Beta Surprise.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi,

I'm just curious what surprised you the most good or bad about the Beta.

for me it was how they released 2.0 of alpha then mostly ditched what they had in the mod so far, and remapped/modelled/codeed/skinned/stuff
about 95% of the mod. I just was expecting the Beta to be similer to the alpha cept for map size and melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought they were kidding on Map size. DAMN THEY'RE HUGE!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would have to say the transformations, i never thought the half life engine could do these type of things. Also, the sound effects and model animations. My mouth dropped when I first heard/saw them.

IMO everything about the BETA surprised me.

Best answers
The most surprising thing about beta 1 is that my PC is not running slow on those huge maps and detailed models and with 32 bots on a server at a resolution of 1200 x 900.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would say the most suprising thing was how nice everything looked, and how big the maps were. And the particle system was just amazing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You Guys Dunno What You're Talking About. The Maps AREN'T Bigger They SEEM Bigger Because They Did A Scale Down On The Models & Others Entities.

Best answers
krillin is preety ugly... (eesh)
but most of everything is good, just that darn disc is still really cheap. Damn u frieza!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
You Guys Dunno What You're Talking About. The Maps AREN'T Bigger They SEEM Bigger Because They Did A Scale Down On The Models & Others Entities.

Are you calling me an idiot. ohh ohh oh ohh. Not body says that to me buddy. I know. Look at the amound of time ive been around here. Now call me an idiot.

Best answers
(man people like to spam & argue.)
anyways an edit to what .FM. said:
right NOW alpha kicks beta 2 curb BUT when we get some bug fixes and updates from the ESF team, it should be an improvement to the game. :smile:
(am I just being overconfident?)

Best answers
I am generally dissapointed at the quality of models and skins... for all models...they take away so much from th game... the tranfomations rock... even though th lightning for goku makes u an easy target for melee ^.^.

Best answers
Alpha was ok, but it missed the melee. Right now, the beta is good, but the melee is too easy to use. Melee depends solely on Ping, screw PL. If i am pingin at 150 and u at 75, ur gonna kick my @$$ all over town. It true. It needs to be fairer.

Best answers
Originally posted by Arthos Returns
Are you calling me an idiot. ohh ohh oh ohh. Not body says that to me buddy. I know. Look at the amound of time ive been around here. Now call me an idiot.

I dont belive the word idiot was used hes just pointing out a fact that some people didnt realize.

Best answers
Why does alpha rock, just curios?, I've only played beta

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by .FM.
alpha owns beta :S
true
me still waiting for aplha 3.0 or 2.1 :D

Originally posted by Zork54
Why does alpha rock, just curios?, I've only played beta