Cannot Post Message Every 120 Seconds blah blah

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can you reduce that. theres alot of times when i could say something usefull, or crit a model, or help a noob, but when i see that message i just close firefox

make it 60 or something

digital demons uses 30 seconds and it works fine.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's so bad about 120 seconds? You can't view threads in different tabs for two minutes or chat on AIM or something?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The two minute restriction is for bots and members of the forum who wish to make short posts in a large number of threads in a small amount of time (usually spam). 2 minutes is not horrible, and usually if you take the time to think out a meaningful post it takes about that long to get it ready anyway.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do i have the feeling this thread is my fault -_-

Best answers
I agree...lol i had to wait cause i just made a post..ugh..2 minutes is WAY WAY WAY Too long

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Why do i have the feeling this thread is my fault -_-
Why do you spam up the thread? The purpose of the 120 second rule is so people can't go around posting sentences like that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, but people who make useful suggestions or comments have to wait to help someone with the 2 minute restriction. Its a real pain in the patooty if you ask me. I say, to keep the restriction still in but make it fair, make it 90 seconds. That would make things a little more reasonable.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Patience is a virtue. If the restriction were removed it would be used for good far less often than it would be more useful for people who wanted to hurt the forum than to those who wanted to help. Unless you are getting that message multiple times every day, it is not a big enough issue to complain about. I think I created a thread in suggestions about this same thing back when I first got into the forum and averaged 14 posts a day, but I learned to deal with it and I still have 3800 posts to my name. Just take a break to surf the rest of the forum or look at pictures or something before you post, or god forbid, add more content to your post.

Best answers
I always have to wait cause i usually only look at the new posts and i answer all the questions and stuff if i know them. I'm waiting right now to post this... I usually just keep clicking post untill the time is up i think it should at least say how many seconds you have left like the search does. it should say you have (number of time remaining) untill you can post. instead of just saying administratior ... you can only post once every 120 seconds. Thats like 30 posts every hour if you can switch that fast. i wonder if i pulled up multiple windows and had the text entered in each thread i was answering in and clicked them all really fast while the previous one was sending.... i bet it wouldnt work lol.
Sonic Boyster said:
Patience is a virtue.
Like Vegeta said in one of the episodes "Patience isn't our strongest virtue."

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't particularly think that, "it's unfair - I need to post a crit or an answer to a question, and 2 minutes is too long" is a valid reason to decrease the 120 second delay. Is the person who made the model going to vanish in 2 minutes? Is the person seeking help going to lose all hope in 2 minutes?

I doubt the answer to either question is "Yes." This isn't IRC; it's a forum. The purpose of a forum is not to have chat sessions, but to post messages in response to a discussion.

The 120-second delay is there for a reason. I understand that some of the more avid posters will find it annoying, but it was set at 120 seconds for a reason. If the community were a lot smaller, I can understand changing that delay. However, because of the fact that bots are often registered here, and, from time to time, people like to spam, we will be keeping the delay the way it is.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
I don't particularly think that, "it's unfair - I need to post a crit or an answer to a question, and 2 minutes is too long" is a valid reason to decrease the 120 second delay. Is the person who made the model going to vanish in 2 minutes? Is the person seeking help going to lose all hope in 2 minutes?

I doubt the answer to either question is "Yes." This isn't IRC; it's a forum. The purpose of a forum is not to have chat sessions, but to post messages in response to a discussion.

The 120-second delay is there for a reason. I understand that some of the more avid posters will find it annoying, but it was set at 120 seconds for a reason. If the community were a lot smaller, I can understand changing that delay. However, because of the fact that bots are often registered here, and, from time to time, people like to spam, we will be keeping the delay the way it is.

Sonic Boyster said:
The two minute restriction is for bots and members of the forum who wish to make short posts in a large number of threads in a small amount of time (usually spam). 2 minutes is not horrible, and usually if you take the time to think out a meaningful post it takes about that long to get it ready anyway.
Well you can understand what they are sayying. If it wwas anything less stuff like arguments could happen right on the dot where two users are online and be a continuing barrage of posts which could easily be filled to a page , it's a reasonable rule to have it setup to combat spam. I only rarely get the message anyway , but most of the time i am ethier reading alot in that thread or doing other stuff on the internet. If there was no time limit setup , newbs would build up alot of posts in one thread that they may have created for posts , admin/mod staff would more likely hand out warnings alot more often and there would be to many posts to sought through , making it a nightmare to get through the job

In the end , it all comes down to the human mind thinking indepth too about this , and we all can't just post our brains out every miniute of everyday (if that did happen , that would equal 1440 posts from people who got really addicted from to these forums in that case , to much to sought through and it cut's down the post ratio so if there is a situation that goes against something , it's easier to handle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom