burnning attack

Best answers
i agree that its abit weak, maybe trunks's sword that they are putting in the next version will be a good attack and you can use the weak blinding beam then go chop the enemy into pieces ;)

i never actually used trunks, as i never knew that the beam when it hit, blinded the target.. i gotta try that one out sometime.. but overall it isnt a terrible attack its doing what its meant to do.. unless making the enemy blind for a shorter time is done, keep the beam nice and weak :tired:

Best answers
The beam never kills anyone and cant even blow open a freaking door. You still ask for it to be weak. Ok may i also mention that funimation's budoki is a fighting game (like streetfighter or tekin) not a tactical fighting game? If you dont like trunks dont play him.

Best answers
Trunks' burning attack has a good strategic value(ooo big words) anyway the crappy thing is that when you charge up you cant move it would make a it a pretty balanced attack if you could move when you charge up and maybe the charging up could be alittle faster.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It shoots insanely fast, it moves insanely fast, it has a fun little charge-up motion, it blinds ur opponent. It's basically a support attack for melee, yes. You're not supposed to kill people with it (although back in alpha I'd sometimes stop fully charged spirit bombs with my burning attack :D ) Budokai shouldnt be used as a reference for attacks :p Referring to the show, it never even HITS anybody, let alone injure or kill. Against freeza, he fires it, and its a glowing yellowish ball and moves fairly quickly. Freeza basically jumps to dodge it, and it makes a decent explosion, but not that big. So while freeza stares at the dust trunks jumps in and slices him in half.

The other time is in the History of trunks movie, he gets punched into a house, and he fires it while being upside down. Here its a small blue ball of energy that 18 dodges very easily. Then he moves in to punch her, but it's blocked.

It's basically been a distraction move. I don't see how in the show he needs to use those crazy hand motions, when he could just fire a ki blast for the same affect...

Best answers
I was the one of his friends with 40 mil and i agree with him. It should be alot stronger or make other attacks weaker because i have not once been killed by a burning attack....I mean come on it has to at least be able to kill people....thats the point of the game. Maybe I'm over reacting (and knowing that it blinds people really helps) but i really think they should make it stronger, and also a sword attack would be GREAT. Anyway great work on the mod i love it!

Best answers
When I use trunks I always focus on Melee. Yes its true that Burning Attack is one for the melee fighters but it would be more balanced if you could move like goku doing kamehameha..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its cooler when he does the motions without moving :D

I kill people with burning attack all the time. Not on purpose... more like I'm trying to blind them, and they just die. The attack isn't meant to kill, or for PS. It does a *decent* amount of damage, its craptacular damage compared to other beams, but it's damage. The last thing they're gonna put in is an attack with a massive explosion that blinds everything in it's radius. That's kind of lame. It's useful enough as it is... some people even complain about :p

Best answers
Im guessing that Gohan invented the burning attack and/or finishing buster, because Gohan was his master and I dont really see how future trunks would have invented a move of his own, especially if you put it in the story line of the Future Trunks Special

Best answers
Btw...

Trunks not being able to move when shooting it kind of makes sense because it can blind, but Gohan cant move when shooting power beam and I think it probably does less damage and lower radius than Kamehameha, whats up with that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he probly shud be able to move while doing masenko/powerbeam.... but feh, it would look funny. It's a terrible attack though. It really needs something.

Best answers
It should be much higher damage than Kamehameha, but lower radius
Or just allow you to pump more ki into it

Best answers
Yeah like the other guy said
in Budokai burning attack is a massive move.
Doing tons of damage and its not a beam (like in the show/Manga)

And gohans masenko should be stronger.
i mean he killed ALL the spice boys each with one masenko.

Best answers
spice boys are friggin weak =/

but if the damage is upped on the burning attack then the blinding effect should last shorter

Originally posted by Sk8d0g
now dont giv me crap about budokai not being the show and esf is supposed to be like the show...funimation IS the muthas who made the show and made the game, dont think they would change crap in a game thats totally 100% about the show.
damn your dumb, all funimation did was dub the japanse db and dbz eps, and hold the rights for dbz in north america, THEY DONT MAKE THE ACTUAL SHOW.. :S

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Styreta
spice boys are friggin weak =/

but if the damage is upped on the burning attack then the blinding effect should last shorter
well in my eyes is the blinding effect already too short !!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really, stop referring to budokai, it means nothing. The real burning attack never did anything so grand as destroying an entire arena in the show. It created a mild explosion once. That's it.

Best answers
the only time i've seen his "burning attack" was in dbz against
freeza. And he used it as a distraction. Too bad it's not realy
good in power struggles.

Best answers
heh "funimation made dbz/gt" :D

tho its weak and never did **** in the show and manga, he should be a lil more balanced character.... making it more powerful and/or lengthening the blinding effect would do that... when v2 comes out, then this discussion will end (unless they make his sword outta plastic :|) :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Increased blinding affect wud be nice, but I have no complaints. Just give me my sword O_O (I bet it will even things. A lot.)

In esf_city, there lived a man named _Hitokiri_
Like a demon, he slashed men, and with his bloody sword opened the gates to the Meija Er... uh, next map. :S

Best answers
ok foolz, i finally made this burning attack video. i need a place to put it so ppl can download it. anyone know of such a place??

**edit**ah screw it, i put it on my boomspeed account. if anyone has a better place, tell me bout it please. look for a thread entitled 'a real burning attack' in the esf beta 1 forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom