Best Gaming System

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SNES was and still is my favorite console, all the newer ones lack imagination . . . wheee particle effects, allow me to cream myself, please.

SNES had a magical quality, almost 75% of the games for it were not only playable, but completely enjoyable. There was a level of pride for working on that system that simply does not exsist elsewhere. Sony champions game "puppy mills" where the producers are rewarded for pumping out the same crap over and over again. If there's a good game, it will have 3 or 4 sequels out before the end of the platforms cycle. Xbox is all about bling, bling that I have on my PC . . . why pay for another stripped down one? Especially when it can't get people to develop for it.

The Game Cube . . . well, it's just sadness. Nintendo should just do the right thing and not make retarded formats . . . this way people might develop for them again.

Best answers
Yea the snes is by far the best game system ever. But im curious how is the gamecube format retarded? I mean capcom pulled RE off playstation for the gc. Plus is giving alot of support to the system. But yea snes best by far

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you were a developer, would you want to spend the normal amount of money on a DVD, or buy a special, from nintendo only, mini DVD format on top of paying royalties for using that format?

Less disk space = less data space, Nintendo was foolish to do this, as they have once again alienated 3rd party vendors. Xbox did the same thing with their double density format. PS2 has the most games for a reason, and not because it's the most popular with gamers.

Best answers
Xbox followed by Gamecube then PS2. Xbox is graphically the best, it get's the best ports of multi platform games and it has some great original games.
Gamecube doesn't have many games, but the games it does have are truly great, games like Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Twin Snakes are truly some of the best games I've played in recent times.
PS2 doesn't have much going for it anymore, graphics wise it isn't great and games wise it's no longer great as most of it's good games like GTA are now on Xbox. The only thing it's got going for it is DMC3, MGS3 and GTA:SA.
I'm not one to say that the retro consoles are good just because of the nostalgia, the SNES was the best back when I used to play it but now I've played roms recently all the games (except super metroid) are horrific.

Best answers
Yea I like the Xbox best then gamecube then the PS2..
if you ask me the Gamecube is just a way better version of the PS2
and all the PS2 still has going for it is the games it has in it's library

Best answers
XBOX is the best right now... back in the day I liked the SNES, every game was fun just about, super gameboy owned, superscope owned too.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As everyone else in this thread, it's hard not to say that SNES was/is the best gaming system ever. The breadth and quality of all the games that were released are insurmountable by any system today.

I, myself, own a Gamecube. I love it. But as Cuc said, Nintendo did make some silly choices for their newest gaming console. So when you compare Nintendo now (GC) to Nintendo then ( SNES ). It's just sad thinking about it.

But alas, I will always have some special place in my heart for Nintendo. They taught me the joys of video gaming, and every once and a while they remind me why I love them so much. (Metroid Prime, Wind Waker). And as soon as I purchase 4 swords, I'm sure I'll cream my pants.

Best answers
True nintendo did make some bad choices but i dunno and Cuc im sorry if im wrong but it seems to me that your just talking about quantity over quality. Sure ps2 has a bunch of games but not many are really that good. Also system of the now choice for me is Xbox then GC then ps2. (Also im sorry for straying off topic. I really have no desire to see this turn into a console war)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Decline, if you aren't going to read my posts, don't respond to them:

Cucumba said:
Sony champions game "puppy mills" where the producers are rewarded for pumping out the same crap over and over again. If there's a good game, it will have 3 or 4 sequels out before the end of the platforms cycle.
I already said that Sony rewards poor development values, and sadly enough, you aren't facing the facts. In any one year, SCEA has more quality games than Nintendo. Sure, Nintendo has a higher ratio of quality to crap, but they still don't make enough games because they practically punish developers for making GC games. This is exactly the reason Nintendo won't go out of business though, they charge developers alot of money to make games for them, and as a result, they will always have large amounts of capital for game and system development.

Best answers
DankyHoo said:
Yea I like the Xbox best then gamecube then the PS2..
if you ask me the Gamecube is just a way better version of the PS2
and all the PS2 still has going for it is the games it has in it's library

Ps2 is better all around no way GC is better seems GC and 64 have glitchy remotes too ps2 is better because of its games RPGS! and its action games i really dont see any RPG on GC that was real good.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Catman said:
Ps2 is better all around no way GC is better seems GC and 64 have glitchy remotes too ps2 is better because of its games RPGS! and its action games i really dont see any RPG on GC that was real good.
I wouldn't go that far. The GC is plenty good, and would be better if they could get developers to be interested in it. Again, it comes down to quality inspired by the license holder. Nintendo demands it, but doesn't make any efforts to get the developers motivated.

The controlers are just fine o_O

Best answers
Are u sure the remotes are fine because everytime i play super smash bros melee they seem to screw up same with the first super smash bros and other games the person would jump by there self and walk around and stuff.

Best answers
My pad works great, maybe you're just seeing things?

KyoKusanagi

K
I think he's trying to say the GCN controller is not ideal for conventional fighting games. Different sized buttons on the front of a controller don't get the thumbs up from me.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, he just said his characters would randomly walk around and jump . . . probably caused by moving an analog button during boot, used to happen to the N64 controllers.

Though I will agree, most joypads are notorious suck for fighting games. Give me an arcade stick any day.

Anyway, back on topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom