C&C 3: Tiberium Wars

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
  • If you build multiple structures, you will be able to delegate specific building assignments to the structures. For instance, one Barracks could be building Engineers and another could be building rifle infantry.
  • Foot soldiers have a new feature in C&C 3; if they are assigned a rally point near cover, they take up a "tactical position." Soldiers take cover and get bonuses to their armor while in this state.
  • EALA says it is hoping to release a demo in January or February of next year.
  • Kane isn't in Leipzig; no word on whether he'll show or not (sorry, Euro-types who were hoping to meet him). Aaron "Apoc" Kaufman is there, of course, but Apoc isn't tall and bald and evil, so it's just not the same.
  • As in Red Alert 2, you can only build one superweapon (of each type?) - no building eighty particle cannons like in Generals or getting those five silos in Red Alert 1. Superweapons can also be disabled in multiplayer and skirmish games as you please.
  • The sidebar buttons (underneath the minimap) are 5 tabs: buildings, defense buildings, infantry, units, and planes, similar to how the sidebar worked in Red Alert 2.
  • Engineers capture enemy buildings
  • Infantry come in squads like in BFME/BFME2 - only some units like the engineer or sniper comes as singles.
  • The Carry-All is a "carry-most": all infantry but not every single tank or other unit
Source: http://www.planetcnc.com

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ahh, I hate that squad based infantry stuff...but the game looks good enough that it will work out. Besides it doesn't say if they are a single unit or if you get multiple units per build, so there's hope.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
after looking at all this, and reading it all, and seeing the pics...

id rather play Dawn of War any day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...especially with that new expansion coming out soon. Looks sexy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is going to obliterate all five units of each race in Dawn of War...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EA Predator said:
EA's Predator, who is filling in for Apoc while he's AWOL, has been active on the official C&C 3 boards, discussing various issues that have been brought up lately. Click the "Read More" link to see what he had to say (it's too long to post here on the front page). But I'll give you a quick overview:

• [*]Navy in C&C 3
    [*]Mobile Bases
    [*]Fast Gameplay
    [*]The "Tiberium Wars" Title
    [*]The 3rd Side Announcement
    [*]Advertising In-Game
Navy in C&C 3

When was it a crime for a development team to make a design decision that fits the style of game they are building? Once you get the game in hand, and see the intense action, I think you'll transpire past navy. I personally like navy in RTS games and am not disagreeing persay, but I go with whats best for the design of the game. There is a compromise to a degree, you have the Aircraft Carrier.

Mobile Bases

Mobile Bases are NOT taken out, you still have your MCV which can move anywhere on the map. You can build a base, pack up your MCV and move it somewhere else. The original mobile base design had something on a similar plane to the Terran in Starcraft, but we've scoped away from that for more than just balance reasons, I cannot discuss all the reasons in length. The MCV is plenty mobile. I think you will find some nice surprises. Not having a huge fortress to move around the map isn't the end of the world either :eek:)

Fast Gameplay

Fast fluid fun, you guys are misinterpreting as an RTS game that will be over in a few clicks. Please do not misinterpret this saying. Fast fluid and fun means when you click the button, the action happens, your units move instantly, means also, we want you to get into the action quickly and have a fluid explosive experience. This is an RTS game, so expect a high level of strategy. Don't undermine before you don't know anything about what the game will offer strategically. We have plenty of strategic options planned that we haven't discussed at all yet. Remember, the gameplay video was just a demonstration, not the final end result. We'll be tuning balance and speed until the last second thru thousands of hours of playtesting as APOC always liked to say.

The "Tiberium Wars" Title

I know a lot on this subject that I cannot discuss, but the name makes every bit of sense for the game. It's a new decade of C&C as well, change is good, not drastic change, but evolutional change.

The 3rd Side Announcement

It will be revealed when ready and when the time is right. I think Apoc wanted to play into the hype that the community has built more than the development team itself, unfortunately, he was kidnapped in the process and I personally don't even know what his full plan was for the end. That said, the speculation should continue, but I would keep the hype at a moderate level for the time being.

Advertising In-Game

In-game advertising is nothing new these days, its all over the place in games now. With respect to this development team, currently we don't have any intention of placing in-game ads in the Tiberium universe. No, Tiberium Coke will not be in the game, and the first person to mod one, should have to drink a can of it themselves first :eek:) If any type of advertising were to appear in our game, it would not be during the actual gameplay experience, and it would be subtle in a sense that it wouldn't affect your play experience at all, thats the last thing we want to do. You won't be seeing TV ads after the EA logo, hehe. Do not worry, we're not about to put Sprite and Coke cans littered around the world of a Tiberium infected Earth, no thank you sir.
Source: http://www.planetcnc.com

Best answers
I remember the old days... when playing tiberian sun... the rising titans and the rattling wolverines.. the walking mammoth MK II shooting banshee's out of the air.. i can only get myself to buy this when the old units are kept into this new game.. also.. it would be really hard to mess up a development of such a game.. with so many good predecessors.. EA will look at the old Tiberian Sun without any doubt.. in order to make this new one a succes.
I dont like people flaming on Generals.. it was a great game.. not like the others but still adictive..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Normally we'd prefer it if you made a new thread, MC, but I'm not going to close this one since it is so relevant an update.

I have some news myself: This game is going to also be released on Xbox360 and will have support for a third party device that allows--you guessed it--a keyboard and mouse!!!

Also a lot of reasonably upscale television actors are going to be part of the cutscenes, including Battlestar Galactica's Tricia Helfer (aka "Caprica Six" on BSG) and Grace Park (aka "Sharon Valerii" on BSG).

God dammit why does the Xbox have to rule so much!?!?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
ace move by microsoft to support the board and mouse, now people with a 360 won't have to gut out a pc upgradeto enjoy this game to the fullest.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Normally we'd prefer it if you made a new thread, MC, but I'm not going to close this one since it is so relevant an update.
I apologize for that. I thought it would've been better to just revive this thread, so that those who have no idea what Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars was could read through this thread and be up to speed about it. I will ask a moderator/administrator next time before I revive a dead thread with new information. Once again, I apologize.

As for the Xbox 360 version of Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars:

• The 360 version will support the 360 Vision Camera for pre-game "webcam" antics and a post-match webcam-based taunting by the match winner
  • The 360 version (only?) will include "King of the Hill" and "Capture & Hold" games from BFMEII360 while adding CTF, Siege (enforced no-rush time), and Conquer Mode (pick armies beforehand) variations. It didn't seem as if those modes would be coming to PC, which is a shame especially because I know a lot of you would love the idea of the game enforcing a no-rush timer...
  • C&C3 will have 360 Achievements, including some "negative achievements" that give no points but could be cool to have; the example Mike gave was "Mister-Know-It-All", an achievement given out to players who skip the tutorials
  • C&C360's single-player campaign is identical to the PC one, including FMVs
  • C&C3 themes & gamerpics packages will be coming to the 360 Marketplace in the next couple of months
Source: http://www.planethalflife.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom