Beamjump bug

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I searched and didn't see this mentioned.. and mantis seems to be down for now so I thought I'd mention it.

Sometimes when you beamjump, the beamhead doesn't stay on the spot you jsut beamjumped from, it will be somewhere else and your original beamjump origin will just have the bend of the beam there. I noticed earlier today that the beamhead actually goes to the last place you were standing or the last place you beam jumped. Don't know if this helps, but might as well post it.

Best answers
yeah i saw that as well usually happens when your close to a wall and you beam jump while still moving fast :p

Best answers
this is an old bug, supposibly fixed, I still have it as well in esf 1.2.1 and also in 1.2!!!
+ sometimes the beamhead change\doesnt change its location but the place where it exploads sometimes is in the top of the map instead of the area I started to beam jump from
so in other words the beamhead change its location but the sprite that shows the beamhead doesnt change its location at all
either way I just pointed the team to a new\old bug that wasnt reported and is related to this topic...
also - it was in esf since beamjump was possible - since 1.1!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I reported this during 1.2 moderator testing. But I don't think they really saw it as a huge problem to tackle compared to fixing advanced melee. It doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't really effect the gameplay. I'll put it on Mantis though, just incase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom