Boxing Talk

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So A few of my Co-Workers were talking about Boxing past and present....

Mike Tyson in his prime vs Muhammad Ali in his prime

I am calling it Mike Tyson's win.

He just has too much power behind those punches.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It isn't even purely the force behind each of Tyson's blows that would ensure victory. He was legitimately a great boxer, and was extremely fast, especially considering what he was packing behind each and every blow. I think advances in training and nutrition combined with his natural talent at destroying the human body would propel him to victory.

I used to love the sport, but you can't trust the refs, the boxers nor the promoters to not cheat, so I don't bother with it anymore. As a martial art, it's still one of the better ones. I just can't be bothered to watch it on television anymore.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't watch boxing either. All I see is people like Mayweather being considered " The Best Around " and all I can think is... Rocky Marciano was way better. Different Classes but still.

Mayweather: 43 Wins; 26 KO Wins
Marciano: 49 Wins; 43 KO Wins

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think everyone agrees Pacquiao is the best around. Also, Marciano and Mayweather would be in completely different weight classes, which is why Mayweather is considered the "pound for pound" champ. But he won't fight Pac-Man, so who cares?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Pacquaio got KOd into oblivion. How is he the best?

Mayweather didn't refuse the fight, as far as I know they cound't agree on money splitting.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pacquiao gets KOed one time and is now no longer on the same plane as Mayweather? Yeah, whatever. When Mayweather stops dancing around the issue and finally fights him we'll talk.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Not saying Pacquiao isn't a good fighter, he may be on the same plane as Mayweather but still Mayweather is the king.

Its not Mayweather who refused the fight. Why did Pacman refuse the blood test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom