Budokai Related Idea.

Best answers
Something rather silly to suggest but...
It goes against beam spamming...
It goes for melee...
If you hate melee (and lets face it - most people on ESF base fights around melee - even I do - but there are some nice beam - ball moves out there I have seen ... but still prodomently melee) then you wont like this idea.

When you hit someone - Relateing to how much damage you do - with a melee hit advanced or not. You Gain Ki. (Melee only)

Now I know this isn't ALWAYS useful - but a little boost (Testing requred to find the right amount) would be nice - it would allow more strategy and just be useful - the more skilled you are at landing hits the better Ki boost you would get.

C&C people?

Best answers
Hmmmm well what does budokai 3 have esf dosent?

1 on 1 fights... Close combat.... BIG!!!! Ki bank.... That means no full ki in 3 sec charge....

So IF the teem makes ki bank biger this idea would be perfect.... BUt if not... I dont know....

Best answers
I think this might be a good idea. I hate having to powerup every 20 seconds. It interrupts the flow of the fighting. Even if it is just a small boost, it would still be pretty good.

Nice idea Druu.

Best answers
Jimesu_Evil said:
Nice idea Druu.
Thats like... the first time anyones ever said that o-o.

but yeah thats why they implemented it in Budokai - you have the big powerup session at the start and dureing the fight that way there is no need to repeatedly charge ki (Unless your a beam spammer - in witch case you'll be held back - and we'd all hate that >_> )

Any more comments?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction the KI stays the same you gain PL

So i dont see how it could be made better

If you fight someone stronger than you you get PL faster in hes weaker you get it sloer

You only get KI when you transform

Best answers
No he doesn't mean gain MAX Ki, he means you recharge your Ki supply a little bit with every hit.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jimesu_Evil said:
No he doesn't mean gain MAX Ki, he means you recharge your Ki supply a little bit with every hit.
Oh sorry bout that guess i missread >.<

In that case I like it :p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
takes away the element of ki conservation though, which is a useful tactic, if u keep track of how often your opponent charges, etc you know when to and wen not to go on the attack.. i never spend long charging ki, i charge ki everywhere and anywhere i can. I very very rarely run out, and if i do thats due to my own stupidity. I dont see the point in giving somebody ki after every hit... just really dont understand how it'd happen or why either. Just means the guy that gets hit is at even more of a disadvantage, its already bad enough not being able to move as u get hit twice, and then have a ki blob/generic beam hit you, and your saying when they hit you, u supply them with ki? so they'll nearly always be able to double hit..... sorry i really dont like this idea i like how you have to watch your ki at the moment, makes it harder, and is much more usefull, and more realistic, as in a fight you choose to get ki by charging after you hit someone or persue another option (at the expense of ki).

imo this'd help out newbs against the average player, but for pro's they would be able to dominate with less effort, as the only thing i ever worry about when beating down newbs is running out of ki, this makes every hit replenish your supply, even if its just a bit, it just means 1 less second of charging you need to do. I prefer the current system.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, i think you could balance it, stay with me this might sound confusing.

I like the idea of landing attacks and gaining ki, but yea it could lead to super spamming, the point of ki drain from swoop and all that crap is designed to give your opponent a chance to get up and recover.

Ugh, how the hell do i explain this.

Ok, lets say you start with 5/10 ammount of ki (half, but i need to break this down) when you begin melee. Lets say you need 7/10 bars to launch a gallit gun at an opponent. You swoop and begin melee, your now down to 3/10. As you land hits your ki goes up to 8/10* The bonus ki lasts a few seconds, long enough for you to launch a descent energy attack, but if you swoop, your ki bonus is removed and your back down to 3/10 from when you finished with the melee.

Ok, back up a bit, i have my 8/10 bonus ki, and i use a beam which takes only 2/10 (i had 8 so technicly this would leave me at 6/10 but for balance effect, it drops back down to the original melee alloted ki amount which was 3/10, you had your bonus and you used it)

---
Christ thats a confusing post... if i do say so my self, did anyone get what i was getting at?

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
Hmm, i think you could balance it, stay with me this might sound confusing.

I like the idea of landing attacks and gaining ki, but yea it could lead to super spamming, the point of ki drain from swoop and all that crap is designed to give your opponent a chance to get up and recover.

Ugh, how the hell do i explain this.

Ok, lets say you start with 5/10 ammount of ki (half, but i need to break this down) when you begin melee. Lets say you need 7/10 bars to launch a gallit gun at an opponent. You swoop and begin melee, your now down to 3/10. As you land hits your ki goes up to 8/10* The bonus ki lasts a few seconds, long enough for you to launch a descent energy attack, but if you swoop, your ki bonus is removed and your back down to 3/10 from when you finished with the melee.

Ok, back up a bit, i have my 8/10 bonus ki, and i use a beam which takes only 2/10 (i had 8 so technicly this would leave me at 6/10 but for balance effect, it drops back down to the original melee alloted ki amount which was 3/10, you had your bonus and you used it)

---
Christ thats a confusing post... if i do say so my self, did anyone get what i was getting at?
I see what your getting at however the Ki boost is NOT ment to be that big if you did the tele punch combo the ki you gain back would be LESS than the cost of the teliport
The point of this is that when 2 people are in a out and out melee clash - and you've probably seen them.
That they don't have to stop and drop out the air and charge ki.
A row of advanced melee combo's would give you enough ki for a swoop and a half maby...
other than that i'd just be a SMALL boost.

Best answers
nah that idea isnt good gaining ki from beams gives more variety to the game

Best answers
After playing Mechmod i thought the same thing MajinDruu.
But after reading Davidskiwan's post i see how it would only help those who multi combo attacks even easier.
I think if you were to get a ki gain from melee, you'd have to gain it only from landing advanced melee hits.

Best answers
I think it would be much better instead of regenerating ki from melee if you just had more ki and when you fly, instead of losing ki you just don't gain any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom