamehameha butter :D :fight:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom