Can i someway play offline ? (with frends and bots)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe, but i still buy my games :)
i dont support piracy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3 reasons why I hate Steam:

1. The CONSTANT updating!!!
2. Having to download your game off the net instead of installing it off the cd.
3. Because of this.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are saying constant updates is a bad thing?

Its the same as Antivirus definitions updates.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
3 reasons why I hate Steam:

2. Having to download your game off the net instead of installing it off the cd.
3. Because of this.
I have to agree with Grega, you're saying like you would rather have a bugged steam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
You are saying constant updates is a bad thing?

Its the same as Antivirus definitions updates.
Yes, I am, because I don't like waiting 5 minutes when I want to play ESF. If the game works, it works. Why screw with it? The updates might just mess it up, which indeed recently happened. By the way, I don't use Anti Virus, I don't need it. Because I am very careful about what I download and have an excellent firewall, whose logs I check every day.

FF|Skyrider said:
I have to agree with Grega, you're saying like you would rather have a bugged steam.
What do you mean by 'bugged'? You mean being able to play illegally? Well, both you and Grega saw me online before, which clearly states that I have a legal version of Half-Life, which means that I don't use hacked games. So I'm not saying that I'd rather have a "bugged" Steam, I'm saying that I would like to play ONLINE with Steam, without updating which lasts 5 minutes here, and having to DOWNLOAD the game off the net, instead of installing it normally. Basically, I'd like Steam to be like WON, only less buggy. Do you know how many people on this planet live in a village, don't have an internet connection, and are crazy for DBZ games?! So, they can't play ESF. Tough luck. That.Is.Not.Fair. That is what I'm saying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True. Dan has its point, the people whom started with Won, propably have good ol' memories for it, although the steam players whom havent ever used Won, just say it sucks compared to Steam.

Won 10/0 Steam 0/0

so, Won Ftw, in the other hand: Steam ftl.

atleast im not the only one here whom likes won more than steam o_O
but still, only 2 persons!? AWWW..... Come on dudes...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I meant more with "bugged" about the "constant" updating. Would you rather have a bugged game / steam?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LegendarY said:
True. Dan has its point, the people whom started with Won, propably have good ol' memories for it, although the steam players whom havent ever used Won, just say it sucks compared to Steam.

Won 10/0 Steam 0/0

I like won to i only use won to experimentet and it's not tru about won that is buggy i use won only the half-life whick is an original hl but i use it as won

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
I meant more with "bugged" about the "constant" updating. Would you rather have a bugged game / steam?

What I want is MANUAL UPDATING. Like with WON. You just run a seperate .exe file and it does the updating when you need it. If the game works, don't mess with it. For me ESF worked when I first got Steam, and it worked flawlessly. Why update then? Steam makes it so that you are FORCED to update every time. It would be really good if Valve would release a different version of Steam, with manual updating, is that too much to ask!? It would make things much easier. If you have bugs, you update. If you don't, you don't update. What is wrong with that?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LegendarY said:

Won 10/0 Steam 0/0

Sorry but ive been playing ESF since long befor STEAM came out.

I have lots of nice memories on STEAM. But i do remember WON having problems with incompatible versions round release times. STEAM deals away with that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Sorry but ive been playing ESF since long befor STEAM came out.

I have lots of nice memories on STEAM. But i do remember WON having problems with incompatible versions round release times. STEAM deals away with that.
But, if Valve could make a thing such as Steam, then WHY THE HELL didn't they just release a new version of WON that is less buggy? Are you saying that Valve couldn't have done that? That would have been a much better solution. Why did they make Steam? Why did they change it? That's something I'll never understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom