Cashe_Tryalloc crash on HLDS

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have a slight problem and I need a little help here. I installed ESF 1.2.3 with big pack 8.4 on my steam account and it's working fine, minus a few missing sound files. But I wanted to play with some friends and since I can't seem to get anyone to join my listenserver, I copied the esf folder to my stand alone hlds and it won't load. Just as the server starts loading, I get the following error message.

Code:
Cashe_Tryalloc:74354273 is greater then free hunk
But if I remove the core pluging manager from the amxx plugins list, the server loads fine. This is Steam stand alone HLDS and my server PC should be more then ready to run this mod.

3.0ghz Pentium D Dual Core
3gb DDR2
250gb sata hdd (170gb free space)
Windows 7 home premium
Steam HLDS 1.1.2.1

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That error means not enough free memory to load up all files. Try removing a few un-neded character AMXX files. It might fix it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Remove some amxx character files? That would do it? I seem to recal a run line command that would adjust hlds memory allocation above the normal (I think) 32mb barrier. -heapsize <variable> if im not mistaken. Would something like that also work? Or is it an entity limit behind the cause?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Remove some amxx charactor files? That would do it? I seem to recal a run line command that would adjust hlds memory allocation above the normal (I think) 32mb barrier. -heapsize <variable> if im not mistaken. Would something like that also work? Or is it an entity limit behind the cause?
It might work. Im not to familiar with those kind of commands.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay. It doesn't seem to be a memory issue but more of an entity limit issue. As you suggested, stripping most of the character files out does appear to work. But you can only have 7 of them in order to get hlsw to load esf with big pack 8.4. And now that it is loading, it seems very unstable. Is there anything more that I can do to improve the server stability yet still run big pack 8.4?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I doubt its an entity issue. AN entity issue would throw out the more than 512 error.

This error itself means that there is not enough free memory to load the files and that 74354273 bytes is how much you need to free up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom