Binding delay

Best answers
Is there a way to wait until something is done in binding? i want to make soemthing happen right after your char. transforms and i want it to be in the same button. can someone help?

P.S :this is for a script similar to the ssj script that allows you to make more transformantions! at least it looks like that but its not actucally that.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually im trying to get mine workin. i would show it to you but you may setal it from me. there are theves among us. especially in the moddeling forum.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already helped Majin Prince, so he should be posting it soon.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah now that ive got everything workin good (thanks satan) im gonna release a script similar to the ssj script. im collecting the models together and may release it when i think its ready.

Best answers
well this still doesent answer my question. I want to find a way to play a sound with the console OR get a delay for the bind so i can change models as soon as the transformation is done so it transforms to the next level "looks like it" but not really i just want to transform and something follow it after its done transforming WITHOUT pressing additional buttons.

Best answers
I am not totally sure, cuz I am still pretty new to scripting, but try, a couple of
"; wait; wait" as it depends on cpu speed how much "time the "wait" will be.

Or try:
"; later 1;" I am pretty sure this stilll works with hl. You can also change the "1" with any amount of seconds ( no less than 1 and probobly no higher than 10 in your case ). and remember to get rid of the quotation marks :D

Hope I helped.

/me Edits

I didnt want to double post so I think..

alias ssjscriptthing "ascend; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; model yourmodel.mdl; say BRING IT ON! IR TEH SSJ SCRIPTER !!!111!!!11; kill; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; say_team Oooops!

Then in game, open up console and type:

bind "1" "ssjscriptthing"

Press 1, and there you have it, although you may want to change some things lol

:p

Best answers
LOL, that was the end of what you might add. I just gave him an example of what a delay might be.
And when I started off as "ascend" I assumed you already got yourself to a state of having ssj hair while normal. So my idea is, first of all, when you reach your transformation destanation :) power level you press 1. 1 will be bound to the following: bind "1" "ssjscriptthing". The ssjcriptthing represents this:

alias ssjscriptthing "ascend; (1); descend; model ssjgoku.mdl"

The (1) is the desired delay time for your transformation animation. e.g ;later 5;

Now you have done the transformation, descended, and near-instantly switched models back to super sayian.

Now in your models directory, make a new folder named, oh lets say "ssj2goku" and in that enter a model that is a buffed up ssj goku. Call that ssj2goku.mdl. Now I hope that since you are descended you can ascend again. Press 2. 2 is bound to the following: bind "2" ssjcriptthingparttwo" Now the alias for that is:

alias ssjcriptthingparttwo "ascend; (1); model ssj2goku.mdl"

The (1) being the same number for your transformation length, again for example ;later 5;

And there you go, you have succesfully become ssj2 goku.

If I were ever to make my script, I would tweak alot, for example, if I could, I would maybe use a different sprite for the second transformation, but I am afraid that might have something to do with the code. So anyway, for now, my principle isnt too bad ( I suppose ).

I gtg for now lol :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ |X|trem[3]

/me edits

You may not understand what I said:

The (1) is the desired delay time for your transformation animation. e.g ;later 5;

That is how long your transformation is because I think if you go

alias ssjscriptthing "ascend; descend; model ssjgoku.mdl"

You wouldnt see the transformation animation, you would descend right away, so you put a ;later 5; to wait till the transformation is over.

Best answers
thx i think this will help alot!

Update: Later does not work and wait repeatly does not work either........ oh well

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try eliminating the spaces between the semi-colons and words, like "wait;wait;wait"

Best answers
make a super wait :) play with it a bit to see what looks best
alias wt "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait"
alias lwt "wt; wt; wt; wt; wt;
alias slwt "lwt; lwt; lwt"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom