• Gatorade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheese

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Ok the new features of the beam struggle and how it works are pretty cool.. but once your out of ki =| the fun is over...

example.. Me and Dark psed for spunky's video... we struggled for a while and at the end when the beam was moving fairly slow.. i ran out of ki.. I had to sit there and wait 2 minutes for the beam to get to my side and end my fate..

I thought this "waiting period" is lame so this is what i came up with..

How it works:
1) Once a player has run out of ki during a beam struggle the player has the option to continue struggling with the beam manually..
2) To struggle manually press left then right over and over and over fast enough to fill the the "energy push bar" to a spot where you see fit, then to use it, press forward to do an energy push manually.(using the manual push takes away from stamina, which lasts alot longer then the ki)
3) The catch is if you stop creating ki by pressing left and right over and over.. the bar begins to deplete... and the longer you hold energy up the harder it becomes to keep it up, meaning the faster you have to press left-right,left-right..( So the goal of a pro would be to time the pushes, instead of pushing all out )
4) This idea eliminates the .. standing still moments... when you wait... and wait.. and wait.......... for the beam to reach your side..
5) and if a beam struggle manages to last long enough where run out of stamina, (this part of this idea im still thinking about)

Best answers
Buttonbashing can be scripted, I think we'll just let ki slowly grow in flight or possibly just in the ps, like it does on the ground to prevent waiting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try psing with a gen beam on the ground. If you play it smart, you never run out of ki, even during turbo mode. Jinx and I psed for over 10 minutes. Maybe that should change.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about when u run out of KI, you go to your stamina pool where when you charge, it would drain x1.5 or x2 the amount from your ki pool.. once that's depeleted it goes to your HP

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
how about simply speeding up the struggles head speed by 200% or so?
Just a quick thought :p

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought this "waiting period" is lame so this is what i came up with..

How it works:
1) Once a player has run out of ki during a beam struggle the player has the option to continue struggling with the beam manually..
2) To struggle manually press left then right over and over and over fast enough to fill the the "energy push bar" to a spot where you see fit, then to use it, press forward to do an energy push manually.(using the manual push takes away from stamina, which lasts alot longer then the ki)
3) The catch is if you stop creating ki by pressing left and right over and over.. the bar begins to deplete... and the longer you hold energy up the harder it becomes to keep it up, meaning the faster you have to press left-right,left-right..( So the goal of a pro would be to time the pushes, instead of pushing all out )
4) This idea eliminates the .. standing still moments... when you wait... and wait.. and wait.......... for the beam to reach your side..
5) and if a beam struggle manages to last long enough where run out of stamina, (this part of this idea im still thinking about)
personally i like VideoJinx's idea! :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but harsens is right, it can be scripted

an addon to the idea

as your pressing whichever button your supposed to use to convert energy to stamina (which i suggest as being the right and left mouse buttons) you to into a sequence of powerup such as like what happens when you charge a swoop

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about simply speeding up the struggles head speed by 200% or so?
Just a quick thought :p
this is the only way and the ground sould drail ki to not like in the air but it sould drain like in 1.2

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea beams move kind of slow, maybe they should just speed up over time? Or just be faster overall.

The topic: nah, basically your forcing people to press left/right over and over. I would rather have another strategic idea put in place during the "waiting game" then mashing buttons. (script can be used anyway).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being 200% faster would make it really hard to ever get into a ps with a chance of victory though.

It would make more since if both sides run out of energy and the beam isn't moving over X speed then it should just detonate. Closer to what happened in the show when two beams of about equal power collide.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i still say if you run out of ki, u can still pump by going to your stamina pool, then ultimately to your health pool

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i still say if you run out of ki, u can still pump by going to your stamina pool, then ultimately to your health pool
I agree with the Stamina Pool, but not with the Health pool. You'd just kill yourself rather then winning.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hrm the idea of The beam head gradually getting faster sounds good.

but hrm....

you'de need to make it so players could gradually KI-Push faster..

Hrmm.. here is a twist on the idea of beam struggling ^^

Ok 2 players engage in a beam struggle.. the winning beam will automaticly slow down to a slow movement.. until either player pushes..

1)After engaging in a beam struggle a Mouse appears on both player's screen, telling them to click mouse2 repeatedly.

2)To ki push, a player must right-click repeatedly to increase the speed of *filling up the ki-push bar*. "rate of ki pushing"

3)After so long the mouse will disapear and the word FIRE!! will appear on the screen. players will then be aloud to use mouse 1 to fire..

when the player clicks mouse1 the character's ki-push bar will begin to fill up automaticly..(the bar fills up faster or slower, depending on how fast mouse2 was clicked)
and when its at its max it will automaticly fire..

4)When both pushes meet the Mouse appears on the screen telling both player to click mouse2 repeatedly, and the cycle starts over.

5)When both players ki push is *fired* the winning push move further down the beam while losing pusher will considerably slows down the winning push after they meet. How far the distance of the winning push moves after touching the losing push, gets great and greater each "stage/level/round"
this way the beam will gradually get faster and faster making a very interactive and very possibly, an Intensive beam struggle

6)As for eye candy, on the very last push there could be a camera on the beam head, that locks on the player the beam is moving to. Which gives the victor a sense of pride, and the whole ps a cinematic touch.

Best answers
some good ideas :

==instead of some freaky balls, make beam larger when pump the bs ( like DBZ)
==when a beam come near a light appear (kame-blue light mouth-pink light blablabla) like solar flare

who like the ideas?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Also.. to add on to that,

The power level of each player would determine how long it takes for the beam to slow down to slow movement so the struggle can begin..

as for "ki". It can be used in a "rage push", an all out power push that not only speeds up the beam even more but it over powers the other push except for another "rage push". Rage pushes not only affect your ki, but your stamina as well.

(deciding on how a rage push could work)

Stamina is what allows you to even struggle once your out of this.. the beam head will automaticly speed up as your beam becomes thinner.
The stamina doesn't drain to fast.. It shoud probably drain x2 or x3 faster then when floating in the air.

Best answers
why not make it that

1st: PS doesn't take that much ki
2nd: Beams in PS move somewhat quiker
3rd: if you run out of KI, you switch to ur stamina bar
4th: if both players are out of KI and Stamina the struggle will continue moving for 5 or 10 secs, if still no1 'won' the struggle, the beams will explode.. end of struggle

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
why not make it that

1st: PS doesn't take that much ki
2nd: Beams in PS move somewhat quiker
3rd: if you run out of KI, you switch to ur stamina bar
4th: if both players are out of KI and Stamina the struggle will continue moving for 5 or 10 secs, if still no1 'won' the struggle, the beams will explode.. end of struggle
You like the current beam struggling =| ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with the Stamina Pool, but not with the Health pool. You'd just kill yourself rather then winning.
you choose to use your health pool.. for instance both players are empty on stamina and the big beam is coming your way, you sacrifice a chunk of health to pump into the beam and it moves to your opponent's direction and blows him up

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually really like the idea of it going from ki to stamina to health. From a logical standpoint, it'd be your desperate attempt to overcome your enemy by giving it everything you have, including your very life force.

As for the rapid clicking idea...well....I don't like it at all. To me, it seems like it's needlessly complex, and it just slows down the game. In fact, most of your ideas, Jinx, seem to slow down the game. I don't want to stand still clicking over and over again. I just want to shoot my beam, struggle, end it, and get back into the fray. To have to engage in a system that is almost as mind-numbingly slow and boring as advanced melee doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure you're going to say, "No man! It's really fast!". If it's as fast as it would need to be to not hinder the game, then we wouldn't be able to click fast enough to make anything happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom