Categories

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well post them in here.

What categories should there be in the member of the year election.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Comedian
Spammer
Thread of the Year
Post of the year
The helper of the year
The Staff member of the year
The FC member of the year
The lamer of the year
THE MEMBER OF THE YEAR :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We probably shouldn't have negative topics to win. Also, we don't need that many category's, we only have so many members..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Artist of the year?
You can have several different categories in that as well.

Biggest d*ck of the year. (And by d*ck I mean photo evidence that you have a huge d*ck)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Modeler of the year
Mapper of the year
Gfx artist of the year
Esf developer of the year

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the hell, your still doing this?

just give up on it. like i said the people who dont deserve it are gonna be the ones who get it. people like sub and zeo and possibly kong, the 3 who basically kept the mod going arent gonna get it. even if it is just something to get the forums kicking, i dont want to see it done if its not just.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come on, Dark. There's no reason not to do this. Stop being a killjoy and help us make the vote fair and balanced. In fact, I heard we're getting Diebold machines to tally the votes. What can possibly go wrong with Diebold machines? The forum needs this kind of thing to keep it upbeat and relatively fun. Stop moping about and let's give it a go. It's being backed by mods so it isn't going to be the joke that the other thread was.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like you said, I'm not going to win any awards and Sub probably won't either. I don't think he cares and I certainly don't. The community is bigger than any one person and the purpose of focusing our efforts to keep the game alive was to make sure it survives until at least the release of 1.3, at which point the "shiny" will attract new players and old players alike. Whether or not they stay is up to the team. The best we can do is aid them.

This is the kind of thread that helps to aid the community. It keeps the people still around happy and engaged. Just roll with it and see how it goes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
please tell me thats a joke. even if you have to lie.
I don't see why you are so against this? If people are given the criteria needed for the certain nomination, then they essentially can't pick anyone they want.

But you do have a rift between the forum community and the game community. I haven't played the game in a while, so I wouldn't have much to go on. But I think to be fair, those two should be separate, or have the "User of the Year" encompass both forum and game users.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look, im all for the cold/hot toilet seats, glow in the dark cats, lawsuits against corporate giants, and rappers that try to sound all hip and cool discussions. however, a thread like this shouldnt be taken jokingly or even in just good spirits, it should be a serious matter.

because without certain people you wouldnt be typing on this forum (not you specifically chakra, although i havent seen you around for quite a while.) they do deserve, beyond everyone else, to be praised. whether they care too be or not. thats right zeo, i dont care if you dont care. your caring can go **** itself AND its mom.

or maybe this is just a deep seated loathing of the esf team for rising my spirits and then ass raping them with a spiked mace over and over and over again. so im against letting any of them get any kind of recognition. hell its probably both reasons combined, but my reasons stand.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason why the other two threads were closed was BECAUSE they were being taken jokingly. That is why the following "award ceremony" or whatever you want to call it will be backed by the team. Personally, I'd rather see it backed by the moderators since I rarely see the team actually post outside of Kong and Greg, but that's just me. They're obviously taking the idea seriously, so I highly doubt we're going to see people who don't deserve to even be nominated win any awards.

If I cared, I'm sure my care and it's mother would be deeply offended. But I don't and so I'm unable to. However, my cat is willing to be offended for them. Be afraid.

Hatred of the team really shouldn't even cross over to an award ceremony. It's in recognition of the forum community and the gaming community, both of which the team plays a very small role. Hate them all you want, but this award thing is for us, by us.

Just as a side note, anything we've done for the community, both covertly and overtly, behind closed doors and on the stage, hasn't been for recognition and we don't expect people to understand what any of us have done. Especially in my case, since I'm the devil in man form. The point has always been to help the community. If we don't care if we're not recognized, you shouldn't care either. Just let it go and smile that wonderful smile of yours and sit on my lap so I can tell you stories from The Book of Nixanthra.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because without certain people you wouldnt be typing on this forum (not you specifically chakra, although i havent seen you around for quite a while.) they do deserve, beyond everyone else, to be praised. whether they care too be or not. thats right zeo, i dont care if you dont care. your caring can go **** itself AND its mom.
Well in my defense, the forums were down for awhile, and then were unbearingly slow. Even on my occasional visits, there'd barely be anything new. I came back when the forum started to speed up.

But I think you are underestimating the voters and overestimating the award. I believe, or hope, the voting will be genuine, but this is really just something fun to do. Or at leasts, the other categories will be in good fun.

I also think there are much more than a few members keeping this forum alive. The faster forums, the debate-inspiring topics, the POTWs, and what not, are the work of many more people. As for the gaming community, the people who keep the servers up and actually play the game are the people keeping the game going.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...well, getting off-topic a bit, so...
My categories would be:
Mod (as in moderator) of the year
ESF player of the year(...)
Forum modeler/mapper/2D artist of the year
Overal member of the year (of course)
Mod wanna-be of the year
****head of the year (e.g. the most hated member of the year)
Newbie of the year (from ppl who joined this year)

We should also have miscelaneous awards, like:
Poster of the year (yeah, i know...)
Most filtered words (would be interesting, but not likely0
Worst/best comment
{insert random forum thing}
and so on...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As being one of the top three contestants for "****head of the year", I am opposed to this being a category.

The categories should be Forum Member of the Year, Comedian of the Year, and Moderator of the Year. I see no point in trying to make someone a "player of the year", because that's just nonsense. We can't determine that. Most pro players are true a-holes. The ones who aren't wouldn't accept the award.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As being one of the top three contestants for "Newbie of the year", I am opposed to this being a category. -quoted by Mr.Avenger
EDIT: DAMN 120 secs eetween posts rule >_>

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LoL, why not? I used newbie with the meaning of new forum member (which is a good thing btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom