Better explosion sprites.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what about a dustcloud after the explotion so you atleast feal that you hit something, that only count's for ground explotion.
the dust that comes from fly ppl is a burn cloud, doesn't look good if you get sand dust in mid air.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wth, they had the long haired saiyin armor trunks in old versions X(

he was cool.

god that yellow hurt my eyes, yea if tht fat explosion had some transluscency to it it would be cool,

First have like a little shoxkwave type thing ( ring emmiting from the blast site, showing area of effect) Then the actual explosion sprite expanding

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jimesu_Evil said:
If you read my post properly, I said DBZ realism. There's a difference. If you watch the show you'll see the big explosions are bubble shaped. Besides as I said, the small explosions should stay the way they are, but the really big ones should be changed to bubble explosions.

No, some of the Explosions were bubble shaped, but for the most part, they were rarely perfect spheres. Most of the explosions are usually oddly shaped clouds of smoke that pretty much cover the entire area, other time's it's a randomly shaped ball of fire and smoke. As a matter of fact, the only explosion that I remember being a giant half-sphere like that was Vegeta's Final Atonement.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jimesu's depiction is basically what I had in mind as well. The current ones are good, but all they do is grow and shrink, though the glowing is very cool. If they can be solid, why not bubble shaped ones?

And as for the whole "It kills FPS" thing, that is very annoying. I mean saying it isn't, just the fact that it hinders the advancment in graphic effects. I say all graphic things (dust when swooping, spliting water, dome explosions)should come in an optional setting instead of not being included at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't use the fps thing as an excuse to why it shouldn't be added - only as to why it was taken out. I know it's most likely possible that it oculd be implemented without problems, but back to my original point - why?Bubbles look retarded compared to the current explosions they have now. How in for crying out loud could you favor a freaking BUBBLE over a more realistic explosion that's pretty much randomly generated each time using the new particle system?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean i aint saying the current one sucks, not at all, but a glowing bubble, doing damage to anything in it would just seem more dbz-like.

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
How in for crying out loud could you favor a freaking BUBBLE over a more realistic explosion that's pretty much randomly generated each time using the new particle system?
Hmm... It seems you are the only one here who thinks the current explosions should stay. Obviously more people want them changed. We should turn this into a poll to see which one is more favoured.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jimesu_Evil said:
Hmm... It seems you are the only one here who thinks the current explosions should stay. Obviously more people want them changed. We should turn this into a poll to see which one is more favoured.
Actualy i also think the curectones should stay. But maby make them a bit bigger for the big beams. The rest is great

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me too (that's four).

The current ones have flashes of light and actual explosions and spoke trails, the bubbles were just bubbles. I only like the bubbles for one thing and that's it shows the damage radius. The Final Flash looks much better with this explosion too.

I still think a mushroom cloud for the Big Bang Attack would be ten flavours of awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
its a spikey ball for ****s sakes, and its tiny!
The size varies, it depends on your PL. I've made a gigantic sun in the middle of the map before with vegeta's Final Flash, you jsut have to have a high PL, that's all. Even though the explosions showed the true damage radius, did it matter? You can't get away from it if it's already been detonated - it makes no difference if you see the radius or not. Also, even if no one else here agreed with me (which they do), there's only about 3 of you arguing me. I'm sorry, but the ESF community consists of just a tiny bit more than 3. You can't really get a realistic measure of demand fro ma small thread like this.

Best answers
Lol trust me to open my mouth like that. But I still think the current explosions look absolutely ****house.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I actually like the spikey ball...it's interesting. The 1.0/1.1 explosions were alright, but their range of damage also wasn't perfect. Plus, whether a poll is put up or not, it is up to the team.

If it pains you that much, close your eyes when your beam detonates. :p

Best answers
too bad they can't make some of the explosions
a combo of the translucent bubble and the HL explosions.
With a scale adjustments to both.

ESF Wolrd has the 1.1 transparent bubble explosions
updated for 1.2

My suggestion is to make it so that the the melee hit limit
can be changed in the game set up menu.
And maybe have a bot cycler to go with the map cycler.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would it be possible to edit the bubble explosion so it would have he look of 1.2's explosion but the shape of 1.1?

Best answers
ESF Wolrd has the 1.1 transparent bubble explosions
updated for 1.2
Are you serious? So you can download bubble explosions for 1.2? I never knew that. Well there's my problem solved. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom