Breakups suck, eh?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fryd4good said:
Well, I think she does love me, she's just kind of overwhelmed.
This is far more feasable than anyone in this thread will tell you. That does not mean it is the truth, but it is quite possible, and it almost happened to me exactly in the same manor. My girlfriend was not ready for the relationship I wanted to involve her with, and so she pushed me away from her. I was quite determined and equally persistent, and eventually we were able to openly talk about it, and I pulled her back into my life. We're happy now.

Give her space but don't let up if you want to figure out why she's pushed you away. Theoretically if you left her alone you'd figure it out judging by whether or not she came back to you, but from personal experience I'd say women typically aren't that rashional / dependable (I apologize for any women this does offend). If you still want her, and you think she still has feelings for you, tap into those, just be reasonable about it. Don't push her, or pressure her, just try to keep in touch, try to just have a simple honest talk without the feelings involved.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
You make a common mistake, my friend.

The title of this thread is "Breakups suck." It should be, "Women ****ing suck and should all be put into one big warehouse and ICBM'ed straight to ****ing hell."

Well that sure hurts..^^" and i am pretty offended but i guess it is ur oppion right.

Best answers
Well he does have a valid point, well an excllent one i sorta agree with him, try looking at it from his point of view sakura and maybe it"ll ease the pain ur feelings right now :laff: and yea that is his oppion

Best answers
Gameinformer313 said:
Well he does have a valid point, well an excllent one i sorta agree with him, try looking at it from his point of view sakura and maybe it"ll ease the pain ur feelings right now :laff: and yea that is his oppion

That didn't make the situation any better or neither did it ease any pain well for me atleast, since that was kinda hurtful to me as well, but like u said that is his oppion and clearly not a fact, and yet it still offends me in someway. I guess its no use for me to make any comback since theres clearly more boys on the fourm and would be clearly outnumbered, besides there just words on a computer screen so try and look at it that way sakura.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one major difference between interactions with:
guys and guys
guys and girls

if you have a fight with a guy friend of yours, once its resolved, that **** doesnt come back up. its over and done with... there are no grudges and its understood that it has been resolved... there will be no more hard feelings about it. you can do stuff without being judged.

with a girl however... everything you do is used against or in favor of you. theres no such thing as just doing something with no consequences... if you say something stupid or piss her off... that **** affects you for the rest of the time you know her... its bound to happen...

maybe its just my bad experiance.. but girls tend to be far more fickle then men.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys can feel offended all you want, I'm just speaking from my psychology background and personal experiences. There are some things that women are that men aren't, and some things that men are that women aren't, and some of the dissimilarities are emotional. Guys are built to be less emotional and more powerful than women, you can't deny that, it's in our chromosomes, and some of our psychology is too.

When I said women weren't as rashional/dependable I didn't mean in every sense of those words, I was referring to them situationally, in the case of breakups or difficulty in relationships. That wasn't to say that men can't be, but just that I have seen it in women more prominently than in men. When it comes to emotional instability it would seem to me that it is far more often the woman in the relationship, as the man either wants to move on or keep things running and the woman typically has slightly more emotional attachments to sort out.

I'm not attacking women, it's all just my observations and they don't fit every situation, it just sounds like they fit this one. I went through a very similar situation with my girlfriend (as I said) and I've seen it before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
There are some things that women are that men aren't, and some things that men are that women aren't, and some of the dissimilarities are emotional. Guys are built to be less emotional and more powerful than women, you can't deny that, it's in our chromosomes, and some of our psychology is too.
Guys are not "built to be less emotional." It is the different aspects of sociology that determines how people will act. In many of or own societies, guys were taught to be more stronger and less emotional than girls. For instance, if a boy fell down and got hurt, he would be told "get up, boys don't cry." If, however, a girl falls down and gets hurt, of course the mom would kiss where she fell and say "are you okay? don't worry, i'll kiss it to make it better."

Guys aren't naturally less emotional, it's how they were raised and how their role in society dictates how it should be. There are *** guys out there that are VERY emotional because probably they were raised that way. There are tomboy girls out there who act very emotionless because they were raised that way.

We can argue about biology vs. environment to death. So let's not in this thread anyway. Time to give your fellow man advice!
~Deman

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fryd4good, I've got just one question. How old were you two?

If she's needed some time to think, then let her do it. You wouldn't want her to have any regrets about any decision that she did not have the time to think of 100% by herself. If you try and sway her your way during the time she wants space it may push her away further, or you may convince her to keep going when in her heart she doesn't want to. And if that happens you get a lovely situation with blame getting thrown around. So yes, when she wants the space, give it to her, just let her know you'll be waiting and ready for any choice she comes to.

Anywho, if it ends, it ends. I'm not saying there's no use trying to salvage because it is possible, but I'm saying not to. If the breakup is permanent, then let it settle, learn from mistakes you made, and when you're ready, go out and do your thing. Don't sit there and think about what could have been between the two of you. Sounds to me like you're the kinda guy who treats girls with respect, so continue doing that.

This comes from my own personal experience with a couple of the serious relationships I've been in and the mistakes I've made.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, heres some real advice.

When you said that:
"I told her things I haven't even told my best friends, things about myself I didn't even know until I told her."

Girls dont care about yourself, and what you can tell them. In my experience anyway. Just talk about her, and if she sounds annoyed after you talk to much, then back down a bit, and put on the charm.

What girl does not like being told shes beautiful?

And like Deman said, how old are you? If your younger then eighteen then im gonna laugh at you.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
just give her some time mate, leave her alone for a while, then give her a ring and ask if she wants to talk. Dont push her and dont walk away from her.
Just give her time.

Best answers
Thanks for all your help guys. I'll try my best to just give her space, and talk to her when the time presents itself. If I see her before then, I'll just make some nice conversation about something else. Sonic, you've been especially helpful, thanks. It's funny, this whole time, I just wish so badly that I could go back to how I was before, cynical, sarcastic, didn't give a **** about any of this. Eh, that'd be nice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that sure hurts..^^" and i am pretty offended but i guess it is ur oppion right.
I apologize to the girls of the forum for my outburst. You see, if you folks know me a bit personally...you'd probably agree, after all I've been through. The area where I live is filled with *****es whores and psychopaths...I've met girls from as far away as Germany and the midwest...and it was always the same. Always some underlying massive defect waiting to jump out; every new door I'd open into their deeper undersides was a new snakepit waiting for me to fall in. There is one girl who is reasonable--out of my whole 22 years on this earth, ONE NORMAL GIRL--and that girl, though she apparently loves me a great deal and has for years, will never get back together with me for no apparent reason that she can articulate.

We won't even talk about my health problems.

It's just been my experience that society has raised an intriguing problem with women. Because we have so often revered women, a lot of the girls in my area and generation seem to think that they should be revered for being the only worthwhile thing in existence. I have a friend who is an attractive girl, for example, who is constantly asking people for presents. Just stupid material things here or there. Buit she asks for them and when you say why she goes, "cause I'm great and you wanna buy it for me."

Now, the fact that I know one girl like that can be written off that she's a *****. But I know SEVERAL who do the EXACT SAME THING.

I'm ranting too much about women here...but as I said, I apologize for my generalizations. But unfortunately, in my experiences, there's not much to the contrary.

Going on topic, I'd have to say that Deman gave possibly the best advice of the whole thread. It's the best thing you can do really--you don't want to keep her if her heart isn't really in it cause it'll lead to misery and hate down the line and it isn't worth it.

It's tricky, cause like another person said in here, everything you do has a consequence. Well, the problem with that is everything you do actually has EVERY possible consequence depending on the mood and personality of the particular variety of douc...err, I mean, lady...that you're dealing with. For instance:

Saying a girl is beautiful, depending on a variety of variable factors, can change things completely. I won't go into the millions of calculations science is trying to confirm, but I will give examples of possible outcomes:

Sometimes, they will find the above comment to be complimentary. Other times, you will be kissing ass. Still other times, you won't mean it, and they will consider it as bad as if you had said "You look like you were just in a diarrhea-eating contest and lost by a log." Sometimes they will light you on fire. Occasionally, your pets will be boiled. Other times, they might tell you you're a sweet guy. They might give you a hug, or a kiss, or an overjoyed look of happiness. It's a fool's errand to try and predict a reaction, really.

And that's a small percentile of the many possibilities born just from one adjective in one sentence. Of course, this all depends on the girl (personally, I have found maybe a total of three who react based on what you do as opposed to reacting on the mere desire to react how they want).

And to answer the question, "What girl does not like being told she's beautiful?" its actually pretty simple. Girls in my experience are self-centered, conceited, and self-absorbed--but before most of that, they are superficial and shallow.

Ugly guys or guys they don't want, going around telling them they're beautiful don't count.

Us guys, we'd take it as a compliment from most any girl, if they told us we looked good--even if it was the most hideous ***** ever, we for the most part in my experience would say at least something like "thanks." But if you are ugly by the girls' standards and you tell her she's beautiful, there's two cardinal rules you're breaking:

1.) You're opinion doesn't count if you're ugly and they don't want you, so you're just a desperate loser trying to regail them, in their eyes. It's actually insulting to them, in my experience--"Eww, gross!!"
2.) Girls like to make guys do and think things. Not even relevant things; they just enjoy that control, on a subconscious level they feed off of it. So you thinking they're beautiful to begiun with aggravates them because you don't need convincing, which takes all the fun out of it for them.

It doesn't really matter. It's all just a twisted game of puppet and master for the girls (again with the disclaimer) in my experience.

Now. For those of you who read this massive post...don't you think ICBMs would be simpler?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What girls are you dating..

I dont use it as a pick up line, I use it later on. Much later on. They ussualy giggle or something and then say im sweet.

Best answers
Yeah, haha... everything's so damn complicated, I've thought about it so much and every time I do I realize new possibilities and stuff. I wish I could just talk to her so I could settle it one way or another now (although I'm really hoping it goes my way), just so that I can get past this and start enjoying things again. I agree with you in many ways, now, Pride. She's so freakin happy for every single day of our relationship, nothing's wrong. Then all of a sudden over the course of... two days or so, she just decides it's over. How am I supposed to adjust to changes like that? :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No man will ever know what goes on inside there minds, not even Einstien could figure it out..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The funny thing is, Fryd, she probably didn't like you at all for much longer than the sudden two-day change. Girls are like that. It's not lying, it's "withholding information" and as such it's okay.

Err, not to be harsh. That doesn't mean that's what happened or anything, but a lot of girls would rather hide it for months and use their angst at their relationship to reel in a new sympathetic dude ripe for the ruining. Most girls I've known do that whole "withholding informat, so it's not a lie, so you can't be mad" thing. They'd rather let the relationship go to ****, so they can have something to ***** about to everyone, then actually work out the problem or make any sort of compromise or honest confrontation.

Truth is dude, you'll probably likely never know. Most of the breakups in your life will be similar in their vaguery. So you have to either: just grit and bear it, or...become like me. I'd recommend neither of which, but hey--you gotta deal. If you love her, her happiness will be more important to you than your own, and things will work themselves out fine.

Best answers
Yeah, I know. But I know she did like me, because she went around telling all her friends how much she did. I mean, girls might not tell you how they feel, but friends are another story. So I'm almost positive she did up until that one point. But I've gotta stop thinking about what she thinks about me now, because it sucks to think about. Er.. yeah. I'm just gonna try to relax at this point and do what feels right for me. I've already accepted I will have no idea what's right for her, so I'm just going to be calm and try my best to be "cool" about it. I'll be happy when I get to the point I don't have to overdose myself on Benadril to get any sleep.

Best answers
Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to say, I think I get it now. I mean, sort of. She's just fickle, and she doesn't know it. She opened up to me a lot because it made her feel good to have attention. I opened up to her too, I thought she really liked me for me. And we have an astonishing amount in common, i'm not denying that. But I think at some point I stopped being new and good, and my attention didn't make her feel better anymore. She wanted it to, so she kept it to herself for a long time. So she didn't tell me at all what was wrong with her. Finally, she felt so suffocated and trapped by me, that she called it off with what seemed to me like no warning. Now I've had so much time to think and talk, I know a few things. I know that I still love her, because that's my decision and not hers or anyone else's. I know that I wish I didn't, but I just have to keep living, and that's the only way to get over it. There are also a few things I don't know, but I think. I think she's more shallow than she knows, but can't even help it. I think that I would be happier with someone who was more sure of themself. But, I think I'm too hurt right now to do that, and I don't even know how long it'll take to be able to open myself up again. Thank you for your help everyone, this community proves that even complete strangers can sometimes be your best friends.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
You make a common mistake, my friend.

The title of this thread is "Breakups suck." It should be, "Women ****ing suck and should all be put into one big warehouse and ICBM'ed straight to ****ing hell."

that was rude man im not a girl but still girls dont suck they can be annoying sometimes and so can guys sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom