Buying Half Life

Best answers
As far as I know Steam doesn't have an option to buy Half Life by itself, so is there another way to buy the game without having to go to the store and pay $20 or buy the $50 silver package on steam to get a bunch of stuff I don't need along with Half Life?

I mean, if I just buy the CD key, Steam will let me download the game off them anyway, so is there a way to buy just the CD key without having to have all the other stuff that I'm not going to bother using?

Best answers
In Steam under brose games check under individual games, and half life should be there, atleast it is for me

Best answers
)V(aLiCe said:
In Steam under brose games check under individual games, and half life should be there, atleast it is for me
Yes, it's there. However if you click to purchase it, it directs you to the Gold and Slver packages. Both of which give me a bunch of games I do not want.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only way is to look for another retailer - check the high street, as i've seen some copies of just halflife there.

Best answers
if you have like cs or something you can just type in cd key then install half-life it works like that too

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL and CS Source will not work as the base for ESF, you will need to buy the original Half Life for the current version of ESF. This is only available if you buy Valve's entire back catalouge on the gold package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom