• Bruce Lee

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Jet Li

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tbh, it would be close. Everyone will say Bruce Lee, because they rate his movies and appearances at a fanboy level. But yeh, i'd say Bruce Lee would probably emerge victorious. If it were a younger Jackie Chan vs Bruce Lee however....
p.s. btw JP, Wushu is just a dance form of martial arts, like shaolin monks do at exhibitions. It is not a martial art on it's own.
Lol I know that.

I also said that B Lee didn't believe in styles, and Wushu is a name for a collection of forms...(styles) perhaps I should have made that more clear. ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
considering bruce lee has much more real fighting experience than jet li i would hand this to bruce.

not saying jet li isnt a good martial artist, he did go to school for martial arts/theatre bull**** since he was a little kid

but hes got nothing on bruce. they arent even in the same level.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bruce Lee,

His aproach was a bit more, different then jet li's martial art, (Lee did not believe in styles) Jet Li did some more traditional martial arts, called Wushu.

Jeet Kune do is imo more straight forward then Wushu, more effective (imo), and while I haven't seen them next to eachother, showing off, I do think Lee was faster and stronger then Jet Li is now.
They both practiced wushu, the philosophy behind Jeet Kun Do wushu was much different than that of traditional wushu.

Wushu is the correct term for Chinese Martial Arts, though Kung Fu works but is sorta slang ortientated from what I understand.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bruce Lee had his back broken and when he recovered, came back stronger than ever.

Like Batman.

Bruce Lee ftw.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not to mention he would one inch punch jet li and break him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where does Lui Kang come in this?

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lui Kang uses Ki... he is overwhelming!

there is no challenge to him! not even Goku..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bruce Lee exploded Goku with the 1-inch punch and stole his ki.

Bruce Lee is actually Bruce Wayne. Just read every Batman comic backwards and you'll understand.

Seriously though, he broke his back, then started doing exercises he really shouldn't have been capable of doing, and killed Godzilla in hand-to-hand combat.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so thats why they wont let him in the new transformers movie?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
considering bruce lee has much more real fighting experience than jet li i would hand this to bruce.

not saying jet li isnt a good martial artist, he did go to school for martial arts/theatre bull**** since he was a little kid

but hes got nothing on bruce. they arent even in the same level.
The only real fight I remember Bruce Lee getting into was with a Martial Arts instructor at one of the dojo's near Bruce Lee's dojo, but even that was a highly speculated fight. Other than that, there's nothing that said Bruce Lee got into fights a lot.

Bruce Lee had his back broken and when he recovered, came back stronger than ever.

Like Batman.

Bruce Lee ftw.
Technically, he didn't recover. Bruce Lee's back injury was permanent, and was told by doctors to no longer make Martial Arts movies, but he went ahead and did it anyway after a number of months resting in bed.

not to mention he would one inch punch jet li and break him.
The one-inch punch was more of a demonstration than a technique. Bruce Lee demonstrated that he can utilize all of his weight behind a punch that travels one inch.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bruce lee

although i cant recite a source, bruce lee didnt believe in martial arts codes (guidelines and rules). since hes not held back i would think that would give him the fight.

Best answers
Bruce was iron man of will. Go Lee!
It doesn't matter how much years i'm training martial arts( 8 years to be sure), i won't be able to become like Lee, nor anyone in the world. Lee had the power everyone else could only dream of...
I exceed his will powers.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this is a dbz forum, but does every conversation have to end up like the post above D: ?

Best answers
Jet Li studies martial arts, and probably does most of his own stunts. But his action scenes are loaded with crap. I saw a couple Jet Li movies, and instantly knew that even Jackie Chan could kick his ass. Bruce Lee? Yea right. This is how a battle of Bruce Lee vs. Jet Li would go. Jet Li runs out, and Bruce Lee rips his face off. Bruce Lee was like, the human equivalent of a walking entity of pure raw ass kicking power and talent.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They both practiced wushu, the philosophy behind Jeet Kun Do wushu was much different than that of traditional wushu.

Wushu is the correct term for Chinese Martial Arts, though Kung Fu works but is sorta slang ortientated from what I understand.
Blah, why allways so many names for one thing? wushu... kung fu..

I have studied Jeet Kune Do (and still do, the concept that is) for some years now, but never the word "wushu" was used, and when I see Jet Li do his stuff, saying "my wushu!"... I assumed that it was something different then Kung Fu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom