Bullying

Best answers
if people stopped talking about it, there wouldn't need to be anyone complaining of "off topic-ness". even though, it's not all that off topic.

anyway, i'll be the first to admit i'm way out of shape.

however, i'll also tell you i can kick your ass any given sunday.
Are you trying to bully me?

Hooray for you and your overconfidence, have fun being arrogant, I'm done.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Axman said:
however, i'll also tell you i can kick your ass any given sunday.

I kid, I kid o.0.

@Chakra: Pretty much everyone who has posted has said they have some kind of crazy training and/or inherent ability to kick anyone's ass. It's easy to say "I r teh tough" on the internet, but I'm sure if push came to push, a lot of people would be going down. Down to China town. Axman, not so much, since his fighting ability is well documented and I have no reason to believe he's made up any of it. But when people say "I know when I get angry, I'll just tear those mother****ers up! Grr!!", they have little to no experience when it comes to street fighting. It took me 12 years to learn the hadoken, guys.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Chakra: Pretty much everyone who has posted has said they have some kind of crazy training and/or inherent ability to kick anyone's ass. It's easy to say "I r teh tough" on the internet, but I'm sure if push came to push, a lot of people would be going down. Down to China town. Axman, not so much, since his fighting ability is well documented and I have no reason to believe he's made up any of it. But when people say "I know when I get angry, I'll just tear those mother****ers up! Grr!!", they have little to no experience when it comes to street fighting. It took me 12 years to learn the hadoken, guys.
Now that I look back yeah I've seen some people telling some stories...Don't know if they are true, false, or embellished, but I took, like, a year of Tiger Shaluman's Karate when I was 11, but I highly doubt the majority of the things I did are going to help me in a fight.

**** I've never actually been in a real fight because the people who do get in a fight in my highschool, are usually fighting over the most retarded things, so I try to live above that.

Now if there comes a time I need to defend myself? I have no idea what would happen.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you mess with me, you mess with my homeboy,

Anyways, I never get bullied, ever. Since I'm Asian, I can use the "Virgina Tech" as my threat to people who mess with me. They do get scared, for a minute.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey i took a beating there, but i tell you what, next time steve is here, i'll record a video of us talking about what actually happened. if you really want a point proven that is.

Best answers
I kicked my bully's ass 1 year ago. Then now, a half month ago, he kicked mine :p , coz i had my leg sprained, now i kicked his butt again. I PWNED him :D

I'm doing the taekwando and WuShu training. Now, all i'm doing is helping my friends from being bullied.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but that doesn't mean that someone who is trained to fight, has no advantage over a street thug. they both have their own experience to fall back on, but after being in a fight with a few people who claimed to be "hard" or "tough". i feel like i can say that i don't feel threatened by them because of my training.

while they will be in a rage, wanting to beat me in every way possible. i can keep a clear head in most situations, and can pay closer attention to incoming attacks.

while yes, it's possible for someone to catch me off guard by using an attack i wasn't used to, my training has given me the ability to react to it quicker, either blocking entirely, parrying, or cushioning the blow for minimal impact. that isn't to say, however, that they would never get a clean hit.
the difference here though, is that due to their lack of physical training, and conditioning, they would react much much slower in a defensive motion, because all they are thinking about, is how to attack.

as far as weapons go... i've used a few, i don't like to. and when people have threatened me with weapons, i lose my cool. i broke a girls wrist for threatening me with a knife. i've broken someones collar bone, because they hit me across the back with a pool cue... i'm not proud of it, at all. but if i hadn't have done it, i don't know how things would have turned out.

i've always tried to resolve situations with words first. but sometimes people won't bend. and when that happens, i am very, VERY confident in my ability to defend myself, regardless of the circumstances. and that, is thanks not only to years of aikido (which although they do train with specific patterns, they also encourage "freeform" practice) which is a completely defensive art. but also to military training, and conditioning.

as i've said earlier, knowing full well that this is an e-forum, and won't be taken seriously by many.

if you want to prove me wrong, get in touch.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but that doesn't mean that someone who is trained to fight, has no advantage over a street thug. they both have their own experience to fall back on, but after being in a fight with a few people who claimed to be "hard" or "tough". i feel like i can say that i don't feel threatened by them because of my training.

while they will be in a rage, wanting to beat me in every way possible. i can keep a clear head in most situations, and can pay closer attention to incoming attacks.

while yes, it's possible for someone to catch me off guard by using an attack i wasn't used to, my training has given me the ability to react to it quicker, either blocking entirely, parrying, or cushioning the blow for minimal impact. that isn't to say, however, that they would never get a clean hit.
the difference here though, is that due to their lack of physical training, and conditioning, they would react much much slower in a defensive motion, because all they are thinking about, is how to attack.

as far as weapons go... i've used a few, i don't like to. and when people have threatened me with weapons, i lose my cool. i broke a girls wrist for threatening me with a knife. i've broken someones collar bone, because they hit me across the back with a pool cue... i'm not proud of it, at all. but if i hadn't have done it, i don't know how things would have turned out.

i've always tried to resolve situations with words first. but sometimes people won't bend. and when that happens, i am very, VERY confident in my ability to defend myself, regardless of the circumstances. and that, is thanks not only to years of aikido (which although they do train with specific patterns, they also encourage "freeform" practice) which is a completely defensive art. but also to military training, and conditioning.

as i've said earlier, knowing full well that this is an e-forum, and won't be taken seriously by many.

if you want to prove me wrong, get in touch.
That's true. Someone trained in something does have some sort of advantage over someone who otherwise lacks it, but like what Xerimethius said, someone who's been in plenty of fights though with no previous training could probably beat a well-trained Martial Artist.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it depends on the art, and the kind of training involved.

while i agree that set kata regimen are bad for people who are planning to use it in self defence. i firmly believe that people who spar PROPERLY, will never need to worry in a real fight.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the subject of bullies and being bullied:

One of my best friends (well, not so much anymore) would be considered a bully.

Me and my friend first met through our Taekwondo class, we became quick friends. He was pretty good in sparring, though now that I look back at it, he was the equivalent of a slugger/brawler in Boxing. He resorted to aggressiveness and attacks with little-to-no attention to technique, though with enough attention to power. My friend eventually quit the class for whatever reason, so I was able to get pretty far in my training. After a few years I stopped going to classes and eventually quit due to the fees for classes.

Now, about three years later after I quit, I was just entering into my freshmen year in high school when I ran into my friend after having not seen him since Taekwondo. I would go to his house pretty frequently to hang out and this went on for a while. One day my friend, for whatever reason, wanted to wrestle me. I declined the offer, but my friend got me into a clinch anyway. Unfortunately, regardless of how much longer I stayed in Taekwondo classes, I was unable to get the upper hand.

There were a number of other times where my friend wrestled me into submission. One time instead of wrestling, he wanted to box. I figured that this would be in my favor, unfortunately I was wrong. My friend connected a few cheap shots, and he eventually jumped on my back and started rabbit punching (punching to the back of the head) me. I started to avoid going to his house after this, since it always seems to lead to me being forced into either wrestling or boxing.

My friend probably didn't have any intention to hurt me, but he came close too many times. Unfortunately, I was never able to get the upper hand on him in any little bout, regardless of my training. Once I got into a bout with him, all my training flew out the window, everything I learned was useless against someone like him. Why? Because he did things I never was never taught to defend against, such as an opponent who is aggressive, or one that imitates everything he sees in the WWE.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O that's Harsh
Sure, but it helped me recognize that I'm not invincible (being a teenager and all at the time).

it depends on the art, and the kind of training involved.

while i agree that set kata regimen are bad for people who are planning to use it in self defence. i firmly believe that people who spar PROPERLY, will never need to worry in a real fight.
Most schools from what I know don't teach proper sparing for actual self defense, though the only schools I know of are nothing more than McDojo's. I guess the whole self defense aspect of Martial Arts faded with time since most schools are nothing more than businesses try to make a profit. They don't care what they teach as long as they get money.

The only school I heard of which focuses on self defense is one my friend goes to, which is an internal arts school.

Best answers
Just Imitate what you see from anyone and everyone, you will learn quite alot for Free =:)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just Imitate what you see from anyone and everyone, you will learn quite alot for Free =:)
It's one thing to imitate what someone does but it's another to be able to imitate it properly. I used to practice Bruce Lee's one-inch punch, but that technique is not something can be easily learned by just watching. You have to know how it works plus the proper mechanic position of your body. Another technique I tried learning was Floyd Patterson's Gazelle Punch/Leaping Left Hook. That technique is very hard to pull off since it requires a lot of momentum, a well-developed hook, and spring in your legs.

You're better off being taught by someone who knows what they're doing rather than just copying it off of what you saw on YouTube or something.

Best answers
Hehe I saw a punch like that today at school.....But i didn't like who did it.....but anway it was VERY Loud......The guy that got Hit was Rocked........He Went all around the Galaxy And Back......

Best answers
Everytime you beat your Bully, You always have to cherish that moment :)

Best answers
I used to get bullied when i was younger constantly because of my weight issues. I only had weight issuse cause of the meds i took. But the story is in 4th grade a kid on my bus was picking on me cause we were assigned seets but i was assigend to his seat. After 3 months of being bullied i had it. I Challenged him to a fight (im kinda scrawny..just wanted to show what i was made of) in the field at 3:30. Went home lifted some weights so my arms felt like paper and could swing really fast. Went to the field and whipped his ass. Went to his friends house crying after one swift blow to the cheek. My advice....take bullying for a while.....but have brains more than brawns......or be a pussy and tell a teacher like ive done for the past few years....but ya i whipped him. Let bullying be stopped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom