Bojack Trunks - WIP

Best answers
Ok. This is my first modeling attempt in Wings 3d and first time using box modeling. I know a guy really good with the prog so that helped a bunch. And some good tuts on it.

The hardest part is you work with squares, and I want to release this for esf just cuz I never have. Its easy to change em to triangles, but, you have to select then make it triangles, you dont build with them. ;p

Anyway, here you are.

Don't mind the chest and stuff, have'nt started really. I'm saving his hair for last, Bojack Trunks got wicked hair.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hard to say anything about it, it doesn't really lookk like bojack trunks yet.

But its a good start, good job.

But his chin is to long.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whats wings?

anyways i cant really crit yet, it could be anyone so far

Best answers
K I fixed the chin.

Wings 3d is a great free program I just got into. It's based off another program, I've never heard of. I just heard of wings a few days ago. It doesn't support poly by poly, pure box modeling, and its a really weird set up at first, once you get use to it tho its a very nice program.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can you post an link of the model program?

ontopic: the nek looks a bit to long, there is not mutch to critz more, great job anyway.

Best answers
http://www.wings3d.com/ ;p

If you need help with it, contact me on msn or aim, perferably msn, [email protected] or ev3rypix3lcounts.

Wings is not toolbar based like milkshape and 3dmax, its shortkey based. And I can help you set up your options.

On topic: I'm modeling his torso as we speak. Im kinda urged to just do tha hair so you can tell its trunks. I'm not sure yet. Maybe after the torso.

sirken

S
NEVER i mean "NEVER" sot eh hair last lol i will think it will be easy and try to start but when u have finnished it all u will say owell and get laz and start another 1, hehe i know i did hair last :p na di wanna learn wings milkshape is fun, but geting old :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Acually Sirken, doing the hair last is good. Now people can crit on the boldy locks trunks lol! Nice model too Tsuno.

Best answers
Sorry but the model is horrible. Best thing for you to do is look at tutorials and practice.

Best answers
It's fine if you don't like it but I'd perfer real crits. Even if you dont think it could be turned into a decent model, crit on how I should try. Whether you like it or not thats not throw away quality, I'd rather work on it.

sirken

S
would u accect dawovers in here? i an make 1 on polyflow for the model :p not a good 1 but decent i am still learning too hehe

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why? the polyflow is good, its neat and efficiant, i cant see anything wasted... if you double the amount of polies in the lower face, you could get more definition ei. cheeks, lips etc.

Best answers
I'm guessing that this is one of your first models.. cause people who learned how to model recently like to show their early progress in the new stuff they make..

its aight.. might want to tweek the face a little nose/eye features wise.. gl

Best answers
i use wings3d to and i think it's a great program.Here's a link to some tutorials.
wings 3d tutorials .As for the model,it's not that bad.Try to use image plane's.It helps alot.Keep it up :yes:

Best answers
DBXMe2 said:
I'm guessing that this is one of your first models.. cause <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> who learned how to model recently like to show their early progress in the new stuff they make..

its aight.. might want to tweek the face a little nose/eye features wise.. gl
First model with the program, not first model.

And thanks gir, I've been known as a huge poly waster, so i'm trying to be very conservative. If I have room, I'll go back and edit for more detail.

Give me about an hour and I'll have an update.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually you already have room...the polycount for that head looks like about 50 or so... you can afford to double that easy. aim for 200- head, 1000-torso and arms, 300-legs, and if you want super animatable hair, add 200 for that too, and ur still only on 1700 :)

Best answers
I'll go back to the head later. I fixed it up a little, but no major changed there.

I started the shirt, belt, pants, arm, and now doing hand. I have sum wasted polies on the arm and sum inside the mode o_O sumwhere along the line things got messed up so i need to get my wings pro friend to give me a hand there and clean it up, it wont let me delete the polys.

I posted the head and arm in flat and smooth

P.S. that red ring will be the start of his black tank top. Im doing him without his jacket so it looks more signi***antly different then ESF's one.

sirken

S
this model is turning out good i hope u will get some deffaniction and polyflow...

Best answers

Ok. General shape is done. I have to go in and do detailing still. Arms i need to define more, shirts, you cant see really but its good, it comes off his chest well works. Pants I havent detailed at all, thats just general shape.

So i got alot of tweaking to do but atleast i got the general shape done.

polycount so far - 1216

Best answers
he looks bow legged
the deltoids go too far down the arm
the arms wont deform well at the elbow
the legs will deform even worse at the knee

i think thats a good list for you to work on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom