Battlefield 2142... Release Date!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DICE and EA Extend Battlefield 2142 Beta, Open 10,000 Seats to Public

The Battlefield 2142 public beta period has been extended until Tuesday, September 12. In addition, due to the overwhelming response to the beta, DICE and EA have opened 10,000 new slots to the public.

The 10,000 new slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis starting Friday, September 8th at 10am PST. A free GameSpy ID is required to participate.

A new version of the tuning beta is also available now, which already includes more than 1,000 changes to the game based on feedback from the beta to date. Current players will need to download the new client, but no new access key is required.

The beta has been a huge success over the past two weeks, with more than 65,000 gamers participating, helping DICE secure a clean launch for the game on October 17th.
Source: http://www.planetbattlefield.com

Hopefully DICE isn't rushing things.

Discuss!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beta was very, very dissapointing, so i personally wont be expecting any improvements by that release D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The 10,000 new slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis starting Friday, September 8th at 10am PST. A free GameSpy ID is required to participate.
I went there and they said it was closed. WTF.

Either way I'm betting the game will be poor. The Battlefield games are always very poorly optimized and have unacceptably massive load times and physics glitches. This one is probably just a model/skinpack for BF2 anyway.

Best answers
With their new updated beta client i love the game alot more then i did before they updated it, better graphics, i can actually see the path of my fire line on tanks and walkers.

The guns feel much better, the launch pods aren't godly now so you can jump half the map, the spawn beacon works correctly, everything just feels better.

Honestly i love the game, im not a huge fan of the BF series but i am a fan of it, i didn't like 2 all that much, but i loved the helicopter gameplay, combining that with jets for bf 2142's air combat was a awesome idea because you could think you have someone then they hit counter measure on you and throw them right back. Awesome game can't wait.

The load times are a little insane but once the map is loaded once it will load pretty fast, that is with all graphics on high except anti i didn't turn it on because it knocked load times up to nap time, but i did run it in it once, and it was a noticeable difference but not one i was sacrifing load times for.

The game is way more then a skin pack/animations etc, i haven't seen any physics glitches as of yet in the updated client but the old client had lag problems, invisible walls, guns weren't accurate, so it seemed like BF2 in a future setting heh.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That waas ***. I didn't get a cd-key.

Best answers
For anyone that has low expectations on this game.. don't. I am in the beta as well as a few other people here.. it is amazing. A hell of a lot less buggy, and so far.. great balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom