Bioshock 2 + Movie

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wiki said:
In response to the game's high sales, Take-Two Chairman Strauss Zelnick revealed in a conference call to analysts that the company now considered the game as part of a franchise. He also speculated on any follow-ups mimicking the development cycle of Grand Theft Auto, with a new release expected every two to three years.

On March 11, 2008, Take Two Interactive officially announced that the sequel to BioShock is being developed by 2K Marin, and is expected to be released before the 2009 holiday season.
wiki said:
Film

Industry rumors after the game's release suggest a film adaptation of the game would be made, utilizing similar green screen filming techniques as in the movie 300 to recreate the environments of Rapture. On May 9, 2008, Take Two announced a deal with Universal to produce a BioShock movie, to be directed by Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Carribean, The Ring) and written by John Logan (Gladiator , Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street 2007 film).
Discuss.1234

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, I'd definitely love a second BioShock, but I wonder how far they could take it? I think a prequel would make a lot of sense, and I guesstimate that this is the path they will take for BioShock 2, but beyond that, I don't know what else you could milk from Rapture.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's either a prequel or a sequel. If it's a Sequel, it'll be based off of the bad ending, most likely where the main character attempts to take over more than Rapture.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only played the demo for Bioshock but I was really wowed by it. I think the movie sounds great and I really need to play this game all the way through.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly think the game sucked when I played it.
Story was new but the game play just is not there for me, movement and related things are really clunky and even worse than Half-Life.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i really liked the environment of the game, underwater and all, they pulled that off flawlessly. but i agree, the game mechanics itself were just plain ****ty.

the first time i played the bioshock demo, i was legitimately scared when the whale swam overhead, (then again i am deathly scared of deep water-_- anyways)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i really liked the environment of the game, underwater and all, they pulled that off flawlessly. but i agree, the game mechanics itself were just plain ****ty.

the first time i played the bioshock demo, i was legitimately scared when the whale swam overhead, (then again i am deathly scared of deep water-_- anyways)
I know what you mean. I was once in Hawaii and going to try a body glove snorkel tour, and I had no idea where we were going. When the boat started heading out into water that looked black, I just about leapt out of my skin until I saw we were going to this place 50 feet offshore of some cliffs. And in another instance, I was snorkling off the beach when the water was a bit choppy, and reached a place that looked like a dark sudden drop off. I panicked and raced back to shore. I'm not so afraid of sea creatures, but the abyss scares the Hell out of me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom