Burning CD's Question

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In our car, the CD player displays the title of the song playing! However, it only does it on some CD's. Does anyone know how I can format my cd's when I burn them to display the name of the song?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I am not too certain at this (just started to burn CD's lately with my new comp), but Im gonna have to say that it all depends on the program used for burning. If not that, then maybe it just has to do with the file name of the song.....

Sorry, thats all I can offer for now...

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think you can.

Best answers
Ya, im gonna say it has something to do with a filename so no you can't go nameing the songs.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only mp3 cd's show the song name, and to get the name there: right click on the mp3 > properties, and u can change stuff from there

Best answers
heh, no, you can do it, it's called CD-TEXT

if you use a good burning program, such as nero, you can create an audio cd with cd text, you should be able to grab some info on it in the nero help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don´t know if it´s true, but i think your cd-burner and your burning program have to support that feature

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Firefly
don´t know if it´s true, but i think your cd-burner and your burning program have to support that feature
yeah im pretty it does i used to know a while ago when i was researching SafeDisc2 and other crap like that

but errrm dunno maybe ya might be able to use CDDB some how...... MAYBE i doubt it tho, but some programs might be able to use the title's that you either create or get from CDDB and create its own CD text thingo spose its like anything just gotta find it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah its the burning program that does that so if the one ur using doesnt do it try a different one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok
now i´m sure, your cd-burner and the program have to support it
if i start nero and go to "choose recorder"(Strg-R), nero tells me that my burner doesn´t support cd-text

Best answers
I use nero and wierd cause I put in the names of the songs on each number and it showed up on cd player fine.

Best answers
yes, your burner DOES have to support writing with CD-TEXT for it to work

but most do

hell my old 6x4x24x supports it, but thats just cuz it was top of the range, way back then :p

but every burner that is a year old, does have it
older than a year, it depends, some did, some didnt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom