Bruno Owns Eminem

Best answers
The best target for a gay joke is insecurity. If he can't handle the joke, then the joke will handle him. He couldn't, so he left. It's his own fault for being too serious about it and not man handling it... I mean... handling it like a man.

Though, on the flip side, weren't music awards supposed to be a classy and highly esteemed thing? Just seems like a way to push new releases, fashions, and cheap jokes. I guess its always been that way.

Like WTH was up with Twilight, a crappy movie from what I've heard, getting all these awards? Is this a gimmick to push the 3 sequels they have coming out later, because they've already vested their money in it? Kind of like how Will Ferrell is going into the wild with Bear just to get people to initially see his movie before the reviews tell everyone it sucks.

Kinda deviated there :]

But again, my opinion about the Eminem incident...

Who gives a **** anyway?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought him walking out was a strong act. How else could he have handled the situation?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He could have sat there, and laughed and enjoyed the joke with everyone else. I'm sure if it happen to somebody else he would have been laughing his ass off and seen the funny side.

Running away makes you look like an uptight homophobe, In my honest opinion.

Personally, I think it was staged anyway :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He could have sat there, and laughed and enjoyed the joke with everyone else. I'm sure if it happen to somebody else he would have been laughing his ass off and seen the funny side.

Running away makes you look like an uptight homophobe, In my honest opinion.

Personally, I think it was staged anyway :/
precisely, eminem failed by walking out of there in my opinion.

I don't really think so. Do you really think you would?
I honest to god would laugh really hard. I'm surprised no one here realizes how hilarious I would find it.

As for Sub, having a man's ass fall into my face like that is hilarious, having someone end up taking something i was planning to use and have been using it is different.

but like, right now I laugh at the website. I think it's hilarious, an african scenery clothing line? lawl.

regardless, i think eminem over reacted too much.

maybe it's just me. /shrug

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eminem may be an *******, but to my knowledge he's never done anything physical to those he raps about. This was a physical act that is unacceptable for an awards show, at least one that wants to be respected. Seriously, you don't invite two people to perform at a venue, then pull something like this on them. It tells them you have no respect for them, that you don't appreciate them coming out and performing, and is basically a giant "**** you" in there face. I'd have walked out also.

Maybe later on you can see some humor in it, but it's still extremely insulting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eminem may be an *******, but to my knowledge he's never done anything physical to those he raps about. This was a physical act that is unacceptable for an awards show, at least one that wants to be respected. Seriously, you don't invite two people to perform at a venue, then pull something like this on them. It tells them you have no respect for them, that you don't appreciate them coming out and performing, and is basically a giant "**** you" in there face. I'd have walked out also.
Good point.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you've kinda missed the point of the whole prank. It capitalizes on the fact that some people cant take a joke, he deliberately picks on what appears the least likely celebrity to see the humour in such a situation, since that produces the most humorous effect. If he dropped in on a well known gay celebrity and the gay celebrity had smiled and laughed It would'nt be so successful or talked about. He picks a target that typically seems like he wouldn't be caught dead with somebodys ass in their face, then exploits it to maximum effect.

Personally though I think it was staged, they both have things coming out atm (bruno movie, and new eminem album) and this is already a viral sensation. It's getting people to talk about it etc. Plus if you have an almost half naked guy drop from directly above you, you dont just sit there and watch him put his arse in your face, you move to the side.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you've kinda missed the point of the whole prank. It capitalizes on the fact that some people cant take a joke, he deliberately picks on what appears the least likely celebrity to see the humour in such a situation, since that produces the most humorous effect. If he dropped in on a well known gay celebrity and the gay celebrity had smiled and laughed It would'nt be so successful or talked about. He picks a target that typically seems like he wouldn't be caught dead with somebodys ass in their face, then exploits it to maximum effect.

Personally though I think it was staged, they both have things coming out atm (bruno movie, and new eminem album) and this is already a viral sensation. It's getting people to talk about it etc. Plus if you have an almost half naked guy drop from directly above you, you dont just sit there and watch him put his arse in your face, you move to the side.
Good point, now I'm totally indifferent.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hate to burst your bubbles but he was actually in on the joke, rehearsed and all.

Sauce

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be blunt. If he pulled that stunt on me id send him to a hospital.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was scripted. Makes more sense.

http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-02-movie-awards-writer-confirms-eminem-vs-bruno-was-scripted

Edit: Goddamn it Muffinman.

...Really Grega? I don't know, if it was some randomass guy off the street I'd definitely be aggressive. But even if it was real, it's like "oh, that's the guy who did Borat! What? Oh noooo he's landing on ME hahahaha". And it's not like MTV is the oscars. I actually don't even know how to argue this since it was fake lol.

Bottom line: I'd find it funny. **** it's almost an honor to be selected out of all those people.

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, I feel like a heel for my posts earlier now hearing that Eminem was in on the joke. I guess the biggest joke is on me, because Eminem reacted exactly how I expected him to.

I still want him to do a track about Cohen.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...Really Grega? I don't know, if it was some randomass guy off the street I'd definitely be aggressive. But even if it was real, it's like "oh, that's the guy who did Borat! What? Oh noooo he's landing on ME hahahaha". And it's not like MTV is the oscars. I actually don't even know how to argue this since it was fake lol.
Really. I dont care who it is. If someone pulled something like that id punch that bastard. Twice if he was famous and i didnt like him.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really. I dont care who it is. If someone pulled something like that id punch that bastard. Twice if he was famous and i didnt like him.
Then I would be beating the **** out of Eminem.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Grega is one of the few people being honest in this thread. We'd like to think we'd react calmly, but the fact of the matter is that you're not thinking rationally in a moment like that, you're angry.

@deathshot: Except you would never be given the opportunity considering Eminem has never done anything like that to another. He just talks / raps, it's never physical.

Anyway, I'm not surprised to hear that he was in on the joke, but I am glad. I guess it was good for publicity, he's playing on his whole anti-homophobic act, same as he did with performing with elton john.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, it's pretty obvious that it's scripted after watching it a second time. The camera is put on Eminem before Bruno even lands around three times, indicating that he's going to land of Eminem

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Plus, the article points out that he was wearing a mic at the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That completely throws it as fake, no member of the audience wears a microphone unless they are going to speak.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still quite surprised by Grega's reaction. What if it wasn't staged and the target, whatever celebrity, laughed it off?

I'm also surprised by your post too Sub. A grown man wearing a skimpy angel costume has a "malfunction", and slowly descends to you, so it's not like it would be an instant surprise. I can see different people having different reactions; some would get enraged and some would laugh out loud. But I can not wrap my mind around the idea that it would be universally incendiary. Being annoyed by it, embarrased, or even grossed out I could see happening. But I think outright rage for such a playful and harmless prank is an overreaction. I've heard scathing verbal remarks that would incite more anger than a pair of butt cheeks in my lap.

But I am glad it was staged too, because since he is the performer, that's where the rudeness comes though. I thought it was at first when I saw it, but Eminem's reaction seemed very genuine. It did not make sense though because Eminem seems like the type that would shrug this off.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying I would want to beat the **** out of the guy, but I'd be upset and mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom