blocking in mellee fights

Best answers
im not very good at articulating my thoughts into words so please bear with me

when someone blocks in a melee fight then hits you right back it pisses me the hell off ;( i know there are ways around it like teleporting behind them and sticking it to them and also i know that its still early in the games life but i was hoping there could be a better way of handling it.

im pretty tired so im not going to have any really good thoughts on it but maybe if you hit someone melee style thats blocking then they get pushed back a little to prevent the counter hit no real damage just knocked far enough back so they cant noob you with that attack, it really takes no skill to block then hit :( drives me nuts

im not very good at getting involved with communitys or keeping up with future development so i really wouldnt know if theres allready been mention of this but if not i was hoping there could be some better ideas thrown around

sorry if i sound retarded o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rofl, love the last line. Anyways, Your problem is attacking head on. nothing wrong with blocking and hitting back. Try attacking from the side, below or above, the whole idea of it pushing you vack defeats the whole purpose of having a good melee fight. don't blame the mod for your laziness and creativity in attacking people. :p

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also when hit teleport right after you hit someone and it will keep them from counter attacking you. Or if your super saijan you can swoop at their side so that when you hit them you keep flying a little bit past them.

Best answers
Well, think of it this way. If you make a *mistake* by meleeing from the front and being blocked, it's your fault, so they get a free hit. But what I would do, is I keep hitting then teleporting away, because blocked hits still do damage. Less damage for sure, but some. So if someone is really being n00b-like and just blocking all the time, keep attacking and teleporting away immediately, and you'll whittle away their health and patience until they make a mistake or die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never get counter-attacked since Ive improved my skill. Recently I did something (And can do anything now) I swooped hit they blocked I teleported over hit they block I teled under hit they blocked and then went over and hit and killed em :D

Best answers
yea i do all those things and rarly get hit by that the block/counter if i knew how to quote i would qoute myself but anyways even tho i rarely get hit by it the fact thats its possible still drives me insane o_o

Best answers
it needs to be possible, think about it, strategically a block would be useful to hopefully catch your opponent off guard so that you can COUNTER, if you don't get caught off guard and know how to tele after the hit, no-one (barring trunks as of now (glitch)) will be able to touch you after blocking... so don't make the mistake of being a "N00b" and floating there until you get smacked across the map

BTW: I personally only block if I am in a 1v2 situation or am really low on ki as it is almost impossible to counter a good player

Note: if that was a little too harsh on Apathy, I appologize, I just need to rant about people who complain about this every now and then

Best answers
Yeah, if someone ever blocks me, it's all over. I just tele away ONCE, charge for a split second then swoop again. The beauty thing is the ki I lost swooping and teleing the first time I gained back when I charged, and I made them lose a chunk of ki when I hit them(even though they blocked), so I will win any head on. If I just repeat that, I will eventually wear down thier health, or ki(then they cant block and it's COMBO TIME!). The only way to get out of that is swoop away or tele away from me, in which case you just lost a bunch of ki and some health for nothing. I NEVER block melee, it is much better to dodge.

Best answers
I hit teleport away and gallitgun, they usually lose the struggle too :smile:

Best answers
"Yeah, if someone ever blocks me, it's all over. I just tele away ONCE, charge for a split second then swoop again."

I got a good video card and I see everything crystal clear, especially beams and that red box on some1 when you have them targeted. Anyways what im saying is, with my good vid card, fast pc, good connection(although sometimes im spiked cuz other pc dling/kazzaa), sweet dual optical mouse and decent skills as an ESF player, I can usually counter against people who teleports+swoop attack cuz of how smooth my game goes lol. But then again they catch me off guard so I slip and then get beaten.

Best answers
Um...you can't counter if someone teleports away right after hitting you. It's actually impossible, except with Trunks, cuz of his insta-counter. Everyone else has like a .8 second delay, so you can easily tele away first.

Best answers
Hmm.. i dont seem to have any problems recovering/countering right back after some1 decides to teleport away from me after hitting me. I mean yea there may be a delay but a lot of times i am able to melee back. I play in PT's(Predatorial Tendencies) esf Server. Apathy, you know what i mean when i say i usually can recover/melee right back :)

Best answers
yea vendetta you was kicking my ass :\ i want to say i was having a bad day but thats just whining :S well see how it goes next time :devgrin: plus i had something in my eye that WHOLE time :rolleyes:

Best answers
So this guy is tryin to say that if he was getting socked in the arms he wouldnt hit a guy back???

THATS ALL I GOTTA SAY

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a way past the .8 second rule that was implemented in 1.1 That sort of pisses me off. I have no problems now, but when people get around the system and manage to recreate insta-counters like there were in 1.0... bah. I've seen one or two people who figured out how. Lame.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sometimes like to swich people up who are just swoop, hit, teleport. When they teleport once past you after hitting , follow them (if your have a fast computer) and swoop hit them back. Its sounds like your left open but your not. If they try to swoop hit you that fast your going to win it because you would have more ki from blocking and not teleporting.

Best answers
Sh!t... i still dont get how the melee system works as in who/how would 1 win in a head to head etc..
Anyways..
<Can sometimes pull of insta-counters.. and i dont know how.

Best answers
a flash document came with beta 1.1 open that toturial and read basic or advanced and read melee melee is really easy tho you should of got the hang of it when playin beta 1.0

btw: yea melee blocking takes so long to perform before you no it you are hit and they can just get you from behind and everything i rekon they should have a energy field that can last for 10 seconds use it and blast them away so you can get away or get them :D

Best answers
My 1.1 did not come with a 1.1 flash tutorial.. i dont think so atleast, i still have the old 1 ><
Does the Flash Tutorial come with the upgrade patch? or only the full install patch? If so then i need a place to get the 1.1 flash tutorial cuz i enjoyed lookin thru it. heh

Best answers
umm i got the tutorial when i downloaded the update patch for esf beta 1.1 i don't think its in the full. ok you no what you should do make a thread and ask were is the flash tutorial so i can downlaod it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom