C&C 3: Tiberium Wars

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks great, Red Alert was my favourite, Generals was also very great, but I miss the insta build and the sidebar, I even remember Yuri's Revenge. Well I don't really think I've actually played a C & C properly, but I'm sure hells gonna buy this one, I'm definetly the type for these games.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge_7Y0OVxZk&mode=related&search=

Second Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXGhY_zvR1s
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9153877291531219125&hl=en
http://static.crunge.org/cnc3/spike.mpg

Some notes:

• SpikeTV cut out the 1st half of the trailer for some reason, so make sure you see the full cut online and when it goes live everywhere this week, including our official site (go there for the best resolution :eek:). The 1st half of the trailer is a cool GDI intro with graphics and flash and really sets the tone for the 2nd half...the gameplay footage. I don't know why they cut out the 1st half, maybe because of TV time.
  • The trailer is meant to be out 1st gameplay trailer, and we purposely did not showcase Nod because we are debuting Nod at the Leipzig Games Convention. The gameplay footage was mainly taken from an updated version of what we showed at E3, really just meant to set the tone, some of the effects, and give you a sneak peek into what you can expect visually and impacting.
  • Make sure to hit up our official site Monday to see the trailer in full HD res, and yes it will be online starting tomorrow on MTV and GameTrailers.com, so check those guys out.
Source: http://www.planetcnc.com

Best answers
I remember a C&C game that was like a thirdperson or firstperson and you could be different classes, and you could get vehicles and boats and stuff, kinda like bf2 or untreal tournament. I forget the name of it, was it was really great.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jehuty187 said:
I remember a C&C game that was like a thirdperson or firstperson and you could be different classes, and you could get vehicles and boats and stuff, kinda like bf2 or untreal tournament. I forget the name of it, was it was really great.
Command & Conquer: Renegade - That game was awesome but unfortunately it didn't do very well (which led to Renegade 2's cancellation).

SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Told you the pics shown were ingame...
I think someone mentioned in the trailer discussion thread over at PlanetCNC that you can see the cursor if you look carefully.

I can't wait to see NOD, hopefully they brought back Joseph Kucan to reprise his role of Kane.

Retired
Best answers
I really wonder what the minimum sys. req's are..

the game looks good, could really become a hit.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I really don't get why everyone hates Generals so much...

Personally I'm hoping this one has more in common with Generals than the others, gameplay/strategy wise.
Agreed, I myself loved Zero Hour/Generals, especially when playing it at LAN Parties. Iv'e practically liked playing all C&C titles, except for maybe Renegade. I can only hope C&C 3 turns out to be a good and balanced RTS and while EA is trying to revisit the older games with the gameplay/tactics hopefully not ruin the game at the same time. If anything, they should bring back Yuri, I always wanted to see Yuri make a return in a C&C title after Yuri's Revenge :(.
PROTECT YOUR SILOS!!!

Remember, C&C 3 will be using an upgraded version of the SAGE engine, which was the engine used for Zero Hour/Generals and Battle for middle earth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Here's the full trailer in high quality: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=12509

The only thing that's bugging me is that the environment in Tiberian Sun appeared to be dark (probably due to the ion storm clouds blocking the sun) though as you can clearly see in the trailer, it's really bright/sunny.
bright and shiny = next genish

maybe they hate generals because they have bad computers that dont allow them to play it.

i have a bad computer, but i sort of like generals.... even though it runs 3x slower than it should.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those pics and that cool trailer need just one thing to be perfect: the Hell March - quite possibly the coolest song to ever grace video gaming.

Best answers
I absolutely loved the original of TS,....But the AI was way too hard =[[ (well I was like 8 =/)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
;o Looks hot. Probably won't be able to run it for **** though. Plus I'm more of a space-strategy type-of-guy. But, hot, nonetheless. ;]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
bright and shiny = next genish

maybe they hate generals because they have bad computers that dont allow them to play it.

i have a bad computer, but i sort of like generals.... even though it runs 3x slower than it should.

You'd think it would be darker... Since the original proposed name was "Tiberium Twilight."

Hell, the first one was reconned with the title "Tiberium Dawn."

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arthos said:
You'd think it would be darker... Since the original proposed name was "Tiberium Twilight."

Hell, the first one was reconned with the title "Tiberium Dawn."
Things I would like to see:

• Dark environments.
  • An upgraded version of the Mammoth Mk. II.
  • Return of the original Tiberium creatures as well as new ones.
  • Return of the mutants.
  • CABAL.
  • Having the ion storms create an orange-ish tint across the map like in Tiberian Sun.
  • FMV cutscenes.
  • KANE!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Things I would like to see:

• Dark environments.
  • An upgraded version of the Mammoth Mk. II.
  • Return of the original Tiberium creatures as well as new ones.
  • Return of the mutants.
  • CABAL.
  • Having the ion storms create an orange-ish tint across the map like in Tiberian Sun.
  • FMV cutscenes.
  • KANE!!!
You will see Kane.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Welcome back, Commander."

RHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Awesome! o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom