Boring Blocks

Best answers
n00b as in a person who totally can't control ESF and who're a godforsaken n00bs.
-Lynx-

Best answers
Well said, Lynx, but bots are still good for practicing against HOW's(sorry Halorin but this is the only name I have for it). And besides, it's fun to beat on bots....espiecially(dunno how to spell that) if your sick of players beating on you(me for one).^_^

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets not talk about the defintion of n00b, but move on to more strategies for melee, alright?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sometimes i just fly around them and dont actualy hit, this makes them really nervous and jumpy and confused, so then when ur ready (after whirling around them a bit) just do a simple side hit, they will think ur goin around again.

Best answers
Pain said:
sometimes i just fly around them and dont actualy hit, this makes them really nervous and jumpy and confused, so then when ur ready (after whirling around them a bit) just do a simple side hit, they will think ur goin around again.
See, whenever people do that to me, I just teleport backwards, and then swoop after them, clobbering them into the ground. So I personally wouldn't use that strategy.:fight:

Best answers
just fly away form the bloker tele aound where he dont c u and suprise his ass

Best answers
-{VC}-EsKiMo said:
just fly away form the bloker tele aound where he dont c u and suprise his ass
Yeah but unless your opponent isnt paying attention, you can't really "surprise him" because of radar(unless u have like a really high pl and just tele a lot of times and smash him ofcourse..).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See, whenever people do that to me, I just teleport backwards, and then swoop after them, clobbering them into the ground. So I personally wouldn't use that strategy.
well if your blocking in the first place, your a noob. i have not yet seen one decent player block rather then teleport. so, that strategy will work against 95% of blockers. also, if i hear u swoop after me, im not dumb enuf to let u smash me in the back. anyway im not gona have a "fight" with you in text, there are too many variables in a real fight.

Best answers
Pain said:
well if your blocking in the first place, your a noob. i have not yet seen one decent player block rather then teleport. so, that strategy will work against 95% of blockers. also, if i hear u swoop after me, im not dumb enuf to let u smash me in the back. anyway im not gona have a "fight" with you in text, there are too many variables in a real fight.
yea im the same way if a hear a swoop form behide u tele 2 the right or left and when ui c then turn around and smash them

Best answers
I'm not the "fight in text" type of person. And I wouldn't expect it to work on you. I was just saying that's what I do.:]

Ontopic: Also, if I try to melee someone thats blocking, and they block me, I teleport backwords and swoop again at him. I do this several times. If it doesn't work, I might hit him and then try to hit him again, for a change in actions. Just try out different things, and see what works for you.

Best answers
Sigh, had enough of this. Let's cough it up:

If people block you, keep on rushing. Whether they KEEP blocking, you can try last second turns if your any good. Means you actually swoop towards them, and just 1 meter before you hit them (with quite a high sensitivity) your going above him and try to hit him when you've passed him(still from above), that counts as a back-hit and can't be blocked.

Or, you don't like proper melee, and just laser the hel out of them, that's fun too. If your any good with teleports, you could teleport next to him and hit him before he knows your next to him (hence the "good with teleport" thingy).

As for the people who still don't get it, I believe I fought some people who blocked in a demo. It's kind of slobby in the start, but you'll get the point.

http://www.angelfire.com/pro/kevvie/Lynxpub.rar
[If this is advertising, feel free to remove it.]

-Lynx-

Best answers
Ok, I recorded a round I had with a bot and got pasted :S
*Edit* : Ok, the host didnt work, ill work on it, or whatever.
-Moose

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom