Better explosion sprites.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a huge problem, i think the explosion sprites should be changed. They arent that great looking. And to be specific i mean the final flash and big bang and kameha explosions, yea those.

I think they should be bigger, like ki blasts when they explode, when you nail some1 with an explosion from a kame beam, the current art doesnt even have to be near them and they still die. I think little ki bubble explosion things, or little mushroom clouds (lol) would be a better graphical improvement and add an overall better feel tot he whole dbz groove.

Best answers
hmmm. I like them the way they are. little mushroom clouds? heh maybe the ki blast bubble to look more like when vegeta charged at cell after he killed trunks but is that possible?? I dont know

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they r fine like they are , mushroom clouds would just lag up the game for people with crappy coms , there gpu would have to work to hard if it was a mushroom cloud (to much crap for the gpu to draw)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 had bubble explosions, but they were kinda ugly and hald transparent. In the show, giant blast had semi circle explosions and glowed,so If a spirit bomb or big bang attack hit the ground, there would be a gigant NON TRANSPARENT glowing bubble (according to the blast's color) hurting anything and anyone in it until it shrinks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The mushroom cloud would be good for the one attack that reputably produced it, the Big Bang Attack (that he used to kill Android #19).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yep, the explotions suck.
they must be something like an normal explotion, just like you just nuke someone.
btw, i notised that the spirritbomb doesn't explode but alway's goo's in space and disapear there.

Best answers
if you dont like the explosions.. why not make your own! :)

Best answers
As far as I know, we can't. But yeah, the explosions need work. They look cool the way they are, but the way they grow then shrink to nothing looks crap, and the way the explosions are no bigger than the blast itself looks crap as well. The explosions need to be bigger and more fiery.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can make a better one but a mod must already look good from the beginning, it's just like"here you have the basic, make the rest your self" thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The explosions are the ****! What are you guys talking about, and also, they aren't sprites, they're part of the new particle system.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um sure...

*edits whole thread*

The new particles system sucks. we need better explotion particles...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think that that explosion should be as large as the actual area of damage. That's not how it works, you don't have to be touching the flames of an explosion to feel the force that it exerts. Even if the explosions were as large as the actual area of damage, it wouldn't matter, not like you have a chance to react to the explosion. If someone already detonated the attack, you can't avoid it - you're either dead or alive depending on where you were when it was detonated.

As for the look of the explosions, they look great in my opinion. You may disagree and want something else, but how can you say they suck? They look good, and I'm not even comparing them to the older explosions (which did in fact look horrible compared to these). There's smoke, there's random debreis that go flying, and of course the energy of the explosion. As for the mushroom clouds... ki blasts don't create those, only bigger blasts do. If you're talking about the ki blob (which is the little dome of energy that gets created from firing multiple ki blasts in the same area), that in my opinion looks horrible. They're actually going to improve the way they look in 1.3 anyways. You're asking to replace the bigger beams explosions with that of a ki blast which is the exact same thing, except smaller and without smoke. You're not making much sense.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I Think the bad part of the explosion their talking about is how it's just a glowing spiky shape that grows and then shrinks. I personally think it looks cool when it's giant and light is streming from the sides of objects, but I defiantly think it can be better, because big blast in the show didn't neccesarily blow up like that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea.... they had big massive exploisons in dbz... they wernt.... cute

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think they're cute at all, I think they're badass. The cool thing about these explosions, is they're a little different every time (at least that's what I observed). It's obviously just a matter of opinion, but I think they should be left the way they are.

Light shining through the sides would be cool, but they've tried that before and I beleive it was taken becuase it caused crashing problems. It would be cool if they improved the explosions, but I really don't think it's necessary, or even very possible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of the light already kinda shines on the sides of hills, and buildings

Best answers
I think they should go back to the way they were in 1.0 and 1.1, only those explosions should be tweaked a little.

For example, they should have the bubble explosions, and instead of making them transclucent, make them solid white. Then, have a sprite appear right in the center of the explosion which stretches with the bubble to provide a glow around the bubble. Then, have a second glow sprite, and set it on a horizontal axis so that the glow appears on the ground as well. The result should look something like this:

Now, one of the things about the 1.0/1.1 explosions was the way the weaker explosions expand, then slowly shrink again. Instead of the explosions shrinking, they should fade away at their maximum size. The way the huge explosions worked in 1.0/1.1 were awesome, the way they keep expanding through the whole map.

This would make the explosions way more DBZ realistic, and will be much better than the crappy particle system.

*EDIT: Or a better idea, for the smaller explosions, keep the current particle system, but use the above idea for the big explosions (big bang, spirit bomb, finishing buster etc).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember someone mentioning that they made them translucent becuase it didn't kill FPS, while making them solid did. I'm sure that they could fix it somehow, but bubble explosions just look dumb. How can you be arguing for realism, when you're asking for the explosions to be perfect circles, and to expand across the entire map... that's pretty much the opposite. Right now the explosions have a different shape almost every time they are created, and with the smoke, look much more real than ever before.

Best answers
If you read my post properly, I said DBZ realism. There's a difference. If you watch the show you'll see the big explosions are bubble shaped. Besides as I said, the small explosions should stay the way they are, but the really big ones should be changed to bubble explosions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The current explosion sprite with the bubble layered over it would be cool, instead of the bubble retracting it fades out. Jimesu that sprite pic of yours looks good too, but yeah it does kill FPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom