Best Gaming System

Best answers
To me i think that the best system was the Snes because it had the most memorable games to me but what do u guys think?

Retired
Best answers
Dreamcast to be honest, looking at the generation and games.

it was by far the best console in its generation. best graphics. and seriously some of the best games. DOA 2, Soul Caliber, sonic etc, ;)

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PC is the best by far

And if you think otherwise you smell :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
computer

but if u r talking console, u have to go with sega saturn, or dreamcast

although the saturn didnt have very many titles here in america it did have some good games, and the graphics far exceded play stations. compare virtual fighter 2 to tekken 3's, virtual fighter 2 came out way before and still had more vibrant colors and better overal models.

dreamcast is one of my favorite systems ever, but people were stupid and bought into the ps2 hype so dc suffered. the Dc had arcade PERFECT fighter ports, not to mention the first cell shaded game ever made, the controler was nice aswell, the d-pad was raised so u didnt have as much trouble as the psx controller for doing rotations for fighting games. the triggers were also very good because it just fit into your hand. the dc also ran on like a windows system so u could play burnt games without a loader. one of the better features was it was the first to go online, and it was FREE. and lets not forget about the games. the had PSO, jet set radio, grandia2, crazy taxi, soul calibur, mvc2, cvs1, 3rd strike, cvs2, aswell as many other good titles.

Best answers
I say SNES i wouldent really count PC as a gaming system.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's not a gaming system why can you play games on it?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is about systems, and in that aspect the xbox is my vote, it can top the GC and ps2 in every category system wise, (though its a bit limited in games, but thats not what this thread is about, this is about systems)

there were only ever 4 systems that had games i ejoyed, SNES, psx, ps2 and the xbox., ive had about every system known to man, (in fact i still got a working odyssey 2 system) if any you ever heard of that, and im not speaking in a "it was good in its time" sense, but overall, the xbox topples the other systems at the moment, though im sure in the future that the xbox will even be seen as a weak machine, ..

i dont like pcs cuz you hafta worry about system requirements, to play a newer game nowadays for pc you might wind up having to spend 400-500 bucks to even make it playable, you rich kids may like pcs but my poor ass is a console fanboy

If it's not a gaming system why can you play games on it?
geez, some people would consider thier pc a sex toy if they shared that perspective,

Best answers
nuttzy said:
geez, some people would consider thier pc a sex toy if they shared that perspective,
damn!1!

im gonna have to go with the slave box on this one, alex. cant wait till i get enough money to get one.

Best answers
Deverz said:
PC is the best by far

And if you think otherwise you smell :p
yeah the with out the pc there would be no game for console any way so big up the PC

Best answers
well theres no true answer to this thread, everyone will have their own opinion and ive heard some good arguments at school that equaled out the ps2 to the xbox in different ways, dun remember it since it was a while ago lol and im in the summer now so i forgot all about school but yea everyone has their own opinion and arguing over a console about what is better well just not worth the time lol but if i had to say i would say PS2 pwnz xbox over games, and gameplay, but xbox just gets the trophy for hardware and hardware only. please dont bring halo at me lol ive played it for the pc and i got bored after 5 minutes. its an ok game but just not that great.

Best answers
SNES gave me FF4, FF6, CT, Zelda: A link to the past, Secret of Mana and many more.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, that's the pc.
on the xbox is it way better and the loading speed is lower.
the xbox is way better (if i don't count the pc), just look at doa3.
it's the best and most atvanced game ever(they even said in a game book that doa3 is the first game whit realistic moves(if you know what i mean))
and just look at mm3, almost like you're in traffic :D

Best answers
well xbox has good graphics but it lacks games i cant even name 5 good games its had and sorry for the confusion i meant consoles not pc's ;)

KyoKusanagi

K
Game & Watch dammit! nah....

my fave system would have to be the Neo Geo CDX - how about a system where 90% of the games are fighting games :D and the other 10% are shooters :D lol sure it doesn't mean variety but it does mean that when little brats start comparing mascots you only need to say that the mascot for your system is Kyo\Iori Yagami\K' and that'll shut em up.

as far as most influential i'd say the SNES due to the sheer number of great games that you can get on it.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
playstation brought console gaming to a new level

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to go with SNES (Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, and FF's 4 & 6 are unforgettable) ^_^

By the way, let's keep this as clean as possible. State your favourite console, perhaps show some of your rationale, but let's keep this console-war-free, ok?

Best answers
SNES......definetly....classic nintendo gaming goodness with crazy third party development...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom