Best Game Ever Made for PC

Best answers
Xcom 2 or TIE Fighter

Deus Ex is probably the best game I've played in recent years.

Best answers
WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY????????????????

Tetris and Pong
OWN ALL OTHERS

think about it they basically started the gaming revolution (or i just dont know what im talking about) :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody mentioned Deus Ex?!

Best answers
Half-Life.

If Doom started modern gaming, Half-Life perfected it. Half-Life was one of the first games to have scripted events in its single-player story, which was groundbreaking at the time if you think about it. It had a cinematic feel to it. Not only that, but look at all the doors that got opened because of its mod support. All of the other games mentioned may have pioneered other things, but none of those have made the impact that Half-Life has, in my opinion.

But then Valve turns around and drops off little gems like Steam and that internet protocol that was supposed to make 56k feel like a LAN in games, so I don't know if you can call them geniouses, heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halorin said:
But then Valve turns around and drops off little gems like Steam and that internet protocol that was supposed to make 56k feel like a LAN in games, so I don't know if you can call them geniouses, heh.
really? cause i would

they managed to take a complete hold over the online gaming market with one game and they can do stuff like steam and still force people to adapt

so apparently they must be doing something right if they can release bad stuff like steam and still get people to use it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They don't get people to use it, not that many people are on Steam anyway. Look at all the people taking advantage of WON right now. They don't "want" to go to Steam, they have too, because eventually, WON will be destroyed. When that happens, how else are they going to play their favorite online games? They don't like the idea of Steam, they don't like Steam period. But it's the only way to play HL and CS now. (Not now, but very soon)

Best answers
the neverhood... the greatest adventure/puzzle game ever... it's a damn shame i can't find it anywhere...:cry: if anyone has it and wants to sell it, tell me!

and ominion (and all other FT fans, including myself): lucasarts has canceled FT2, unfortunately...:cry:

Best answers
I would have to say tribes, the original, it is massive, and you never have to dl maps to play them, and you can fly, the downside is that all maps have to be made with the same shapes and bases

Best answers
MyStiX said:
They don't get people to use it, not that many people are on Steam anyway. Look at all the people taking advantage of WON right now. They don't "want" to go to Steam, they have too, because eventually, WON will be destroyed. When that happens, how else are they going to play their favorite online games? They don't like the idea of Steam, they don't like Steam period. But it's the only way to play HL and CS now. (Not now, but very soon)
Last night, there was 7,435 Counterstrike servers on Steam with over 20,000 players. Need I say more? Like I said before, no one is forcing you to use Steam yet, it was sketchy the first few days of release because no server can withstand the THOUSANDS of people downloading CS 1.6 and the new versions of Half Life. A few days ago I was on steam and downloading at around 700k/s. I was playing Counterstrike 15 minutes after I downloaded Steam.
I don't know about you, but to me, this is amazing. Valve practically rewrote Half LIfe's entire multiplayer system. They deserve some credit for this. With Steam they should greatly reduce the Hacks that are used. Valve didn't make Steam to piss a whole bunch of people off, thats money wasted and lost. They made it because the same people like you were complaining because you can't JOIN a game without seeing at least one person using hacks. With all this flaming going around towards Steam, people simply forget that it is Valve that brought them Half Life to begin with. It is THEIR product and they should be able to do whatever the hell they want with it.

Best answers
Best PC game ever made? Common, you all know its Fallout (1, 2, & Tacticts). Its so great in gameplay, and it only uses a minimal of 32 megs (Fallout2). I could fit that on my mp3 player for cryn out load. I even tried to, but the darn thing converted the zip into an audio file and i couldn't put it on my labtop :\ . I know, everbody wants 3D, but big woop, i'm into the classic 2d/CG games that are long and worth playing (singleplayer wise). You don't agree with me... too-bad.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed. Add Fallout2 to my original list of Deus Ex/Thief series/MDK2.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
FF7 is definatly not the best PC game IMO. For one it had MIDI files, instead of the actual songs that were on the much better PSX version. I was so disapointed to hear a MIDI version of the Sephiroth song on the PC version, it was incredibly annoying and stupid.

In my opinion, the best PC game out now would probably be Half Life, Quake 1, or Doom.

GRRRRRRR =P
i say that FF 7 is the best game, its better then all the other FF's that were on PC (or Playstation or Playstation 2)
The graphics and sound maybe were not that good, but it sure had a good story line

i wished they would make a remake for the game, i would really buy it better graphics and sounds SWEET!!! ^_^

Best answers
Hah.. It almost seems like Hibiki chases down every one of my posts or threads to try to argue anything I say. I have a stalker! :]

And actually, since you want to run so off topic with this, Half-Life is only as popular as it is because of Counter-Strike, a game Valve did nothing to do to create, but jumped on the bandwagon because they saw dollar bills. Any gaming company would have did the same, so I guess they're all geniuses, too. That basically is the going surge for the game and the engine right now, and it has been since about Beta 4. But let's try to stay on topic, and stay off your never-ending crusade to slander me about everything I say. Get a new hobby, please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Last night, there was 7,435 Counterstrike servers on Steam with over 20,000 players. Need I say more? Like I said before, no one is forcing you to use Steam yet, it was sketchy the first few days of release because no server can withstand the THOUSANDS of people downloading CS 1.6 and the new versions of Half Life. A few days ago I was on steam and downloading at around 700k/s. I was playing Counterstrike 15 minutes after I downloaded Steam.
I don't know about you, but to me, this is amazing. Valve practically rewrote Half LIfe's entire multiplayer system. They deserve some credit for this. With Steam they should greatly reduce the Hacks that are used. Valve didn't make Steam to piss a whole bunch of people off, thats money wasted and lost. They made it because the same people like you were complaining because you can't JOIN a game without seeing at least one person using hacks. With all this flaming going around towards Steam, people simply forget that it is Valve that brought them Half Life to begin with. It is THEIR product and they should be able to do whatever the hell they want with it.
Hah! That is nothing compared to how many WON servers there are/was. What I was trying to say is, compare Steam servers/players with WON servers/players. People don't want to go to Steam, they are just being forced to.

Best answers
I'd like Steam and everything it stood for.. if it worked. That's basically the gist of how I feel about the program. It sounds good on paper, but the execution is all wrong. People can't even name their ESF servers, so I've heard. They shouldn't add something that will break something as simple as naming a server. Stuff like that is just inexcusable, to me. It's like say if your father lets you drive his (insert nice sports car here), and then after a while he's like, 'Get a feel for this new (same sports car, but a newer year).' So you hop in the car, and there's no steering wheel, no driver's seat, no speedometer. They're all still in production, but that father of yours isn't giving you much choice in what to drive. So it's basically a trade-off of functionality and presentation. I'd rather have HL's current ghetto-looking font if I won't have any problems with servers and lag. Giving me a buggy IM menu in game just doesn't seem worth the aggrevation if I already have something that looks nice enough and works correctly. Fix your fundamentals, Valve! ;(

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Coming back on topic about the best game made ever...

I had a lot of candidates in mind - but I'm going to name a new game as the best one now. It's called HomeWorld 2. I am not judging the games by how popular they got... but by the effort that was built in making the game. HomeWorld 2 defines a new age of gaming graphics. The way that game integrates 3D graphics, strategy, instant zooming, action, everything... it's just top class! :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom