Battlefield 2 AA problems?

Best answers
I did a search on the BF2 forums, and there were a couple other people that had the same problem on an x800 XT. Most of them were fixed by setting it to 'Application Preferance' under your ATi control panel though. Try that, then restart your computer, then try running BF2. Wouldn't hurt to try it again I don't think.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
m4 pssssh the g36c is where its at ;)

I had AA on for a bit, I have it at medium settings, due to ram only being 512mb, need to buy some more; have an X800 Pro, I didn't notice any difference in the game...

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Jayster said:
Ok guys, I have just installed BF2.
Is it just me or are the AA really bad in this game?

I have a Sapphire Radeon X800 XT 256MB GFX.
I have maxed out the AA settings in the ATI control pannel and as well in the in-game settings but I still have badly jaggered edges... like the AA doesnt work =/

Does anyone know how to solve this problem as it just doesnt seem much better than Battlefield 1942 with this AA problem.

Thanks!
Its you.

1024x768, everything maxed out.(Geforce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 425/1200)

Also as BF1942 freak, I can say, the feeling is different, way different.

Especially the shooting/close combat has really improved.

@ Saiyan Pride

After the HL2 hype, I agree with you.

I just played HL2 with my new videocard, well it wasnt very special at all.

But then again I bought HL2 for the mods and CS: Source, not the single player part really :).

Best answers
I was a BF1942 freak as well. But I've never had so many problems with a single game.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Tassadar said:
I was a BF1942 freak as well. But I've never had so many problems with a single game.
You mean with Battlefield 2 or BF1942?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
I did a search on the BF2 forums, and there were a couple other people that had the same problem on an x800 XT. Most of them were fixed by setting it to 'Application Preferance' under your ATi control panel though. Try that, then restart your computer, then try running BF2. Wouldn't hurt to try it again I don't think.
My original BF was messed up because I had these set to do AA automatically. Dont know how it got set that way, but once I changed it back it was fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
In the ATi control panel, try setting to "Application Preference" or something along those lines and see if it's better ingame.
Tassadar said:
Yea, already told him about that :O. He then replied:
I tried before and still crappy =(

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
itr said:
Well guys, I have something for you to read...

http://bf1942.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=8659

Looks like EA did the patching since DICE has been on vacation since they were "done" with bf2, but they are coming back in to work on patches hopefully soon.
Glad I didnt download the patch now =)

Every other game runs perfect... smooth as anything when graphics maxed out in the ATi control panel as well as the in-game settings.

I really hate seeing a game that would of been good turn out crappy because they were rushed... sucks!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem is that you don't have application preference in the ATi control panel on. That has been the solution for any of the AA problems with ATi cards on every other forum I visit. Last time you had a problem with your FPS, it was because you didn't turn VSync off and you didn't know how to, even though you said you did. How about you make sure this time? Look in the control panel and make sure that it is set to Application Preference.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
The problem is that you don't have application preference in the ATi control panel on. That has been the solution for any of the AA problems with ATi cards on every other forum I visit. Last time you had a problem with your FPS, it was because you didn't turn VSync off and you didn't know how to, even though you said you did. How about you make sure this time? Look in the control panel and make sure that it is set to Application Preference.

Man, I will check again...

About the FPS, I did have V-synx off... I do know how to... I do know where it is...
I turned it off in the ATI Control Panel but left it on in the CS: S settings by mistake.

The only problem i am having with AA is BF 2. Every other game runs perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom