Best guitarist, ever?

Best answers
But what if it's:

Tone, Tone, Semi-Tone Semi-Tone, Tone, Tone, Semi-Tone ?

Huh?

Ever think of that, huh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then it becomes a blues scale, due to the fifth interval being an "accidental" flat note.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
lol...

a major chord is:

Tone, Tone, Semi-Tone, Tone, Tone, Semi-Tone, Tone.

a minor chord is:

Tone, Semi-Tone, Tone, Tone, Semi-Tone, Tone, Tone.

doesnt matter which key its in, its ALWAYS the same.
Erm, yes, yes I know that. Except I was told they are called "Whole steps" and "Half steps". I gotta learn these new lingo's.

I know they're always the same, they'll always go the name of the scale is the first note played, then it goes up 2 whole steps one half step, repeat, so for example the C major scale is C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, A , B, C then goes down back to C two octaves and you land back where you started. (I use C because there are no sharps for flats) Everything is the same for every other major scale except where the sharps and/or flats are and what note it starts on.

Granted you know this (i don't doubt you) but i bring it up because there are all these "major scales" and you say there is only one. That's my question. Which one is the "only major scale" Because all this time when i play scales to warm up, i thought when i was playing the F major scale i was playing a major scale.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Tone" is the term used to describe any given musical note, but without actually naming it. hence why the term is used when discribing a scale with no root note.

steps and half steps are just a variation of the same term.

as for your scale, let me see if i remember..

the A major scale is like this:

A B C D E F G A, which would look something like this in terms of TAB/Notation:

the second line, is if you move the scale up one tone. its still the A major scale, but in the frygian mode (i think... kinda drunk here, maybe majin you would be able to explain better...). playing in different modes, allows you to stay in the key of A (for example the whole piece is in the key of A) but your scale is now in B, yet altogether in the same key.

its weird stuff, and i dunno how it works completely, but i know that side of the technicalities...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
"Tone" is the term used to describe any given musical note, but without actually naming it. hence why the term is used when discribing a scale with no root note.

steps and half steps are just a variation of the same term.

as for your scale, let me see if i remember..

the A major scale is like this:

A B C D E F G A, which would look something like this in terms of TAB/Notation:

the second line, is if you move the scale up one tone. its still the A major scale, but in the frygian mode (i think... kinda drunk here, maybe majin you would be able to explain better...). playing in different modes, allows you to stay in the key of A (for example the whole piece is in the key of A) but your scale is now in B, yet altogether in the same key.

its weird stuff, and i dunno how it works completely, but i know that side of the technicalities...

No no no, i get what you're saying. I know all this already. My question is how is there "only one major scale" when there is the F major scale the C major the D major etc etc. My question is: What is the major scale? What is the one major scale that all the rest are just modes of.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
No no no, i get what you're saying. I know all this already. My question is how is there "only one major scale" when there is the F major scale the C major the D major etc etc. My question is: What is the major scale? What is the one major scale that all the rest are just modes of.
He means that the ONE major scale is the WWHWWWH pattern that the major scale follows no matter what key you are in. When you are playing D major, or C major, or E major, while they all have different notes, they all follow that same WWHWWWH pattern. This "pattern" is the major scale, and it is what all the modes are based off of.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
He means that the ONE major scale is the WWHWWWH pattern that the major scale follows no matter what key you are in. When you are playing D major, or C major, or E major, while they all have different notes, they all follow that same WWHWWWH pattern. This "pattern" is the major scale, and it is what all the modes are based off of.

OOHHHHHHH. Okay, i was just misinterpreting what he was saying then. I thought he was saying there is only one major scale, i didn't know he was talking about the pattern. Okay I'm good. Thanks Hash.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know all that **** already! Troy Stetina ftw!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Troy Stetina is the ****ing WIN!!!!

that guy blows my mind away :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
And Kurt Cobain.. God he was pro :(

R.I.P.

.............I wanted to shoot myself when he was 12th best guitarist or some crap like that....

Kurt Cobain = not pr0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alexi Laiho is a insane shredder too I would consider him a really great guitarist.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hes very quick, but after watching the video he made of them both playing along to vivaldi's four seasons. hes not as clean as the other guitarrist. at all.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The dude from The Darkness

>_>

<_<

!_!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
He's pro >_<
Cobain was a great musician, terrible guitarist. He's the father of Grunge, and 10 years of music centered around his songs and lyrics, but definately not his axe efforts.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
Cobain was a great musician, terrible guitarist. He's the father of Grunge, and 10 years of music centered around his songs and lyrics, but definately not his axe efforts.
quoted for the truth. I love Nirvana and Kurt Cobain, mostly because of grunge music being one of my favorite genre's, but I do agree, he SUCKED with the guitar.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bleh Nirvana = teh sucks.

Eddie van halen is a loser as well. I shun all of you

Esteban is the ****ing man. You don't see Eddie Van Halen with cd's and books on how to play guitar, or kurk cobain. No, you see esteban, that's because that guy can play, and he shows you by writing books. Everyone else just fakes it. Learn to sight play jesus.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, playing by ear > playing by sight.

i dont rate esteban that much. i much prefer players like jason becker...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom