Cable Suckage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Over the past week, my cable steadily gets slower from 7AM to 12PM. I don't know why, it just does. I've tried contacting time warner, but they say my packet send and receive is fine (-_-). In the morning server pings are around 20, in the evening they're around 300, 15x more -_-... This is really starting to piss me off.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, 7PM-12PM is peak hours... so that could be the problem... Too many people using too much bandwith.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't the one on the right the servers pings? And are you sharing your cable or is it split and maybe somene uses it at night.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's all going to me, no one else.

Optimus Prime said:
Well, 7PM-12PM is peak hours... so that could be the problem... Too many people using too much bandwith.
I guess a couple tens of thousands of people just got it in the last week then :eek:.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My cable does that as well. Except it does it at like 12 am and early in the morning. after a while i cant get online. i cant browse the internet. i cant play games. i cant do anything. And i have cox cable (5mbps dl and 512 kb ul) kinda sucks... So i fell your pain.

Best answers
he wasnt thinking that his ping was that high... he was showing how many servers there were and how the lowest latency he gets is 300. which is bull. you freakin have cable man o_O although I have time warner as well and I dont really have this problem... but... I dont know. Wait, maybe thatll clear things up. If it doesnt, call them again while your internet is all ****ed and then tell them your problem. See what they say.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get rid of Time Warner... I had the EXACT same problem and they did absolutley nothing to help me with it. I recently tried earthlink and I have to say that I am absolutley satisfied. They have great service and I constantly download at 350+ kb per second almost anywhere.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cox Digital Cable is teh best! :')
Also smith, check for spywares or viruses.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome pings in the morning :eek:.

Too bad it doesn't last.

Best answers
Hmm... ya know what? When you get that nasty slowdown, try resetting your cable... not pressing the off button, actually unplugging the cable from its powersupply and then plugging it back in. See if it does anything (it just might).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you're from holland right?
well, if you do then take quicknet and have the power connection.
you have then something about 2300kb/s and a verry good ping(that means almost nothing)
i have that and i can download a song in just 30 sec or less, or take a better one that has over 4000kb/sec and also on quicknet, it go's trouw multicabel so it's constand full speed ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
you're from holland right?
well, if you do then take quicknet and have the power connection.
you have then something about 2300kb/s and a verry good ping(that means almost nothing)
i have that and i can download a song in just 30 sec or less, or take a better one that has over 4000kb/sec and also on quicknet, it go's trouw multicabel so it's constand full speed ^_^
Nope, not from Holland. And you're probably talking about kilobits, not kilobytes. Pretty different :/.

Isralien said:
Hmm... ya know what? When you get that nasty slowdown, try resetting your cable... not pressing the off button, actually unplugging the cable from its powersupply and then plugging it back in. See if it does anything (it just might).
Tried it multiple times.

Best answers
Alright... Im just gonna list out a few possible ways that I would do before going all crazy. I may be repeating what other people said, but whatever, I dont feel like looking and trying to sort **** out. Some of the things I may list may not even be remotely related to this, but whatever, Im just gonna list what I would do.

1. Try restarting the computer.
2. Try clearing out the history, cookies, etc.
3. If connected through a router, then its probably just other people using up the connection.
4. If connected through a wireless connection, make sure youre double safe. Someone else could be using up your connection.
5. Check for spyware. You could use one of the programs out there, but hell I would just open up taskmanager and end anything I think is suspicious-looking.
6. Try resetting the cable (o_o)
7. Check to see if its just the hours thats causing the problem. Dont turn on your computer/turn off your cable modem until late afternoon and see how your connection is doing. If its the hours, well, you cant really do anything about that... unless of course you feel like blackmailing a lot of people :p
If it isnt the hours, then call them up and ask them why it may be happening. If they try to cut you off in mid sentence, just tell them to shut up and listen. It may also be helpful to say youre very aggravated by this problem before you start saying anything, because it could bring you to their attention.
8. Wait. They could be having some weird kind of problem/overload if it just started a week ago.

If nothing works just switch out of time warner.

I got time warner as well, and Im not having any problem with the internet... either im just lucky, or it could be something local. Good luck trying to figure it out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say change internets. I don't know if all high speed internets did this. But cox just gave me a free upgrade so i have seen dl speeds of up to 5 MegaBytes per second. Pretty fast. I hear earthlink is awsome as well.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, not from Holland. And you're probably talking about kilobits, not kilobytes. Pretty different :/.
nop, kilobytes.
it's verry fast here so that's wy it's so high.

nZ

Best answers
Well I sometimes have the same problem as you , i have ntl n tht can **** up real good sumtimes, but when ever i reset the cable it goes back to normal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find it hard to believe you're getting 2MB/4MB downloads.

Screenshots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom