Bots and crashing

Best answers
Ive got the game and for the record it is awesome:shocked: . I played it at a friends house who has cable modem and I couldn't stop. I downloaded the bot.dll because I have aol, and it is really slow. I set it up as a lan game, do the add bot thing, and start whooping on a couple of bots. after one or two, ive noticed that it crashes when I attack them, and I cant even do the spirit bomb against one without it even crashing:cry: . Is there some file i need to download ?did i start the game wrong? any help would be useful

Best answers
Perhaps your PC isnt as powerfull enought to handle that kind of action...

for example i have a plentium 3

i added 35 bots

and the game crashes after awhile...

another example

when i play ESF_islands map it crashes bout 3 seconds after it loads cuz the waters effect (the waivy thing the water does) is too high and it chrashes.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
change your video mode to openGL, start at the main esf menu. configuration. video. videomodes. then select openGL.

Best answers
If for some reason you cant use OpenGL (like yo video card doesnt support or somethin) then try D3d (direct 3d) and see if that works, else just play with 2 bots :\

35 bots? yeah right the most players you can have for the HL engine is 32 so you are either lying or exaderating(sp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom