cant use DBZ music why?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**Before reading this this is not a complaint to ESF and the making of it**

ok i came across a thread thats closed with this quote

"I think there's some new stuff. And downloading stuff that's copyrighted is illegal."

Reason being why he closed thread, for wanting music from the show, but explain to me this. your making an entire game from a copyrighted show, not only uing the ashows ideas, but also sounds from it.

once again this is not a complaint to esf, which is one of the best games out there, just the fact so many people complain about "oh this and thats copyrighted, we cant do that." Noone can think for a sec and look at what they are already doing .Why? just because its a audio file? if so what about the effects in the game?

adding music from the show to ESF wont be doing anything thats already being done. Unless of course theres been verification from Akira Toriama himself, which i doubt.

So to my conclusion, you should add some music from the show to have the more DBZ feeling to the game.

Best answers
To rip songs from the show and put it for download would be (tekinicly) Warez, for your taking somone's "hard copy" and giving it out for free. When they should be paying for it.

On the other hand, This mod is offering SOMETHING free, that Fundimation Doesn't have physicly....the idea is copyrighted, that you CAN'T make a profit off of it, and ESF makes no profit of this game, so its leagle.

Best answers
Xeno-Soft said:
On the other hand, This mod is offering SOMETHING free, that Fundimation Doesn't have physicly....the idea is copyrighted, that you CAN'T make a profit off of it, and ESF makes no profit of this game, so its leagle.
He hits the nail on the head, I was JUST about to say that.

Best answers
Actually.. Funimations could still get ESF, they could find a way. They just either haven't heard of ESF yet... or... they realize its a good game and its not hurting their name ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xeno-Soft said:
To rip songs from the show and put it for download would be (tekinicly) Warez, for your taking somone's "hard copy" and giving it out for free. When they should be paying for it.

im aware esf doesnt make a profit but still taking idea thats copyrighten. and sincei download music from kazza for free, no one makes profits there, its just peer 2 peer program, its still being considered illegal. But why? no ones getting money out of this? i never paid for my songs? ESF has sounds riped from the show. Voices or music, its still audio from the same source.

Ultima2_freeze said:
Actually.. Funimations could still get ESF, they could find a way. They just either haven't heard of ESF yet... or... they realize its a good game and its not hurting their name ;)
Funimations cant do anything, they didnt make ESF though they do have permission to get a profit, its not there consern on all this, this goes to the source, Akira Toriama

Best answers
It could be viewed as a source to promote oktagon servers, err if that's still what the site is running off of. Trust me there are dozens of ways they can make it to look as if the ESF team is trying to make a profit in some way. But.. point is if htey haven't done anything thus far they probably wont.

Sound Artist
Best answers
It's promoting DBZ, they'd be stupid to try and shut ESF down, why do you think games allow people to Mod off their engine?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I closed said topic. Regardless of the differences/similarities you see, mp3 and simple ripped sounds are different. You're not going to sit there listening to DBZ sounds, and they don't put DBZ sounds on CDs for sale. DBZ Music CDs are for sale, hence, it would be illegal to allow downloads of those songs. If you wish to pursue these mp3s, you have to do it on your own time and not via the forums. It's as simple as that.

-Karrde-

Best answers
everything has already been said but also we dont want this game to turn into a bidforpower :(

Best answers
Kazza is leagle because its not kazza giving you the files, its another person, if you read kazza or any p2p programs contract that you hit agree to, it would say somewhere in there that they do not condone the sharing of ileagle files such as mp3's from albums.

Random sound clips from the english show arn't for sale ;) hence, your not selling there product...unless they wanted to be *******s about it. Jesus, if you really want the sounds Download them yourself and put them in.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thread really has no point now so I'm closing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom