Cannot connect to steam... WTF?!

Best answers
steam was working fine yesterday, but this morning it said "there is no login info stored on this computer," so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now it says "cannot connect to steam server," and according to the steam status it's working, I did a virus scan, ad ware scan, and spyware scan, I had a trojan and deleted it but it still isn't working. I tried contacting steam but I can't find a way to directly contact them and they don't have a forum that actually helps me

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you better hope the guy controling the Trojan didnt change your steam password while you were loged in

Best answers
I had this yesterday too but it got fixed

Best answers
Right now I don't have a steam account on it because I reinstalled it, and it still won't connect. one of my friends said it could take days, which is bs. I doubt they got anywhere with the trojan because I do frequent scans when I'm gonna be away or something is making it slow or making it glitchy

Best answers
Today I was screwing around with my firewall setttings and I deleted all the permited and blocked programs on my norton security list and I disabled static NAT and it finnaly worked. Now I just have to deal with the norton pop ups asking me if I should allow this and that.

(Edit)All I think the trojan did was change my norton stuff but auto protect prevented it from accessing a lot of stuff maybe.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good to hear cause im down to formating my disk in a fiew days :S

Best answers
When I was careless with my computer it broke for 4 months and I almost lost my Battle.net accounts and I lost 2 character on Diablo with really nice items. Over 600 files infected with the bloodhound virus :shocked: :scared: :cry: . when it got to 600 my computer crashed so we got a local guy to come fix it cuz the other guys don't like money or something.

(Off Topic) What is this face supposed to mean: :devil: ? I've seen it before and it freaks me out. looks like he's rotting

(Edit) OMFG Steam is so F**king stupid, I asked them why I couldn't connect and they changed my password. I flipped out on them and then they say that my account obviously isn't Psycs2012(which it is) and that I'm being too abusive. the only "abusive" word I used was "damn" and I put the whole thing in caps, and to them that's abusive. what about fonts that are all caps and no lowers? pffffffffffffffft I hate companies that don't read and just send you the faq or the frequently most used solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom