Buy the new Tool record.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On May 2nd, you have a duty to your ears, and that duty is to buy the new record, '10,000 Day' by Tool. No doubt it will be exhilerating.

A little article from Adam Jones in Guitar World:

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...OU2BT0TK5AOZ0BL

Also, the album is going to be very good. How? I have no idea.

on amazon.com, it is already in the top 5 in the top 5 music sellers. Eat that, James Blunt.

P.S.

Buy the new Pearl Jam record that day, too!

Best answers
Well.. Depends, last song I loved of Tool was Sober.. I found the rest dull and inspireless.. I might give this a chance in the recordstore (we can listen to previews of all the albums there).. Might get it if it's actually good..

Best answers
or....we could not waste our money...tool isnt that great.they have like...2 good songs..(sober,46 and 2)....the rest are...how can we say....bad?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pfft noob. I met tool and got a copy of their cd before it came out.

I have 10,000 fists does that count?

And I don't know how you can't like Schism but okay.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Pfft noob. I met tool and got a copy of their cd before it came out.

I have 10,000 fists does that count?

And I don't know how you can't like Schism but okay.
Uh, that's Disturbed's album...

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can respect that you don't enjoy Tools music, but to say they are not inspired and are bad is just wrong. The amount of effort and talent each member has, is impeccable.

At least they aren't pretentious prog.rock freaks like Dream Theater. The detail they put into each song makes everytime you listen to it a new experience; for instance, they used the fibonacci sequence for musical progression in Lateralus.

The album is going to be big, I've read one review and a few minor reviews of it and every one has said the same things - ****ing epic and brillaint.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally enjoy Tool, and found their live act to be beyond comparison. They almost stole the show from Ozzy at that Ozzfest. I'll probably check into this one, even though I avoided their last one for attempting to ram political propiganda down my throat.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can someone tell me why it's offensive to be called a Tool if this band is so good?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't someone from that band from another band called A Perfect Circle?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know Maynard is in A Perfect Circle, and I believe one other, but I can't remember who.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this new Tool sound is what I believe it will be... I hope it isn't NINish.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
Uh, that's Disturbed's album...
OH RLY?!

Yes, thank you- I kinda knew that already. I was making a refrence to the very similar names of the albums.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I personally enjoy Tool, and found their live act to be beyond comparison. They almost stole the show from Ozzy at that Ozzfest. I'll probably check into this one, even though I avoided their last one for attempting to ram political propiganda down my throat.
I think you are thinking of eMOTVIE by A Perfect Circle (Maynard from Tool). For the record, and in defense of that album; they only made it so they could rush it out on election day, and Maynard only was a part of two songs. Passive and Imagine.

Tools members aren't in other side projects so much as helpful musicians. Justin Chancelour (the bassists) just does nothing and is a hippy. Adam Jones was on the last Melvins album for a few tracks and Danny Carey, the drummer, did some work with Skinny Puppy on their last album.

The album won't be nin like, I don't think. They album, described by Adam Jones, is meant to be classical in that it'll start somewhere and lead the listeners somewhere else. Suppose to have influences from Meshuggah, Fantomas, and King Crimson. Should be epic.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
OH RLY?!

Yes, thank you- I kinda knew that already. I was making a refrence to the very similar names of the albums.
You killed it and you're not really funny. Hahaha not.

Well anyways I suppose i'll get this album when it gets cheaper or get it off some other source.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
You killed it and you're not really funny. Hahaha not.

Well anyways I suppose i'll get this album when it gets cheaper or get it off some other source.
It's only gonna be like 12 bucks on release. Most major dealers of cds and music will have a sale.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, I'll be buying this. Thats a testament to how awesome Tool is. I'm shocked that many of you only liked 2 or 3 of their songs o_O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom