Battlefield Heroes Released

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DICE's free-to-play web-based multiplayer shooter Battlefield Heroes, originally expected to launch last summer, is now available for all to play via BattlefieldHeroes.com.

Players can also use real-world currency to purchase a variety of in-game items and bonuses, including the ability to "level up faster [or] get Valor Points (VP) faster," new clothes, "ultra exclusive limited-edition items," and special emotes. To buy content, you must first purchase the virtual "Battlefunds" currency available in $5 (700 Battlefunds), $10 (1400 Battlefunds), $20 (2800 Battlefunds) and $50 (7000 Battlefunds) bundles.
Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59283

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cant get it to install :/

whats so wrong with download > install? this firefox bull**** is silly...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Knowing EA, a new special limited edition item will probably cost you those 700 Battlefunds...

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played in the Closed / Open beta(Wasn't hard to get into).

It's simply copying TF2's style and trying to reinvent an older game to be more silly.

It was kinda fun, but I don't see this game as long term. It has very little content, even for a free game.(Less than GunZ, and that's from a no name Korean company!)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cant get it to install :/

whats so wrong with download > install? this firefox bull**** is silly...

Same. Trying it on IE and its not working either.

I think its just an updater that its allowing to downloader.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus...what was wrong with the whole 'double click on the .exe file to start the game'. No they had to think of an entire Play Now button in your browser...and it won't even start the game, because the website constantly times out. The person who ever thought of this should be shot.

Twice.

Edit:

And see, this is exactly the lameness I had suspected from EA:

QUESTION
<!-- div for question details --> I took off all my Hero's clothes. But when I enter the game, I'm fully clothed again. What's the deal?

<!-- div for question area --> <!-- div for answer label --> ANSWER
<!-- div for answer details --> Even if you strip off all of your Hero's clothing, your character will, by default, have the items applied to his empty slots when he enters the game.
If you want to play the game without a shirt, or in your underwear, you will need to purchase the Naked Chest and/or Naked Legs items from the Store and equip them in the appropriate slot.
To strip yourself of equipment. You have to buy 'stripped' clothing. While shooting the guy above, please shoot anyone who works at EA as well. Thank you.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might try this, might not. I dislike the style because it looks very similar to TF2's. The game play is pretty horrible from what I've heard, and it just looks like another Battlefield game to me.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I absolutely loath games that you install to your harddrive, yet have to start the game through the website. That usually entails really shoddy coding that slows things down. I assume it's to prevent you from using a 3rd party program to play the game for you or something...

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Battlefield Heroes made me break my old LCD and keyboard. I hate that game ;(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
how could i forget about that xD
well, thanks for reminding me

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
They mentioned on their video site that the game is about playing with people with the same skill as you. I've played it a few weeks ago before it went public, and I have to say I saw a lot of people with a lot more skill points, abilities and levels than me. I kept dying.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its fun for a week. Then it sucks...

Gamers - Desire (Host)
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Meh.. suxx.. same like Quake 3 Arena online blabla x.x
Can't even us my own nickname, I hate it how people copy my nick after years... >_<...

Best answers
It seems like a pretty decent game, like the style of it, but ... third person? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom