Battle of the Millennium

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I fought her... him... last night and got owned. Are you a girl or boy gr00vy? Hehe Im leaning to girl? I hit her probly 2-3 times but lost 15-0 although that was past 12 and my fingers were frozen solid. Id like to have another go :)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by UltraPerfectCel
I fought her... him... last night and got owned. Are you a girl or boy gr00vy? Hehe Im leaning to girl? I hit her probly 2-3 times but lost 15-0 although that was past 12 and my fingers were frozen solid. Id like to have another go :)
...oro....

*cough*, err... I'm a MALE!!! ..... Just coz my sig/avatar has anime chicks on them, doesn't mean I'm a girl myself... god! Talk about misjudgement. :\ (and this is all off-topic btw... this thread was never about me... please stop posting about me or talking to me on this thread... this isn't a grOOvy thread... o_O )

Best answers
Well, Bio, Groovy and me.
We are the Alpha and the Omega.
*Ginyu pose*
:laff:

Just play alot ESF with the ESF bots, with 100% melee over beams settings.
It might be hard in the beginning, but if you play more and more, you'll get used to it.
But the best way to train yourself is to play against very good players.
That way, you can predict common human decisions and movements.

But the best way to beat your enemy is by doing the unexpected, if you swoop, people always think you will try a headon, which is a bad choice in the current version because of the Ki bar thing.

Sometimes, when a guy swoops at me. I block his attack and throw a solar flare in his face.
Freeza for example, if he melee's someone, he can finger people in the air. It is easy to hit people that flies in a straight line.
(Many people called me a aimbot)

Best answers
I can't get the ful download of this demo file. It gets about 900k of it and then when i open it it says "unexpected end of archive". Is the link still valid? Does anyone have another link? I really want o see this demo.

Best answers
hehe, watching this mostly reminded me of the fact that lots of people spend lots of time flying and teleporting in circles...for very little outcome...

Not that I'm saying either of you guys weren't good players.

But still, it all just seems kind of wasteful for one kill...always has to me.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The point of the game is to have fun, not to have the most kills. Sure, I could probably end up with more kills than them by the time the server switches maps, but they would be having fun with fast paced 1v1 matches testing their skill while I am bored and just beaming people to death, melee does seem a whole lot more fun than beams, I should do it more, but ill never be able to keep track of where the melee gods are, i'd get owned.

Best answers
one word.

WOW!!!

melee at its best. well very close to at least. why watch dbz when we have demos like that :p
more action and less stareing in a demo.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Bihal
hehe, watching this mostly reminded me of the fact that lots of people spend lots of time flying and teleporting in circles...for very little outcome...
When 2 people fight, and their skill levels are close to each other as well, then the fight often takes long.

If I were to fight a regular ESF player, the fight would hardly take a max of 10 seconds. But if you fight someone so high in skill like Bi0, then obviously, the fight will take much longer.

Compare this to DBZ: When SSJ2 Goku fights Majin Vegeta, their skill levels were very close and the fight lasted for about 3 episodes. Whereas supposing the same SSJ2 Goku had fought a saibamen from the first saiyan saga, how long do you think would the fight have laster?

:p

Best answers
Originally posted by grOOvy
Compare this to DBZ: When SSJ2 Goku fights Majin Vegeta, their skill levels were very close and the fight lasted for about 3 episodes. Whereas supposing the same SSJ2 Goku had fought a saibamen from the first saiyan saga, how long do you think would the fight have laster?

:p
ssj2 powerlevel = many many millions

saibamen powerlevel = 1200

he tips with his finger at it and it falls to death. (he concentrated energy into this finger tip)

powerlevel is not skill.

when i would have 200 million pl, and u 1 million, i would instagib you with one melee punch. i would have put off pl balance so u would never have the chance to get a high power level and i could shoot your final flash away with one ki blast.

dbz is not esf. in dbz powerlevel = skill. in esf powerlevel is something else than skill. but you can get an high pl with skill. on 1 on 1. (not beam spammers)

but in esf ping is important too. with high ping you get little lags when u try to swoop it doesnt do it sometimes, and everything is delayed. that way a host always wins.

Best answers
Powerlevel just means strength and speed.
Goku was always able to defend himself against people that has a higher PL because of his martial arts skills.

And in DBZ, they do level up.
In the Saiyan saga, everybody trained and as I remember, they said the others has go a level up because their PL increased.

So, if your PL increases, you will go level up more and more.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Suicider
ssj2 powerlevel = many many millions

saibamen powerlevel = 1200

he tips with his finger at it and it falls to death. (he concentrated energy into this finger tip)

powerlevel is not skill.

dbz is not esf. in dbz powerlevel = skill. in esf powerlevel is something else than skill. but you can get an high pl with skill. on 1 on 1.

Thanks for telling me that there is actually a difference between ESF and DBZ, I didn't know that. :\

I didn't mean exact literal comparison, I meant that when there is a high skill difference, the fight will always be short.

Whereas when the skill levels are closer, then there is a higher ratio of avoiding the other person's attacks and countering it, resulting in longer fights.

Originally posted by Suicider

but in esf ping is important too. with high ping you get little lags when u try to swoop it doesnt do it sometimes, and everything is delayed. that way a host always wins.
Ping indeed plays an important role as having "lag" gives the user a disadvantage, but the dependence on ping isn't as great as in 1.0.

If you are better in skill, then you can easily win over a host. Saying that the host "always" wins is nothing but crap.

Best answers
Well, I can't play at my best with a high ping. There is delay when you recharge or swoop, even teleport can be annoying.

But ESF compared to CS and DOD, ESF has less lag.
If I want to headshot a person (With my ISP) I need to aim a few pixels in front of his head before I can headshot them.
Server side prediction I guess....

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: THATS WAS................SWEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!

very nice battle.

-/\/\C

Best answers
wot is this big fight i dont now about can i fight :devgrin: :devsmile:

Best answers
Maybe you should READ the TOPIC...might give you an idea what it's about.

Best answers
I find powerstruggling the funnest part of the game, especially with multipsing now..

And the main reason i find it funny, is because often people who rape at melee attack me, and if I just fly around in circles with turbo on....it takes them ages to hit me...not that I'm going to hit them...but I like to draw it out sometiems...:p And I play on LAN for fun :p but I hate people who use that beam jump bug...I kenw it was a bad idea beam jumping....which reminds me, I should check to see if it's in the bugs list, and if not, post it...

Best answers
Originally posted by Struan
wot is this big fight i dont now about can i fight :devgrin: :devsmile:
WTF I think I just got dumber from reading that.

But here's my stab at an awnser; you were asking what fight this was, and if you can be a part of it. The awnser is this was a duel between grOOvy, leader of |::Z::| clan, and BiO Brolly, leader(?) of ~{ape}~ clan, the two top clans in ESF. No, you can't be a part of it, for 2 reasons; #1, its already over, and # 2, you would get ANNIHILATED just being in the same server as those guys. They would be dueling and one of them would do some kind of fancy stunt, and you would just spontaneously die. If ESF showed deaths in the console, all you would see is

Struan died.
Struan died.
Struan died.
Struan died.
Struan died.
Struan died.
Struan died.

And so on. Don't mess:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those demos are newbie. :laff:

"R" for teleport is the best, don't use G! :)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Abe Froman

grOOvy, leader of |::Z::| clan, and BiO Brolly, leader(?) of ~{ape}~
I am not the leader anymore, I'm not even in the clan. Kakarotto is the leader.

Bi0 is the co-leader of the ape, not leader.

:)

Originally posted by killuA p0M
Those demos are newbie. :laff:

"R" for teleport is the best, don't use G! :)
MyStiX, please don't spam this thread, I don't want it closed.
Stupid comment + off topic telling us your teleport button is spam and nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom