Budokai 2 Better Or worse

Best answers
Now most of you have probobly seen screenies or video of budokai 2. What I want to know is do you think that the graphics are better or worse. Here is my oppinion

The First Budokais Graphics were GREAT. It made a more realistic feel for the DBZ world. Sure The fine details werent there but they looked great. The Only thing that really ed me off was Goku going ssj....WHERE WAS THE DRAMA?? His trans was just a Poof and hes ssj..no lightning no rocks flying just a PHEEW and his ssj.

Now Budokai 2 looks..well more like the cartoon but i just dont like it. Why didnt the creators stick with the old graphics. I understand that ssj3 goku will look better but it just wont look the same. It will look more kiddish and that is not what anyone wants i believe. From what ive seen though The game play and the blasts look better. Its just the characters I have a problem with.

Well ive said my bit, now its your turn...do you think they should have stayed with the first budokais graphics or do you think change is good??

Best answers
u dont understand cell shade graphics i understand.....the thing is that they look very lame on a picture, but ingame when its runnung it looks very great. try finding some videos of the game and ull know what i mean, anyway im not gettin it cuz they took out story mode.

Best answers
Better, Usually Cell Shading looks really horrible.. Ugly. No offence but like old DMZ style.. But these aren't bad, I like them :)

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Personally I really hated the look of Budokai 1, so for me the sequel is a great step up. Yay. :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My opinion, but I say it looks better from what I have seen.
The graphics on the first one were good, but they were kind of generic. It didn't really have any style or flair.
Has anyone found any video clips of it yet? That would probably make more people like it, cell shading always looks better when its moving, like maxstokkebye2 said.

Best answers
Well games arent all about graphics, but anyway.

(Screenies on this site along with a video.)
It looks more like the cartoon, and will have a different style which i will accept and try.
Having this new style seperates budokai 1 better from budokai 2 other than just slapping a bunch of new characters on.

Best answers
WHOA, SERIOUSLY, NO STORY MODE??..... man if that is true then that would really !!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks much better, because the textures are now better. The SSJ goku hair, for instance...

The hair has shadows from it's shape like in part one, which is a normal 3d think. But as far as the texture...it's just a big patch of yellow and isn't very detailed. Compare that to budokai 2's SSJ hair (and SSJ2 hair...hehehe).

It looks much better in 2. Better textures. Just look at Goku's arms or pants in any of the Budokai 2 screens.

Oh my god, know what I just read? It says you can fuse any two characters together! The example they gave (but didn't show--it's in Gamepro) is that Goku can now fuse with Hercule! And they used the example of "Tiencha"--Tien and Yamcha.

Man. That is gonna so rule! I can't wait to beat my friends with a Krillin/hercule hybrid!! HAHA!

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game is still more of an eye candy game then a fighting game. The fights are not even close to other games like soul caliber or bloody roar. Bodukai is just a small slice of reaction time on top of who can hit the biggest comboes. My favorite part of bodukai was just watching the movies.

Best answers
hye thats pretty cool fuse any1.....mhhhh krillin and vegeta..ah! no how bout picollo and vegeta haha...AH! no how bout a bunny and a rabbit...oh sorry got carried away.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about Goku and Vegeta and guess who's in da house!! GOGETA!!!! ;D Wish it was Vegetto man...It will be Vegetto ;D Because Gogeta is in da movies!!! Oh well back on topic Budokai 2 is gonna be awesome the 1st Budokai was awesome too but umm there ssj hair was just yellow you can barely see the folds of the hair.Anywayz Cel Shaded is gonna rule.

Best answers
Yea i agree, cel shading is much more approriate for it. But i dunno, hopefully gameplay time will be better, i rented the original and beat it before i had 2 take it back.

Best answers
ya i heard its true absolutly no story mode....THAT WAS THE COOLEST PART!!! Budokai2 better ownzor or im gonna be ed...oh and i think i heard you can fuse kid buu and fat buu to make UUB...

Best answers
Just imagining weird fusions makes my head spin. Captain Ginyu and Cell?
Frieza and Tien?
Android 19 and Buu?

So strange! Im sure it will be very interesting.

Best answers
Better!Cel shading is what makes it look like the real characters
I saw another thing the shadow in budokai 1 was just a circleand in budokai 2 it has realistic shadow
the game will rock but it will get a low rating since it's not like 3d

There will be Gogeta too right goku and vegeta will do the fusion dance and poof Gogeta
so will there be vegetrunks
it's gonna rock
Coming in December 2003

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
video of budokai 2

Video? Where can I download this. Please give me a link.
And btw after seeing screenies the game looks ..... "Decent" Nothing special, Like most DBZ games but looks soso. 1 word explains ESF tho, Unique :]

Best answers
cel shading doesnt work well with all games(Zelda)but this one looks like it will work out pretty good,but the normal gokus face doesnt look right.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you cant fuse anyone you like. its just that some secret awkward fusions (like cell and krillin in budokai 1) will be included

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the only game to pull off celshading this far is jet set radio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom