Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blizzard Entertainment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Which type of games do you prefer? Blizzard (known for Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft)

or Westwood stuios? (known for Command&Conquer, Tiberian sun, Red Alert, Generals... and renegade could fall in there somewhere :p)

so the question is, which of teh two do you like?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blizzard all the way!
Started playing Blizzard with WCII, then I got SC, then I got both of the Diablo games, then WCIII. :D
I heard Blizzard got bought out by Microsoft though, is that true?!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to say Blizzard. I loved Red Alert and Red Alert 2, but you can't really compete with Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. Westwood better come up with something new.

Best answers
hell nah icant stand the blizzard games cause you have small maps and small armies. I lovethe west wood games so much more. Games like generals and emperor are bad ass..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never did like westwood games much, except generals, it wasn't bad.

But ya cant compete with blizzard, I mean they got starcraft, STARCRAFT COME ON! It's soooo fun! I dont even think its possible not to like starcraft, isn't that like illegal or something?..... :D

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
both :D :D :D :D I like both companies. Also Blizzard didnt get sold out to Microsoft.

and Westwood didnt make Generals, EA did (i think). Westwood got bought back into EA games while they were making Generals. Also I've never seen a Westwood logo while playing Generals.

Anyway,

Diablo 2 is ok except for the damn beta 1.10 patch also the first is coo. WCIII is awesome, WoW dunno what to say yet, alls im waiting for is a fee price. StarCraft is one of the best games ever made.

All the C&C games are awesome, same with emperor :D. Renegade was ok when it was first released but it dropped.

=/\/\C

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though I started with Westwood, I'd have to say I like Blizzard more for their mainstream titles. Warcraft has always appealed to me more than Command and Conquer. Don't get me wrong, I loved C&C, and it was what got me into WC1, but that's not that point. I like their games equally enough, but Blizzard's mainstream games cover more of a variety than Westwood. But, I love westwood for their Monopoly game, the opponents....they were just the kind of people you'd expect as monopoly opponents, heh.

But, for all intensive purposes, I'd have to go with Blizzard on this one.

Best answers
Magus said:
Which type of games do you prefer? Blizzard (known for Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft)

or Westwood stuios? (known for Command&Conquer, Tiberian sun, Red Alert, Generals... and renegade could fall in there somewhere :p)

so the question is, which of teh two do you like?

Tell me one game that good as warcraft... red-alert ? - i dont think so...

i'm sure that blizzard is better , much better...

even warcraft 1,2 better than red-alert....

Diablo - This so own that i wish to trade my red-alert2 disk for it...

starcraft - I think that all the men that playing warcraft like starcraft... :p

Best answers
Do I see snow falling? Blizzard, all the way, it roxorz your soxorz

Best answers
Blizzard,the reason I made a Zerg HUD Pack,and now working on a Terran one :D

Besides,I need WC3:TFT

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no competion hee.. Blizzard is and will be the best for a long time. Also I am really looking forward to Starcraft 2 (and yes there is going to be one once WC3 dies down in popularity)

Best answers
RaVe said:
Blizzard,the reason I made a Zerg HUD Pack,and now working on a Terran one :D

Besides,I need WC3:TFT
I need it to... (but i ordered it... ;D )

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Will you please send me the protos (if you will make one) hud?

Best answers
C&C was an incredible game when it first came out, from my perspective at least - I hadn't played many PC games up to that point.

As a friend of mine once said, though, "Westwood may have invented the wheel, but they haven't done much with it since." None of the C&C games since the original have really come close to emulating it's playability, although I haven't tried Generals yet. Put quite simply, the franchise was as stale as prison bread by the time Red Alert came about.

Blizzard . . . I never really liked the warcraft games to be honest, especially WC2, which for some reason everyone and their pet adored. Starcraft was great though: played it to death for about 2 years after it's release. Diablo was entertaining to a point, and multiplayer Diablo 2 was fun for awhile (got really repetative really fast though).

You've got to hand it to Blizzard, though; they're currently sitting on 3 huge moneymaking franchises. It's no wonder they act so damn arrogantly towards their customers.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blizzard is by far better than Westwood, I loved Rock and Roll Racing, Warcraft I and II, Starcraft. Diablo was good, but Diablo 2... sucked beyond beleif, basically the same game, with worse graphics, and a few new features.. I wish i had burned it instead of buying it. Warcraft 3 wasn't that great either, i was expecting something much more creative than that. I just hope they don't screw up Starcraft 2, and for crying out loud, i hope they don't make it 3D(i know that it will be but i can dream). i always thought 2D RTS's were much better.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Blizzard is by far better than Westwood
There is no, better between the two, it's a personal matter of choice which one you like better, they are both equally good, but I like Blizzard games more since it's fantasy, but please keep in mind, thanks to Westwood the RTS Genre became popular...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom