Burn You Mofo!!! BURN!

T0t

Best answers
Ok so I have some videos I would like to burn onto a dvd+r so I can view them on my ps2. The problem is the video is in avi format, and my burning program(Nero version6) doesn't accept that format. Another member said that I could burn my video in data format instead of video format but I'm not sure wether that will work or not. If not then is there any other way to burn my avi format video onto a dvd+r?

Best answers
u need to convert it to dvd, just get a program called winavi (search google) its very good, easy to use and convert avi to dvd very nicely, u can choose how many discs you wanna fit the movie on and stuff its so nice give it a try, it has a free version but im sure the full version doesnt cost much ;)

T0t

Best answers
So WinAvi will become the new burning program? Can you make menus in it?

Best answers
one thing i have a dvd rw and when i put it in nothin happons i think it means i dont have a dvd burner right?

T0t

Best answers
Yeah, well wait what do you want to do with the dvd-rw? You need a dvd burner to burn a dvd. BUT if somethings already written on it like a movie or some data and your computer isnt reading it then that just means you need a dvd reader. If you really want to burn a movie and play it in your DVD and you dont have a dvd burner you can also burn a vcd. The quality isnt all that great and you also need a dvd that can support vcds if you decide to burn a vcd.

Hope that helps....Anyway back to my problem...lol

Best answers
not sure if it adds menus or not but you could use it to convert the video to dvd i believe and just use that and burn it with nero and add menus in nero

T0t

Best answers
I've tried adding menus in Nero but for some reason it only gives the building menus option for vcds

T0t

Best answers
Ok sorry for double posting but I tried that conversion program,WinAvi and it worked. Only one problem though, how do you remove that Winavi video converter logo that appears in the middle of the screen?

Next time just use the
button - Prozac

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
T0t said:
Ok sorry for double posting but I tried that conversion program,WinAvi and it worked. Only one problem though, how do you remove that Winavi video converter logo that appears in the middle of the screen?
WinAvi website said:
Free trial limited:
1. It will show a registration window at the startup of WinAVI Video Converter.
2. A watermark will be shown in the media files you converted.
so you'll need to buy the full version inorder to remove the watermark

T0t

Best answers
Sorry bout that Prozac..I guess I wanted to bump the topic as well. UGHH! Damn it I finally got it to convert to dvd format using a program called Winavi. I coulnt burn it in Winavi so I burnt it in Nero...it played on my ps2 but it skipped. Also the eps were out of order(its an anime)It has 7 eps on it and instead of going 1,2,3 etc. It went 7,1,2,3. Ok so does anybody know how I could write over this disk,get it to play on my ps2 without skipping, and actually get in in the correct order? Nero wont rewrite on it since it says its not dvd+rw its only dvd+r. Im really getting tired of this bullcrap....Can someone PLEASE help me!! God damnit Im going to rip my hair off. Lol I think I need to chill a bit on this computing crap....I am wayyyy to stressed out for a 14 yr old.
Oh by the way It played fine on my dvd player(no skipping) it was just out of order. I really want to play it on the ps2 since the dvd player is in the living room and sometimes someone in my family is watching tv or something. Since my ps2 is in MY room I can watch it whenever I feel like it.

So basically what I need is some program that can burn over the data already on the dvd+r . I cant delete the data since its not a dvd+rw.

Best answers
just a tip, dont double post to bump your topic, mods will get ya lol and its against the rules just giving you a heads up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
T0t said:
*bumb**bumb*
seeing as uve been told not to do this u get a warning

do NOT dubble post to bump ur topic or ill have ur head on a spike

Goten-son said:
just a tip, dont double post to bump your topic, mods will get ya lol and its against the rules just giving you a heads up
and the mods are quite capable of doing this u dont need to play moderator

Best answers
Hibiki said:
seeing as uve been told not to do this u get a warning

do NOT dubble post to bump ur topic or ill have ur head on a spike
lol GO HIBIKI

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goten-son said:
lol GO HIBIKI
and now ur spamming this topic with off topicness :no:

so join the before mentioned warned with a warning of ur very own

now i dont think its impossible to ask that we stay ontopic and not spam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Geez hibiki get a life, he was giving him a tip to keep him from getting banned, does that hurt anyone? Ur way too uptight....

And i dont think you can burn any video onto a disc and expect it to play on your ps2, its really picky on what it plays. I would search around google and stuff, you might come up with something, but i have tried it and it only plays on my dvd player, not my ps2 for some reason.

Best answers
Raiko said:
Geez hibiki get a life, he was giving him a tip to keep him from getting banned, does that hurt anyone? Ur way too uptight....

And i dont think you can burn any video onto a disc and expect it to play on your ps2, its really picky on what it plays. I would search around google and stuff, you might come up with something, but i have tried it and it only plays on my dvd player, not my ps2 for some reason.
No point telling Hibiki that, and really dont but into a mods duty.

Yes you can burn videos onto a DVD disc and view them on your ps2, I have a mod chip in my ps2 and im guessing thats why its working for me. I havnt tried playing a burned copy of my movie on a ps2 without my mod chip, but I used nero to burn the image and worked fine on a retail dvd disc that I bought. You might just need a codec to write on to the disc and make it work (I have no idea) or the video it self cant be writen onto it.

T0t

Best answers
Sorry you guys....I got really desperate for help. Sorr for getting you in trouble Goten-son, didn't mean to. Oh and it did play on my ps2, it just skipped every 2 seconds. Another guy suggested burning at at a slower rate. But whats really important is figuring out how to burn over the dvd+r since I cant delete the info on it directly since its not a dvd+rw.

Best answers
Im pretty sure you cant burn over a DVD-R, just like you cant burn over CD-R. Thats why its R, and not RW. I could be wrong and there may be a way, but there probably isnt. Also, yeah, PS2 is kinda stupid when it comes to DVD... I say get a DVD player. Just get a cheap one... itll be better.

T0t

Best answers
I do have a dvd player....its just in my living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom