Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samurai Showdown

• Other "sorry if I left you out"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
I was never into fighting games much...I liked KOF from coin-ops and Toshinden (from GB ;) ), and i never liked street fighter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me looks at KyoKusanagi...

Bleh, I cant beleive King of Fighters only got 1 vote (My vote).
As much as I like Street Fighter and Guilty Gear I like the KOF series the most (I dont like 01-02 that much though). But the stylish moves and the character designs just own. Especially the Artwork on some of the games and the bosses are just too hard which makes great competition. I remember when I first place 98 and 02 I enjoyed getting my ass handed to me by Rugal. And Krizalid is probably the only boss who didn't counter every of your moves... atleast not 100% of the time.

In Street Fighter the bosses are equal to you, the only Boss in the SF Series that probably is somewhat challenging is Gill from 3S. Guilty Gear X2 was fun for a while but I out played it with my friends here at school. I find myself playing CVS2 more often again cause I like the Match-ups of Capcom and SNK characters. Plus the design for Ken and Ryu are best, atleast in my opinion. In CVS2 they look more serious and they actually look like Ken and Ryu (as far as the comic book goes). In 3rd strike its like Ken has the body of his younger self and the face of his older self. I donno. I just prefer um in CVS2.

Anyway, KOF all the way :p

EDIT: I noticed The Last Blade didn't get a vote either... This is why polls like this need multiple choices :p

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Guilty Gear without a doubt, awesome graphics and fighting engine.

Best answers
Street fighter :) caus its the only 2d one i can play without getting my ass handed to me on a plate.

KyoKusanagi

K
G-Gear#666
You forget that KOF is probably one of the least known (in the western world) of fighting game series. people have at least heard of Samurai Showdown but when u mention KOF to your average gamer or to someone working at K-Mart, they'll go "WTF? KOF - never heard of it? Don't you mean Street Fighter"

Best answers
It's King of Fighters for me all the way (hence my sig) but I think Capcom vs SNK is also the coolest. WHY didn't they make a PC version ???

Best answers
Haven't played too many of those, so I'll just say Mortal Kombat. Gallons upon gallons of blood. And NOTHING beats them Fatalities.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amayirot Akago said:
Haven't played too many of those, so I'll just say Mortal Kombat. Gallons upon gallons of blood. And NOTHING beats them Fatalities.
The Fatalities are probably the only things that make you want to play. Mortal Kombat Deception is a pain in the ass to play, and its so slow paced that the only way it can be fast paced is if you get a cheap character like noob-smoke.

Deception doesn't have that many unique fatalities either, if you notice most of them involve ripping off the characters head, big woop. What happened to bodies being chewed up and spitted out? Or Screechings that would tear the skin right out of your characters body? In deception I can only remember 1 fatality where the body actually gets cut in half. And I forgot who's fatality that was... I know your probably talking about the 2D Version (seeing as how this thread is based on 2D Games), I just wanted to let everyone know that the 2D MK was the best :p

KyoKusanagi said:
G-Gear#666
You forget that KOF is probably one of the least known (in the western world) of fighting game series. people have at least heard of Samurai Showdown but when u mention KOF to your average gamer or to someone working at K-Mart, they'll go "WTF? KOF - never heard of it? Don't you mean Street Fighter"
Thats true, but all you really need to tell them is "Terry Bogard is in it" and they immediately think of Fatal Fury :p. I know Fatal Fury was a hit here in the states... Even though the AI was so frustrating to fight, it was non-stop zoning, every character in that game played like Ryu >_< and Geese was just the lamest.

Anyway, many people have heard of KOF, however, many still prefer Street Fighter... I guess its like the battle between Tekken and Virtua Fighter... VF is popular there... Tekken is popular here... Bleh...

KyoKusanagi

K
Thats true - Fatal Fury 1 and 2 were quite big on Genesis\Megadrive and to a lesser extent on SNES.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
StreetFighter all the way. It has pretty much everything a fighter should have. Fast pace, many different combos, unique characters, good playability, easy to learn, hard to master.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well as i've always said... The development team behind King of Fighters should join up with Capcom... Atleast like that their games will be known a little more :p

Just as long as the characters look like their supposed to looks. I hate the changes that the Street Fighter characters have gone through. So far the best versions of Ryu, Ken and Akuma are probably in Capcom vs. SNK 2... In

3rd Strike Ken looks like a baby face and he doesn't look all that threatning, Same goes for Ryu only Ryu has another dumb feature (choose him in Default and he has navy blue hair in some areas of his head).

Ken, Ryu and Akuma look more serious in CVS2. And I really didn't like that teenager look they had in Alpha (even though they were supposed to be teenagers in the Alpha series... still). And I guess the good ol' SFII look was alright. Not bad but not as good as the CVS2 look :p.

I cant wait till the day that Shingo and Dan face each other :D Also Capcom should just stop worrying about ripping off other peoples ideas and implement running in their SF games... Thats another reason why I like KOF... Dashing at the wrong time can make you eat a certain move (usually projectiles) but if you run you can quickly stop and block.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well... isn't SNK vs Capcom basically that? I'm not sure as to who made the game, but It's got the features of both games right?

Anyways, I agree they all looked the best in SVC2, but I really don't mind the way they look in 3rd strike either. I haven't played SVC2 in a while, but I know both games are very detailed, while in alpha the graphics are kind of lame.

When it comes to which streetfighter is the best... I can't even pick just one, it depends on what I'm looking for.

3rd strike - probably my favorite right now, becuase the parrying and combo system put together make it very strategic.

alpha series - 2nd favorite, very fast paced, and the combo system allows more hits, making the game extremely hard to play against a worthy opponent.

SVC2 - Comes in third, but it's still an awesome game. What can I say, has a little of everything, parry groove, rage gauge, alpha groove... etc and you get to play as the KOF fighters as well, you basically can't go wrong with that. Also, this way if someone tries to prove to me that an KOF character is better than a SF character, I can promptly kick their ass and show them the light.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually everyone always says that the top tiers of CVS2 are usually the Capcom Characters while some KOF Characters are just mid tier characters... Thats why I dont beleive in Tiers.

People claim that Blanka is the best in the game, they just dont know how to avoid him. He can be countered in so many ways, especially since he is predictable in both rush down and zoning games.

A shoryuken or a jab can stop his roll. Hese like a fat and more powerful Dhalsim. From what i've seen so far... Best SF Characters in CVS2:

Blanka (Their are people that know how to use him effectively :p)
Vega
Sagat
Ken (Hese considered a Mid-Tier but if you rush down nicely hese hard to beat)
E. Honda (Depending on your opponent, his Head-tackle attack is almost invincible)
Balrog (People say his Lvl3

There are probably some Capcom Characters that I forgot, cant remember the rosters right now...

For KOF:

Geese
Mai (Considered Mid-Tier even though she has proven to be good)
Joe (Considered Mid-Tier even though his Tiger Kick actually gives him invisiblity frames)
Terry (Also considered Mid-Tier)
Rugal (Hese considered Mid-Tier too, but Zoning is his only game)
Hibiki (She's weak but she has got alot of reach and poking games with her light/medium punch)
Nakoruru (Probably the most annoying character in the game but there is only one strategy you gotta use to beat her)

Best answers
Guilty Gear is mad fun. But I'd have to give it to Street Fighter for good classic battles.

Best answers
isn't bison also conidered top tier, i know i can't stand fighting him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
G-Gear#666 said:
Actually everyone always says that the top tiers of CVS2 are usually the Capcom Characters while some KOF Characters are just mid tier characters... Thats why I dont beleive in Tiers.

People claim that Blanka is the best in the game, they just dont know how to avoid him. He can be countered in so many ways, especially since he is predictable in both rush down and zoning games.

A shoryuken or a jab can stop his roll. Hese like a fat and more powerful Dhalsim. From what i've seen so far... Best SF Characters in CVS2:

Blanka (Their are people that know how to use him effectively :p)
Vega
Sagat
Ken (Hese considered a Mid-Tier but if you rush down nicely hese hard to beat)
E. Honda (Depending on your opponent, his Head-tackle attack is almost invincible)
Balrog (People say his Lvl3

There are probably some Capcom Characters that I forgot, cant remember the rosters right now...

For KOF:

Geese
Mai (Considered Mid-Tier even though she has proven to be good)
Joe (Considered Mid-Tier even though his Tiger Kick actually gives him invisiblity frames)
Terry (Also considered Mid-Tier)
Rugal (Hese considered Mid-Tier too, but Zoning is his only game)
Hibiki (She's weak but she has got alot of reach and poking games with her light/medium punch)
Nakoruru (Probably the most annoying character in the game but there is only one strategy you gotta use to beat her)

I pretty much agree with you, there are no teirs, everyone can pretty much counter anything with what they have. As long as they know what to do. Hell, 90% of the time it doesn't have to be a special move, it can just be a jab or an overhead punch. Also, as long as you can use the c-groove, anything is possible to counter, everything.

I'm pretty confident that I can beat anyone with ryu though.. I've never really played anyone that could wipe the floor with me. Sure I lose from time to time, but it's almost always a very close battle. I was actually thinking about getting into a tournament of some sort with some of my friends, but I've been extremely busy lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom