Black screen of dooom!

Best answers
O_O OK i change my Video to OPenGL and when i try to connect to a server it works..until i have to quit back to the select server screen, there i get a black screen that i can niether ALT- F4, Windows Key, Ctrl-alt-delete, or ESC wont get out of and i am forced to reset..

Why do i get this screen.

another thing, i have to retry 3 times to connect to the server, and it has ppl on it and I have ADSL, it cannot be much further than the east coast, I'm on west coast, what the hell is that extra lag?

Best answers
yea direct 3d works but i think it might be like my problem earlier, with CL_Flushentity packet, i think its a video card error maybe

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As an experienced 56ker, I know well what the CL_FlushEntityPacket is. :p
It has nothing to do with your video, it's a lag/ping problem.

Before you get this error, the game freezes and the models will disappear, and once you get this error the models should return and start moving, but choppily, then it should steady out. Atleast that's how it always happens with me. ;)
CL_FlushEntityPacket simply means the game is purging all entities, and requesting information of all the models/entities on the map from the server again to stabilize itself and re-sync with the server and everyone else on it.

But anyway, as for your video problem I would say go and download the latest drivers for your video card, if you have not done so already.

Best answers
I'm on ADSL actually..and i get that error, so its really annoying and i got the catalyst driver and fixed the graphics problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom