Broly Gamemode = Go

Best answers
I think I suggested a game mode very similar time ago, but nobody listened to me...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This has been suggested 9 billion times in the past

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As I mentioned above, the mod needs work. I played on that server (which is pretty laggy for a player from Europe like me) and I saw too many unfinished things:

• health bar size is sometimes bugged (forgotten to set correct "MaxHealth");
  • you are able to ascend (the original ascend) to SSJ Vegeta if you collect the powerlevel of 2,000,000 (forgotten to block "ascend" command for Broly player);
  • sometimes all players' classes are shown as "Random" and sometimes not (this has something to do with "ScoreInfo's" 5th argument);
  • manually changing powerlevel destroys your beam radius after your next spawn (it sucks to change 460 and 461 offets' values).
My suggestions (these or some of them might already be on a "to do" list, but still check it out):

• when new Broly is about to appear, kill that player (without changing his kills and frags) by changing his class to let's say Buu (by simply executing "buu" command for that player) and spawn him as Broly;
  • to avoid Broly being marked as Buu in scoreboard, hook "ScoreInfo" message, check if its 1st argument (client) is Broly and set 5th argument (class) to 10 ("Random") (or if you want - 0 ("None")) or simply find out how it's made blank in ECX;
  • hook first "CurWeapon" event after Broly spawned and then strip his weapons, then give him some of Broly-like attacks, like Ki blast, generic beam and Big Bang. The good thing is that Buu doesn't have the sound of Big Bang, so you won't have to change it, you can simply precache a new one (that should be in Buu sounds' directory);
  • if I were to create this mod, I'd block classes other than Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo and Krillin.
It's too bad I was too lazy to finish my LSSJ Mode.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know about every single one of those bugs. I've already said, the mod isn't finished. Hence it isn't being released yet. Right now, the server is basically only for testing. I appreciate you trying to help, but it's unnecessary.

Plus I'm busy working on **** for another community for Christmas. I haven't had time to work on it.

Edit: Fixed being able to transform, and set max health. The health still jumps off the bar though, not entirely sure how to fix that as I have limited experience coding for ESF (because it's broken as **** from a scripting point of view).

The reason I'm not blocking classes is because I want people to be able to play as their normal characters, but as Broly. Everyone has a character they play best as, with just the right speed, just the right combination of attacks, etc. I want to retain that balance. Sub agrees with me and seeing as how I coded this really just for him, that's what's going to happen.

Last edited:
Best answers
Make sure maxhealth is <=255? ESF 1.2.1 still uses the standard hl health hud messaging, so health is send to the client in a byte.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Server is hooked up with fast downloading thanks to Snow

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have no idea if AMXX will be compatible with 1.3, but I'm leaning towards it not being compatible judging from previous posts by Green and Raven.
With that attitude progression of human race and technological advancements would be ceased long time ago. Nothing's impossible, at least regarding computers.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ascended broly and normal broly appear to be the exact same, no speed increase no being able to teleport while being goku... stuff like that.. i cried a little

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
They usually say you shouldnt name names Demize, but this is the internet I shouldn't expect manners or etiquette.

The exploit was done at first by me on accident. And after we discovered it, we realized how easy it was to do it. It was very easy for us to keep doubling our powerlevels, and that basically made everyone else pissed off. Beam spam was an easy way to make Broly's HP go from 250 to 0 in a single full power signature blast, which then meant that you could do the exploit again and again and nobody else could kill Broly before you. It's really not our fault at all, it's the code that allows ANYBODY (even you) to accidently do this overpowered exploit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom