Beta Testing

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How can I become a beta tester? What is required? I really would like to help and speed up the process...if that is indeed what will come out of my help ,or anyones for that matter....

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I quote the Dev team(Dont come to us we will come to you)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I see.... was there any sort of application? or was there never one

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was one, quite awhile ago. Good luck getting in now.
He's just teasing. There wasn't any official application. There aren't even any official Beta Testers. There are just some Force Pitt members that have certain access to the Build, although i don't know how much. I asked the devs if they would accpet people for Beta testing before but they weren't ready then. So my advise is, stick to the forums, and hopefully one day you will get selected to Beta test once the game is close to completion.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, no I'm not teasing.

There was an Application form, before you registered man. Back in 2009, if I recall correctly, I remember.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's just teasing. There wasn't any official application. There aren't even any official Beta Testers. There are just some Force Pitt members that have certain access to the Build, although i don't know how much. I asked the devs if they would accpet people for Beta testing before but they weren't ready then. So my advise is, stick to the forums, and hopefully one day you will get selected to Beta test once the game is close to completion.
you're incredibly uninformed

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are indeed official beta testers and there have been two or three applications for testers in the past. People posting with a blue name are beta testers, no one who has a green name has access to the dev build. Being a force pitter just means that you donated to the mod and thus get a green name plus access to another forum section.

Being a beta tester is cool and all, but you need a lot of free time and you need to be dedicated and actually find and report bugs or you're not really doing anyone any good. Don't get me wrong, being a tester is awesome, it's an honor to be trusted like that, but again, you're "playing" the game to break it, not to have fun. I think a lot of people just want to become a beta tester to try the game out rather than lend a helping hand.

No idea if they're going to need new testers anytime soon if ever again.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you, i needed to know that. Stop me from ranting in the future.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What info?
that info

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can I become a beta tester? What is required? I really would like to help and speed up the process...if that is indeed what will come out of my help ,or anyones for that matter....
Sub's pretty much got everything covered, the inteam's not much "fun" to play. Some things are instant crashes ^^. There have been times we've spent hours repeating the same thing over and over. It's interesting, but not from a player point of view. Commitment's another issue, testers need to devote a good number of hours to testing and meetings - I've only had a few Sunday evenings to myself in the last 2 years ^^.

Madman's also sort of right. The team will put up the "help wanted" sign when they feel they need to.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub's pretty much got everything covered, the inteam's not much "fun" to play. Some things are instant crashes ^^. There have been times we've spent hours repeating the same thing over and over. It's interesting, but not from a player point of view. Commitment's another issue, testers need to devote a good number of hours to testing and meetings - I've only had a few Sunday evenings to myself in the last 2 years ^^.

Madman's also sort of right. The team will put up the "help wanted" sign when they feel they need to.
That's why you need to live in the better part of the world. Meetings were in the afternoon for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom