Beam cam

Best answers
Either an option you set (beam_cam 1/0) or a button you press which, when you fire a beam that causes you to be stationary until it explodes, has the view follow the front of the beam, for easier steering.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why someone would search for posting a siggestion is stupid, so i dont know why people still say that crap.
anyway, having a beam cam is kind of....not needed. if your crosshair turning red cant tell you if youre aimed right or not, i dunno what the peoblem is. yea beam cams might be kind of cool to use every now and then. but i dont see it as something that needs to be added, not anytime soon anyway.

Best answers
Search is there so you can see if your question is already anwsered.

Seeing that a suggestion is also some sort of a question you use the search button and see if something simular to your suggestion has already been suggested and denied/aproved.

i dont know what crap youre talking about but search works on every forum.

Best answers
I had, in fact, searched for beam view, beam camera, and beam cam, and none came up with any results, thus making your suggestion of using search just a pointless waste of time and effort. Shock shock, I'm not stupid.

As for reason for it, sometimes if they're far away, it's hard to tell if you've passed them or not, and so far I haven't found a way to turn the beam back around without actually turning yourself around, meaning you have to move your target out of view.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's actually a good idea. Good job proving youself too Raven ><. I think it would be cool if it was something like a when you right-click with a redeemer in UT2003. I know what you mean too, I always pass up people who are far away, they dodge it by moving then I can't tell how far they are o_O

Best answers
I can see people just using this to detonate beams NEAR people on the other side of the map.

Best answers
If I wanted to explode beams near people, I don't need the cam. I can judge around when my beam will be near enough to blow it up, but I'd rather hit them, or be more certain if I actually will hit them so I don't need to take the time to charge up another beam.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough about the search button. If you aren't sure, perhaps you should search yourself before telling someone else to do it. I don't remember seeing it suggested before, and I've been on the forum for over a year.

Best answers
Actually it has been suggested before but I think it might be in the archive as opposed to still on the forum...but anyways

Beam cam is fairly unnecessary, not only would your beam have exploded most of the time before you can even switch to the mode, it would create problems with beam snipers. Honestly, everyone wants this mod to be like DBZ...do you think that Goku or Vegeta could see with some kind of beam cam vision? I don't.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
god idea but it has a downside to if you are in the cam you dont sea that someone is fiiring a beam at you
with this camera that is now you can detonate the beam and get out of the way or block
how about just opening a window with the beam camera (like the rear view mirror) since you dont nead the whole screan to aim
example:

||||||||||||||||
||||\\\\\\\||||||
||||\\\\\\\||||||
||||\\\\\\\||||||
||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||

|-normal screan
\- inserted beam camera screan
ofcourse this only pops up when a controlable beam is fired (and it should only be big enough to know where the beam is going)

Best answers
Sure, maybe Goku or Vegeta couldn't see where their beams were going. However, they also didn't need to spin their whole body around in circles to be able to steer it.

Best answers
that might be a good idea actually. im worried about lag though having a second view on the same screen.

Best answers
Actually, most people are very poor at detonating their beams from one side of the map to the other. It's very hard to judge depth.

Best answers
i remember nuttzy told me he beta tested for a dbz mod like this. He said it was very good, since you remain stationary when you shoot a beam anyways.

Sound Artist
Best answers
I suggested a zoom function similar to Q3, i used to use it all the time for those big maps in bfp..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom