Berserk

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, I found the complete series of Berserk on my bros desk (tv desk.) I'm like hell, did he buy this? I found out that this was his friends, so I had to try it out. I'm only on episode 8 or 9, but I'm hooked. This has to be one of the best animes ever. Now, I'm not much of a fan of animes anymore, but I am very impressed. The storyline is great just like NGE.

Spoilers, highlight to read, (ending spoil, don't get pissed at me if you hightlight this, it's your fault if you do.): I really didn't get the ending. Because The band of the Hawks, basicly all die, when Griffith basicly goes into hell. Everyone does, like all animes. But it was confusing. Was there a movie for Berserk after the series ended? Because when he takes the black lady, think she was black and starts like.. touching her D: Guts goes insane and screams. After the ending song plays, it seems he returns to the real world and exits the room, where some forger forges his sword. I was quite confused on that part. Can anyone fill me in, on how he returned, and what he did to him?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yeah berserk rox xD oh and for your question :
The "black girl" is called Kjaskar . if you watched all episodes then youll see that she and guts fall in love later in the series thats why he gets pissed n stuff.as for the endingt itself you need to watch the 1. episode cuase the whole series is just a flashback of what happened and how guts became th"black swordsman" and well at the point the anime end on tis point the manga goes on. sohing how guts is trying to find griffith or lets say "Femto" .
and that forger is a guy guts meets later on whats not showed in the mangas. he takes care of him and his gradnchild or daughter if i remember him and well ...he provides guts with swords xD you should really watch all episods or else you really miss a lot

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OHHHH, at episode one, that was the same forger at the end of the last episode. So, the way beggining where we first see this mysterious forger, basicly doesn't get shown in a long time I guess. Then at the end, it goes back to episode one, and shows the part where he forges, I guess D: I'm only on episode 11 or 10.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The anime is basically 1/4 of the manga which is probably why everything doesn't make complete sense. Read the manga, the art is much more astounding and beautiful. It's my favourite manga, it's just so capitivating and emotional. A great read.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
The anime is basically 1/4 of the manga which is probably why everything doesn't make complete sense. Read the manga, the art is much more astounding and beautiful. It's my favourite manga, it's just so capitivating and emotional. A great read.
Yep, if they continued the show, they'd be on like episode 280 or 300 or something D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny you'd mention Berserk, I watched all the episodes starting from Ep 6 yesterday (I just picked a random number, which happened to be 6. I've seen the show before so I already know what it's about and such. :p), then got hooked again and decided to watch the whole thing.

I have 9 volumes of the Manga, and I can say that it is indeed better than the anime. Yes, that's possible. :p Lots of characters in the manga never appear in the anime. I'm glad I watched the anime first, then got started on the manga. Each new manga is filled with new surprises for me. :p

Best answers
Yes, Berserk is fantastic. I've said it a million times already, but it's tied with Gungrave as my favourite anime. I love the deep relationships between characters, as they're done incredibly believeably and I found it somewhat easy to relate to the different characters. I've not read the manga yet, as to be honest, I'm not a big fan of manga. I do hope they continue it one day, but chances are I'll force myself to read the manga before that happens.

Best answers
Lord Killmore, I don't really know what your talking about, but I'll try to answer your question a little, better than Killmore.

Spoilers...
When Griffith's Behelit (necklace with the messed up face) started to cry, that means that the "Godhand" comes to earth and makes sacrifices of all the people, in this case, all of the hawks were sacrificed. In the manga, Guts and Caska survived the sacrifice. Guts grew to love Caska and Griffith was INSANE after Guts left him to go on his own, and thats why Griffith raped Caska right in front of Guts just to piss him off. The beginning episode, would be episode 90 of the real anime, but the series was never finished. Guts grows up to be the "Black Swordsman" to go around and kill all the people that hold Behelit's and were turned into giant monsters, just like Griffith was a monster because he held a behelit.

If you have anymore questions, just ask and I'll try to answer them. I've been reading the manga, but I'm on chapter like 18 or 19.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh... that's why he killed that guy with that little necklace at the first episode. I get it now, thanks alot, Draylock. I feel like wanting to order the whole Berserk manga now, lol :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhhh draylock, griffith didnt do that just to piss caska off, he did it to produce an entity in the physical world, capable of carrying him over

as for guts killing the guy with the behelit in ep.1 in the manga there is a character called skull knight, who collects those. he figured out a way to hurt the god hand by using them, so i suspect that guts has a similar idea. that, and he just wants to kill every apostle.

i cant wait for his next fight with zoddo, now he has the berserk armour, i think zoddo might find it a bit more challenging, and gurenbeld is going down hardcore o/

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
uhhh draylock, griffith didnt do that just to piss caska off, he did it to produce an entity in the physical world, capable of carrying him over

as for guts killing the guy with the behelit in ep.1 in the manga there is a character called skull knight, who collects those. he figured out a way to hurt the god hand by using them, so i suspect that guts has a similar idea. that, and he just wants to kill every apostle.

i cant wait for his next fight with zoddo, now he has the berserk armour, i think zoddo might find it a bit more challenging, and gurenbeld is going down hardcore o/
Very true, however it was also meant to torment Guts after Griffith found out Caska and Guts had something going on, otherwise he would've killed Guts before that. He did not just use her to "reproduce" =p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just finished the show o/ I still don't get how Guts got out of hell D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
killmore said:
The hell? What kinda sub did you watch berserk under? :p

Her name is Caska (in other subs i've seen its Casuka).

SPOILER:

Think of the first episode, as the last episode.

/SPOILER

The manga continues the berserk series, and Somewhere in the manga comes the dreamcast game - SWORD OF THE BERSERK, and after the Game the Manga continues.

Its been a long time since I kept up with the Berserk manga, i've forgotten how far I went, but I want to play that Berserk game by Sammy that was released for PS2 in Japan (wish that was a english port).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the ps2 game of berserk is nothing short of amazing, it starts around volume 18, and finishes around volume 28 of the manga =]

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
the ps2 game of berserk is nothing short of amazing, it starts around volume 18, and finishes around volume 28 of the manga =]
/me begs Axeh to borrow his ps2 and the game =x

I've seen all the trailers and they keep turning me on \o/

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
I've played it at Abunai a few months back, and I agree, it RAWKS. Nothing like chopping up icky monsters with Guts' hugeass sword :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I was reading up about this series, and from what I read (about 5 paragraphs, 4 at start, 1 at end), the story just seems like something Tolkien would write. TOTALLY AWESME.

Quote - Some Webpage
Anger like that does not come naturally, you have to be scorned, victimized and betrayed in the worst way imaginable by a person who you considered a brother. To level of insanity can such anger only be achieved, bent on revenge he aims to kill Femto and his God hand friends. << Spoiler

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could one of you who've read the manga spoil how Guts gets out of hell, and what happens to him and Caska after that? It's kind of unlikely that I'll ever be able to get the manga, but the story's driving me crazy now... they left off at a lame spot. Also, is the manga finished?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom