card combat system

Best answers
how about this for a combat system, from the old nes and snes dbz rpg games... a card combat system where you would select one of five cards like below

the top ball is attack value, and the bottem ball is the defense value(japanese character corrisponds to a number) the numbers range from 1-7 and Z which reperesents 8, also in the games if the cards symble matches the characters symble the player does extra damage(in the snes version the character would attack all opponents, its like a final fantasy game)

Best answers
evirustheslaye said:
how about this for a combat system, from the old nes and snes dbz rpg games... a card combat system where you would select one of five cards like below

the top ball is attack value, and the bottem ball is the defense value(japanese character corrisponds to a number) the numbers range from 1-7 and Z which reperesents 8, also in the games if the cards symble matches the characters symble the player does extra damage(in the snes version the character would attack all opponents, its like a final fantasy game)
But this isn't a final fanasy game...
:p

And I'm pretty damn sure this would NOT work for ESF.

Best answers
i was just explaining why the player attacks all opponents, im sure that wouldnt fit in this kind of game, im just suggesting the basics of the card system to determine the damage during combat, the rounds are set up like this:
player 1 attacks first, player 2 recieves damage, player 2 attacks, player 1 recieves damage...

have four cards draw during combat, the players would select the card by inputing the corrisponding butten(like selecting a play in madden's football games) haveing cards lined up in a diamond, and you would "move" in the direction of the wanted card, like say the card you want is on the left side of the diamond move left(hit a), if its on the buttem move back(hit s) and so on

and if you want to have the "double damage symble" thing in there then im sure you can fit a small representation of your characters symble into the interface some where without abstructing too much

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah, I don't see it working with ESF- which is more fast paced - card systems don't work, and what happens if a player doesn't select a card and just sits there?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omg I hate this idea, no offense but cards do not belong in a fast paced game! >.<

Cards are my enemies, I'll kill them all, but first their leader..

Best answers
This idea is not a good one it would make esf dull and boring just stick to the combat system we have now and add some things to it like in the throw system add a little bit of special combos to make it more nicier

Best answers
well if the user dosnt select a card in like a secound or two then i would be fine with one of three things happining 1) lowest value card selected 2) treat it as a card value of 0(attack and defense) is selected 3) treat it as a card value of 1 is selected

in the old games during the "damage dealing" phase you sould see animations of the two characters fighting

there was a point made about the throwing system, well there is one card used in the old game to use chi(KI) attacks, why not just use that as the throw attack, which if used during attack throws the opponent,if used during defense while being throwen cancels the throw...

theres plenty of ways of implimenting it, im sure if the time taken to select a card, and the amount of rounds is kept down vary low im sure it will be an interesting way to play. prehaps just impliment it as another option during server creation

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there may well be plenty of ways of implementing it, but it simply does not suit ESF - not this genre in general.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it would fit into ESF at all, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea, it's just misplaced. Try the DBZ CCG or it's Gameboy equivalent.

Best answers
im lost but if u saying that they should put like a kamehama card or someting like that then HELL NO

Best answers
no no im not talking about a compleatly card based game raven... and i am not talking about haveing the different ki attacks as cards that randomly appear... the card system im talking about is only used to determine damage delt and recieved based on the different values on the card itself which is selected during melee combat, and only accounts for one specific melee attack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom